• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Apple Crisp in the Dcb - to Cover or Not to Cover

In summary, the recipe calls for apple peeler, corer, slicer, and chopper. You can use ground cinnamon in place of the Korintje cinnamon.
smartcookie
Gold Member
Hello everyone,

I'm making one of the Apple Crisp variations from the Magic Pot cookbook for a show tomorrow. The recipe isn't clear regarding covering or not covering it while microwaving. I've done it with the cover on and it turns out OK, but not very crisp. I don't have the time or ingredient to try it again not covered. Has anyone tried it? What would you suggest?

Hmmmm . . . I don't have that recipe in front of me, but I just had the Autumn Apple-Cherry Crisp one sitting right here. Does it have a topping? This recipe has that in the micro uncovered 5-7 min, then dumping out on parchment. The rest is done covered, then put the topping on and let it sit 5-10 minutes uncovered.

HTH,
Sandi

good question, found the one my director gave me that she uses with the dcb at the pc website, but it doesnt use the dcb like she does...

She said lid off

Mom's Apple Crisp

Ingredients:
4-6 Granny Smith apples
8 graham crackers (2 1/2 x 5 inches), finely chopped
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
Directions:
Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half; place in Deep Dish Baker.
Finely chop graham crackers using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Add brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon; mix well. Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Add butter; mix well.
Sprinkle graham cracker mixture evenly over apples. Microwave on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender, rotating dish after 6 minutes. Cool slightly; serve warm topped with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 4 g

Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 2 fruit, 2 fat (3 carb)

Cook's Tips: You'll need about 3 pounds of apples to make this recipe.

Ground cinnamon can be substituted for the Korintje Cinnamon, if desired.

If using a microwave oven without a built-in turntable, rotate the baker after 8 minutes of cooking.

To prepare this crisp in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare recipe as directed. Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake 45 minutes; uncover and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until apples are tender.

Last edited:
Lid off.

I made the above recipe for our team meeting and there was not a drop left! My host is going to make this tonight for her show!!

Makes the house smell devine.

Hi there! I've made the Apple Crisp variation from the Magic Pot cookbook before and I usually cover it while microwaving. However, if you want a crispier topping, you could try leaving the cover off for the last few minutes of cooking. Another tip is to make sure the apples are sliced thinly and evenly so they cook through and the topping doesn't get soggy. Let us know how it turns out!

1. Should I cover my Apple Crisp when baking it in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, it is recommended to cover your Apple Crisp when baking it in the Deep Covered Baker. This will help the apples cook evenly and prevent them from drying out.

2. Can I use any type of apples for the Apple Crisp?

Yes, you can use any type of apples for the Apple Crisp. However, it is recommended to use a mix of tart and sweet apples for the best flavor.

3. How long does it take to bake the Apple Crisp in the Deep Covered Baker?

The baking time for the Apple Crisp in the Deep Covered Baker will vary depending on your oven, but it usually takes about 30-40 minutes. It is recommended to check on the crisp after 30 minutes and continue baking until the top is golden brown.

4. Can I use a gluten-free flour for the topping?

Yes, you can substitute regular flour for a gluten-free flour in the topping for the Apple Crisp. Just make sure to follow the measurement instructions on the gluten-free flour package.

5. Can I make the Apple Crisp ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can make the Apple Crisp ahead of time and reheat it in the Deep Covered Baker or in the oven. Just be sure to cover it with foil before reheating to prevent it from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lilscrapmama
  • karlene
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
zmom58