• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Appetizer Idea for Picky (Eater) Host

Total Fat...9 g, Saturated Fat...4 g, Cholesterol...10 mg, Carbohydrate...28 g, Protein...2 g, Sodium...130 mg, Fiber...1 gIn summary, the conversation is about finding an appetizer recipe for a picky host who is having a show on Sunday. The host does not like white sauces, onions, peppers, spicy foods, mayo, and whip cream. The person suggests that the host pick something that her guests will like and make something for herself. They also mention that the Easy Elegant Appetizers on CC include phyllo cups and pesto pinwheels which would suit the picky host. They also suggest a recipe for Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal
jenniepc
I have a show this Sunday and am having a hard time finding an appetizer recipe for the host other than the Chicago Hot Dog Bites. This is the information she sent me:

I dont like white sauces, except I will dip my veggies in ranch sometimes. No whip cream, sour cream, def no mayo. I also dont like onions and peppers and spicy foods.

Any suggestions?

Suggest she pick something her GUESTS will like then have her make something herself that SHE would like!

Of course, you can do chicken your way with the sauces to taste. And demo various fruits and veggies for the cool & serve. No need to dip if you don't want to.

Remind her that just because she's picky doesn't mean all her guests will be;)

The Easy Elegant Appetizers on CC fit the bill and show off several items of ours. The phyllo cups and the pesto pinwheels have been great hits and fit her pickiness.

I'm a picky eater so I understand her concern. Try this one. It's a fav. and can be made using the new consultant kit.

Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Chews
2 cups quick oats
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, divided
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup butterscotch caramel ice cream topping
½ cup chopped pecans
1 pkg. (6 oz) semi-sweet chocolate morsels

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray Rectangular Baker with nonstick cooking spray. Combine oats, 1 ½ cups of the flour, brown sugar, and baking soda in Classic Batter Bowl. Add butter; mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of baker. Bake 15 min.
2. Combine ice cream topping and remaining ¼ cup flour in Small Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Drizzle over bottom of crust; carefully spread to edges using Large Spreader.
3. Combine pecans and reserved crumb mixture in small bowl. Sprinkle crumb mixture and chocolate morsels evenly over caramel mixture. Bake 15-18 min. or until golden brown and bubbly. Remove to Cooling Rack. Cool Completely. Cut into bars. Yield 24 bars.

Apple Bundles (Delightful Desserts)
2 med. Granny Smith Apples 1 pkg. (11 oz) reg. Bread sticks 1 med. Orange
1 tbs. Butter or margarine, melted ½ cup sugar ½ tsp Korintje Cinnamon (or your own Cinnamon)

Preheat oven to 375. Peel, core and slice apples with Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer; cut slices crosswise in half. Unroll dough; separate at perforations to form 12 strips. Place 3-4 apples slices at the end of each strip of dough and roll up. Arrange bundles in Deep Dish Baker. Zest 1 tsp orange rind with Lemon Zester/Scorer; set aside. Juice orange to yield 1/3 cup juice; pour into bottom of Deep Dish Baker, but not over bundles. Brush melted butter over bundles. Mix zest, sugar and cinnamon; spoon over bundles. Bake 25-30 min or until golden brown. Cal 130, Fat 2.5, Carb 25, protein 2, sodium 200, fiber less than 1g. Diabetic exchange: 1 starch, ½ fruit (1 ½ carb) *May be served warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.

The Pampered Chef ®
Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies
Recipe

1 pkg (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
1 pkg (18-21 oz) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
1 cup salted mixed nuts, divided
5 rolls (1.7 oz each) milk chocolate-covered chewy caramels, divided (40 pieces total)
Vanilla ice cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly brush Large Bar Pan with vegetable oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Chop 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate morsels using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine brownie mix, water, oil, eggs and 1/4 cup of the brown sugar; mix well. Fold in chopped chocolate; pour batter into bar pan, spreading evenly using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®.

Chop nuts using Food Chopper. Combine half of the nuts and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar; sprinkle evenly over brownie batter. Bake 20-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

Meanwhile, using Utility Knife, cut 16 caramels into quarters. Place remaining 1/2 cup chocolate morsels in Prep Bowl; microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted, stirring after each 20-second interval. Spoon melted chocolate into resealable plastic bag; set aside.

Remove bar pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Immediately press remaining 24 caramels evenly into brownie in four rows of six caramels each. Sprinkle quartered caramels and remaining nuts over brownies. Trim corner of chocolate-filled bag with Utility Knife; drizzle chocolate evenly over brownies. Cut into squares; serve warm using Mini-Serving Spatula. Serve with ice cream, if desired.

Yield: 24 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 135 mg, Fiber 2 g

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had totally forgoten about Apple Bundles - OMG they are sooo good!

I think you should go with what the host wants, even if she is picky. What good does it do her to host a show if she doesn't like the food?

How about the mini ham puffs from the All the best cookbook? I have hosts that love them. I even hd one person that was a guest who was vegetarian. Ask me to leave oput the ham. So prior to putting the ham into the mixture I filled 2 cups for her. I thought it sounded odd that way but she really liked them

1. What are some easy and delicious appetizer ideas for picky eaters?

Some great options for picky eaters include mini quiches, stuffed mushrooms, veggie platters with dip, and bruschetta. These options are customizable and can cater to a variety of tastes.

2. Can you recommend any appetizers that are both kid-friendly and appealing to adults?

Mini grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken tenders with dipping sauces, and fruit skewers are all options that are loved by both kids and adults. They're also easy to prepare and can be made in large batches for a crowd.

3. What appetizers can I make ahead of time for a party?

Some make-ahead options include deviled eggs, pinwheels, and cheese and crackers. These can be prepared the day before and kept in the fridge until ready to serve.

4. I have guests with dietary restrictions. What appetizers can I make that are gluten-free or vegan?

Fresh fruit and vegetable platters, hummus with gluten-free crackers or veggies for dipping, and gluten-free or vegan bruschetta are all great options for guests with dietary restrictions.

5. I want to make unique and creative appetizers. What are some ideas that will impress my guests?

Some unique and creative appetizer ideas include bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese, brie and cranberry puff pastry bites, and prosciutto-wrapped asparagus. These options are delicious and visually appealing, sure to impress your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dwyerkim
  • xxmandie1xx
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
xxmandie1xx
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC