• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nervous About Serving This Cold - Any Advice?

In summary, to keep a cold dish at a safe serving temperature, it is important to keep it at or below 40°F. This can be achieved by using ice baths, refrigerating the dish until serving, or using a chilled platter. Popular make-ahead cold dish options include salads, dips, and cold pasta dishes. To prevent a cold dish from becoming soggy, drain excess liquid and wait to add dressings until serving. For presentation, use colorful ingredients and garnishes, and incorporate different textures for added variety.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I am making this today and getting everything ready and realized that it's served cold. Something like this seems to me like it should be served warm. I'm a little nervous about it now. Any thoughts?

I want to do it for a show this weekend so I'm anxious to hear how it goes.

Actually pretty good. I see why it's suppose to be served cold now. I was thinking it was more of a like an artichoke dip but it's more of a spread type. Even DH likes it! It was a super simple recipe, quick and easy to throw together. Does show some good products.

I did it and served it as a cold dip

we made it at our recipe slam and it was good you can make the chips warm from toasting them on your stone that may be nice too

This was a HIT at dinner tonight! All my in-laws wanted the recipe. Told them how super simple it was to make I served it in the Small Bamboo Round Bowl on the cracker tray with the bread on the cracker tray. Much better then trying to put them on each piece of bread.

1. How can I keep my cold dish at a safe serving temperature?

It is important to keep cold dishes at or below 40°F to prevent bacteria growth. You can achieve this by using ice baths, keeping the dish in the refrigerator until serving, or serving on a chilled platter.

2. What are some good make-ahead cold dish options?

Some popular make-ahead cold dish options include salads, dips, and cold pasta dishes. These can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until serving.

3. How do I prevent my cold dish from becoming soggy?

To prevent a cold dish from becoming soggy, make sure to drain any excess liquid from ingredients such as vegetables or fruits. You can also wait to add any dressings or sauces until just before serving.

4. What are some tips for presenting a cold dish?

To make your cold dish visually appealing, use colorful ingredients and arrange them in a visually pleasing way. You can also add garnishes such as herbs or sliced fruits on top.

5. How can I incorporate different textures into a cold dish?

To add variety to your cold dish, try incorporating different textures such as crunchy nuts, creamy cheeses, or chewy dried fruits. This will add depth and interest to the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • pattikake
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies