• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Apple & Walnut Tapenade Recipe with Tips for Easy Peeling

In summary, the best product to use for peeling apples would be the Apple Peeler/corer/slicer, or if not available, a serrated peeler or Quikut knife. Other options include using an Apple Corer and Veggie Wedger, followed by a forged cutlery paring knife and cutting board. Some people also use a Veggie Peeler after wedging the apples. To make a tasty apple-walnut tapenade, it is recommended to toast the walnuts and add honey. Serving ideas include using goat cheese and crostini, but this may be expensive for some budgets.
Suzyengl
I'm making this recipe tomorrow at a show and the recipe calls for peeling the apples. What would be the best product to use to peel the apples?

Thanks!

Suzy in Texas

If you had it, the Apple Peeler/corer/slicer probably. But if you don't, I would just use the serrated peeler....personal favorite of mine. If not that, use a Quikut knife. That's what most people would end up using anyway most likely. :) (Just don't make a big deal about it. It's only a $1.50 product. hahah)

Or...The Apple Corer, then the Veggie Wedger & then the forged cutlery paring knife to dice up the apples + a cuttingboard, of course.

I just used our Veggie Peeler. I wedged it first with the Apple Wedger then peeled each slice.

I do the veggie peeler too - after I wedge it. Have you tried the apple-walnut tapenade? I made it for our team meeting last month and it had no taste. I think it has to be one of the goat chesse/crostini tapenades. IMO.
:grumpy:

otisbg said:
I do the veggie peeler too - after I wedge it. Have you tried the apple-walnut tapenade? I made it for our team meeting last month and it had no taste. I think it has to be one of the goat chesse/crostini tapenades. IMO.
:grumpy:

You have to use extra mint....

My secret to the Apple & Walnut Tapenade? (and every time I've made it - people have raved!) Make sure and toast the walnuts before you make it, AND add 2 Tbls. of honey to it.

To peel the apples the serrated peeler actually works the best! It actually grabs the skin and peels it great. Really sharp though, watch the edges of your fingers!

Thank for all of the great tips! I appreciate it!
Suzy in Texas

How has everyone been serving this? I like the goat cheese & tapenade crostini idea, but the goat cheese is a little pricey for my budget, and so I am afraid it would be out of the budget for the host as well.

1. What is Apple & Walnut Tapenade?

Apple & Walnut Tapenade is a delicious spread made with apples, walnuts, and a blend of savory herbs and spices. It's perfect for serving as an appetizer with crackers or as a topping for meats and sandwiches.

2. How do I use Apple & Walnut Tapenade?

Apple & Walnut Tapenade can be used in a variety of ways. You can spread it on crackers or bread for a tasty snack, use it as a condiment for sandwiches, or serve it as a topping for grilled meats or vegetables.

3. Is Apple & Walnut Tapenade gluten-free?

Yes, our Apple & Walnut Tapenade is gluten-free. It is made with all natural ingredients and does not contain any gluten or wheat products.

4. How long does Apple & Walnut Tapenade last?

Unopened, our Apple & Walnut Tapenade can last up to one year in a cool, dry place. Once opened, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.

5. Can I use Apple & Walnut Tapenade in recipes?

Absolutely! Our Apple & Walnut Tapenade can be used as a flavorful addition to many recipes. It can be used as a marinade for meats, mixed into salads, or added to pasta dishes for a unique twist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefa
Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
Admin Greg