• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rockcrok 3-Ingredient Recipe: Success & Challenges

In summary, the recipe used a box spice cake mix, unsweetened applesauce and a sliced red apple. The cake part was crumbley, but delicious.
mspibb
Gold Member
I made the 3 ingredient recipe in the Rockcrok that was in our newsletter this month. I did my apples with the classic APS instead of the slicer and baked it since I was doing it ahead. I took it to my meeting last night and it was a big hit! My only problem, it didn't slice well - it was messy. Any suggestions?

Do you use any thickener for the pie filling?

Admin Greg said:
Do you use any thickener for the pie filling?
This is the one that uses a spice cake mix and unsweetened applesauce and you slice an apple to put on the bottom of the Rockcrock everyday pan.

mspibb said:
This is the one that uses a spice cake mix and unsweetened applesauce and you slice an apple to put on the bottom of the Rockcrock everyday pan.
Sure, but maybe you could add a thickening agent to the recipe?

Did the cake part not hold together?

You need to tell us more - it would be more like an apple cake, unless you cubed/minced the apples down. Maybe use canned pie filling instead and try it? My suggestion is 3-2-1 cake and do it in the microwave. Oil spritz walls of rockcrock (or fluted stone which this recipe was made for) 3 eggs, 2 cups of applesauce/pie filling/sour cream and 1 cup nuts or chips or raisins or such. blend well, nuke for 12 mins until it pulls away from sides of pan.

annarosy said:
It was crumbley, but delicious!

The 3-2-1 is in ADDITION to a box cake mix I assume, correct??
scottcooks said:
You need to tell us more - it would be more like an apple cake, unless you cubed/minced the apples down. Maybe use canned pie filling instead and try it? My suggestion is 3-2-1 cake and do it in the microwave. Oil spritz walls of rockcrock (or fluted stone which this recipe was made for) 3 eggs, 2 cups of applesauce/pie filling/sour cream and 1 cup nuts or chips or raisins or such. blend well, nuke for 12 mins until it pulls away from sides of pan.

If you are talking about the Apple Spice cake I made the three ingredient are a box spice cake mix, 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce and a sliced red apple. There is a sauce of maple syrup cooked down with butter.

Denise K said:
The 3-2-1 is in ADDITION to a box cake mix I assume, correct??
Yes, Denise - in addition to a box of 'pudding in the mix' cake mix.

Sounds delicious.
I will try by myself today.

1. What is the Rockcrok 3-Ingredient Recipe?

The Rockcrok 3-Ingredient Recipe is a collection of easy and delicious recipes that require only three ingredients, making meal prep and cooking quick and simple.

2. What makes the Rockcrok 3-Ingredient Recipe successful?

The success of the Rockcrok 3-Ingredient Recipe lies in its simplicity and versatility. By using only three ingredients, it eliminates the need for complicated and time-consuming recipes while still providing tasty and satisfying meals.

3. Are there any challenges when using the Rockcrok 3-Ingredient Recipe?

The only potential challenge when using the Rockcrok 3-Ingredient Recipe is finding the right balance of flavors with only three ingredients. However, the recipes are carefully crafted to ensure a delicious and well-rounded taste.

4. Can I customize the Rockcrok 3-Ingredient Recipe?

Yes, while the recipes are designed to use only three ingredients, you can certainly add your own personal touch by incorporating additional spices, herbs, or toppings to suit your taste preferences.

5. Are the ingredients used in the Rockcrok 3-Ingredient Recipe easily accessible?

Yes, the ingredients used in the Rockcrok 3-Ingredient Recipe are simple and easily accessible. Most can be found at your local grocery store, and substitutions can be made if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • otisbg
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies