• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Easy Appetizers for DD's 1st B-Day Party!

In summary, the conversation is about planning for a one-year-old's birthday party and ideas for appetizers for the adults. The original poster is considering chicken nuggets from Chick-Fil-A, but they are closed on Sundays. They also mention being a PC consultant and looking for PC appetizer ideas. Other posters suggest various options, such as Hot Pizza Dip, Touchdown Taco Dip, mini quiches, little smokies, Pan Asian Meatballs, and Club House Chicken Squares. Some posters also mention ideas for younger children, but the original poster clarifies that they are specifically looking for ideas for adults. They also mention their child's food issues, but believe they will be fine with small amounts of dairy in the cake. The original
ChefJoyJ
My DD is turning one on Feb. 17 - yeah! :D We're having a b-day party for her (okay, for us :)) and I need some quick easy appetizer ideas for the adults. There will be 4 little ones all ranging from 12-15 months, and the rest will either be older children or adults. My DH was thinking of some chicken nuggets from Chick-Fil-A, but they're closed on Sundays. So, I got to thinking, since I'm a PC consultant, I should have some yummy PC apps...but now I'm drawing a blank.

Any ideas? TIA! :chef:

There are chicken nuggets in the 29 Minute cookbook. ;)Hot Pizza Dip is good, as is Touchdown Taco Dip. Mini quiches (All the Best).

Little smokies in a mixture of grape jelly and chili sauce

The Pan Asian Meatballs are good and easy

Are you wanting appetizers for 12-16 month olds or for their parents?

When my son was that age, and in a busy setting, he wouldn't eat hardly anything.....too much going on for him to bother eating! But I would think the simpler the better.....little smokies wrapped in crescent rolls, banana and orange slices, strawberries, melon cubes, cheese cubes, crackers, little bowls of cheerios......I know he definitely wouldn't have tried anything new in that type of setting - but I might have been able to get him to eat a few bites of familiar favorites. and of course, he would have wanted some cake!:D

Club House Chicken Squares is a great healthy appetizer, easy to make, can make ahead if needed and feeds lots of people.

ChefBeckyD said:
Are you wanting appetizers for 12-16 month olds or for their parents?

When my son was that age, and in a busy setting, he wouldn't eat hardly anything.....too much going on for him to bother eating! But I would think the simpler the better.....little smokies wrapped in crescent rolls, banana and orange slices, strawberries, melon cubes, cheese cubes, crackers, little bowls of cheerios......I know he definitely wouldn't have tried anything new in that type of setting - but I might have been able to get him to eat a few bites of familiar favorites. and of course, he would have wanted some cake!:D

Okay - just re-read your post....totally missed the "for adults" part...so you can ignore this post now!:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - just re-read your post....totally missed the "for adults" part...so you can ignore this post now!:eek:

No worries! :) I know I've misread many a post... I already know the yummies for the kids (knowing they won't eat much of anything) - some fruit, crackers, juice and/or water in sippy cups, and maybe some chicken nuggets for the parents to cut up. Emily has some food issues, so she's never had chicken nuggets, but I think she might enjoy them. I'm a little worried about the cake with her dairy issues, but I think the dairy will be in small enough doses (and she probably won't eat that much) that she should be fine. By food issues I mean she has reacted to foods in the past, due to her tummy issues, but since her surgery has been *much* better. However, when we switched to a milk based formula for her morning cereal, she would vomit every day about an hour or so after eating. Never seemed to bother her, she'd just stop in the middle of playing, vomit on the floor, look at it, and then go back to playing. If it wasn't so icky it would have been funny. Once we swtiched back to the soy formula in the mornings, she was fine. I nurse her the rest of the day, so this was just an AM issue.

So, you're right...my post was seeking easy and yummy ideas for the adult food. Stuff that, if left over, my DH, parents, and I won't mind eating for dinner. Keep the ideas coming. With my hyper organized former teacher self - I like to plan ahead and know what I'm doing in advance for things like this! :)

ChefJoyJ said:
No worries! :) I know I've misread many a post... I already know the yummies for the kids (knowing they won't eat much of anything) - some fruit, crackers, juice and/or water in sippy cups, and maybe some chicken nuggets for the parents to cut up. Emily has some food issues, so she's never had chicken nuggets, but I think she might enjoy them. I'm a little worried about the cake with her dairy issues, but I think the dairy will be in small enough doses (and she probably won't eat that much) that she should be fine. By food issues I mean she has reacted to foods in the past, due to her tummy issues, but since her surgery has been *much* better. However, when we switched to a milk based formula for her morning cereal, she would vomit every day about an hour or so after eating. Never seemed to bother her, she'd just stop in the middle of playing, vomit on the floor, look at it, and then go back to playing. If it wasn't so icky it would have been funny. Once we swtiched back to the soy formula in the mornings, she was fine. I nurse her the rest of the day, so this was just an AM issue.So, you're right...my post was seeking easy and yummy ideas for the adult food. Stuff that, if left over, my DH, parents, and I won't mind eating for dinner. Keep the ideas coming. With my hyper organized former teacher self - I like to plan ahead and know what I'm doing in advance for things like this! :)
Then I have to go with the clubhouse chicken squares.....or a cool veggie pizza - we always love to eat either of those, if there are ever any leftovers!I once had a show with 3 women and 1 man, and they ate the whole pan of clubhouse chicken squares!

Will someone be kind enough to post the Clubhouse Chicken Squares recipe for me? I have seen it mentioned on here a ton of times.

Pinwheels are always an easy go to for me. You can make them a few hours ahead of time because they are good hot or cold.

The chessy bacon dip is good & easy. I made it for a party yesterday & everyone LOVED it!

What about the Crab Ragoon dip in the seasons best? Its easy and is alway gone when I make it.

Clubhouse Chicken Squares
heather223 said:
Will someone be kind enough to post the Clubhouse Chicken Squares recipe for me? I have seen it mentioned on here a ton of times.

Here you go!:thumbup:

Attachments

• ClubHouseChickenSquares.doc
    71.5 KB · Views: 260

1. What are some quick and easy appetizers that I can make for my daughter's 1st birthday party?

Some quick and easy appetizers that would be perfect for a 1st birthday party include fruit skewers, mini quiches, veggie and dip platters, cheese and crackers, and pinwheel sandwiches.

2. Can I make these appetizers ahead of time?

Yes, many of these appetizers can be made ahead of time to save you time on the day of the party. For example, fruit skewers can be assembled the night before and kept in the fridge, and pinwheel sandwiches can be made a few hours in advance and stored in an airtight container.

3. Are there any options for gluten-free or dairy-free appetizers?

Absolutely! You can easily make gluten-free and dairy-free versions of many of these appetizers. For example, use gluten-free crackers for the cheese and cracker platter, and substitute dairy-free cream cheese for the pinwheel sandwiches.

4. How many appetizers should I make for a party of 20 people?

It's always better to have more food than not enough, so we recommend making at least 3-4 different types of appetizers and having enough for each guest to have 2-3 pieces of each. For a party of 20 people, that would be around 60-80 appetizer pieces.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef products to make these appetizers?

Yes, many Pampered Chef products are perfect for making these quick and easy appetizers. For example, our fruit skewers can be made using our bamboo skewers, and our mini quiches can be made using our mini muffin pan. Check out our website for more recipe ideas and product recommendations!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76