Appetizers for Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Theme Shows' started by Kathytnt, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathytnt

Kathytnt

I have a fundraiser and at this point I am not sure the number of guests - Ideas of some appetizers - and perhaps a dessert - The show will start at 7:30
    Perhaps something that can be partially prepared ahead if needed.
    Some of the things like the Caprese Sandwiches and such with the Cucina Italiano look great but they don't make much per recipe

I am excited - This will be my second show

My first will be my sister's 5 days earlier

2. terryteach

terryteach

For the desserts I would think about doing the tuxedo Brownie Cups pg26 Celebrate cook book or the Berries 'N Cream Wonton Cups pg 114 It's Good For You. The brownie and the cups can be made ahead of time and then just filled - you can even have guests come up and help if you want and you'll have at least 24 of each since you are using the mini muffin pan. For appetizer I think the Southwestern Snack Squares pg 31 Celebrate are good because you can make small servings and predo the crust and then put toppings on. Hope this was helpful. Good luck.

3. pchef2006

pchef2006

For the desserts you could try the Profiterole Puffs. One batch makes 24 puffs so you could always double it. You might want to just in case they are very addicting!! :)

4. Kathytnt

Kathytnt

Do you make the puffs in advance - I am still a newbie - I don't have the accent decorator or the mini pans - I have a decorator my mom gave me for my wedding last fall but not one to demo PC with

5. Kathytnt

Kathytnt

Terry I have the "good for you" cookbook but not the Celebrate although I was hoping to get that for Kit enhancement month - I won't have it time for my show

6. pchef2006

pchef2006

The puffs can be made in advance. I just wouldn't fill them until your ready to serve them otherwise they might get soggy. The decorator you have should work just as well.

7. Chef Diane

Chef Diane

If you like the Caprese Mini Sandwiches

use them. You can always cut each sandwich in half giving you twice as many. Remember its not meal time, you're just sampling and have your host remind her/his guests of that during her reminder calls.:D
    She could say something like..."We'll be sampling appetizers so grab something lite before the show." The key word is sampling!

HTH

8. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Gold Member

I'd suggest that you make all the food ahead (cool veggie pizza, seven layer salad squares) and do a brief demo with potatoes, cucumbers, whatever. If it's a big group, you'll need most of your time to help them checkout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.