• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is an Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer Worth the Hype? Find Out Here!

In summary, this product is really worth the money, it is much faster than doing it by hand, and it is also good for making curley fries.
AmaraJ
What do you all think about this? Can someone tell me how it cores the apples, and also does it hook onto your counter so you don't have to get the stand? Is is really that much faster than doing it by hand?
I have a guest contemplating it, and honestly, I wasn't able to tell her anything about it :( .

It is so worth it. I needed my director to show me how to use it but once I knew, I was off and running!

I bought the stand, but you don't have to ---- I just think it is easier.

And its MUCH faster then doing it by hand!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, it is SO much faster than doing it by hand. Plus, the slices are so thin and uniform that when you use it for baking they all cook up the same amount. Plus, you can do potatoes with it, too.The stand isn't necessary if she has a counter to hook it onto - it sort of has a C clamp that hooks onto the counter. But I like the stand because I store it on top of my fridge. I don't have enough counter space to give it a permanent home there. Oh, and use it for apple dumplings, too. Whatever you put in the center - butter, cinnamon, whatever - oozes out through the slices when you bake it. It's heavenly!HTH.

I love this product..it's so worth the $$. You will need the stand unless you have at least a 3 inch hangover off your counter top (or you could clamp it to your table). I just leave mine right on the stand and wash them both together (by hand)

jbachen said:
Oh, and use it for apple dumplings, too. Whatever you put in the center - butter, cinnamon, whatever - oozes out through the slices when you bake it. It's heavenly!

HTH.

Could you share your recipe for apple dumplings?

jrny2001 said:
Could you share your recipe for apple dumplings?

Um, I would if I could find it... Hm, I think I used this one: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Old-Fashioned-Apple-Dumplings/Detail.aspx

But I used pre-made pie crust instead of the home made stuff. I just rolled it out to make it a little thinner and square, and then cut it into the pieces. Oh, and of course my apples were peeled, cored and sliced instead of just peeled and cored. :)

But watch out - I am not sure how many Weight Watchers points these are, but I would guess A LOT! ;)

It's a good seller when there is a child at the show. Let them use it and they want it. I use small potatoes when there are several kids because they are cheaper than apples. It makes great curley fries.

As a pampered chef consultant, I can definitely attest to the fact that the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is worth the hype! It is a versatile and efficient tool that can save you time and effort in the kitchen. To answer your questions, the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer uses a sharp blade to peel and core the apples while also slicing them into perfect, even slices. It works by attaching the apple to the prongs and turning the handle, which rotates the apple against the blade. And yes, it does come with a suction base that can be attached to your counter, making it stable and easy to use without the need for a stand. In terms of speed, it can definitely save you a lot of time compared to peeling, coring, and slicing apples by hand. It is also great for large quantities of apples, making it a perfect tool for baking or canning. I highly recommend the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer to your guest. It is a great investment that will make your apple preparation a breeze. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have, and I will be happy to assist you further.

What is an Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer?

An Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is a kitchen tool that is used to quickly and efficiently peel, core, and slice apples. It saves time and effort compared to doing these tasks manually with a knife.

How does an Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer work?

An Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer has a sharp blade that peels the skin off the apple as it rotates, while also removing the core. The apple is then pushed through a set of blades that slices it into even pieces.

What types of apples can be used with an Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer?

An Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer can be used with most types of apples, from small to medium-sized. However, it is not recommended for use with larger or softer apples, as they may not fit properly or may not hold up well during the peeling process.

Is an Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer dishwasher safe?

It depends on the specific model, but most Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicers are dishwasher safe. However, it is always recommended to check the manufacturer's instructions before putting any kitchen tool in the dishwasher.

Can an Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer be used for other fruits?

While an Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is specifically designed for apples, it can also be used for other round fruits such as pears or potatoes. However, it may not work as effectively as it does with apples and may require some adjustments or manual peeling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • lanelly7
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • paulabatton