• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Make-Ahead Appetizer for Block Party | Neighborhood Event Ideas

In summary, the conversation is about a person who wants to contribute to a block party with an appetizer or dessert and some promotional materials. They are looking for suggestions on what to make that can be served cold and made ahead of time, without the use of a stone or other Pampered Chef gear. Some suggestions given include a cream cheese and sauce platter with club crackers and a hot pizza dip using a small stone. The person ended up making a Caribbean dip in a Halloween themed plate instead of a Pampered Chef recipe.
KellerCooks
A neighborhood customer advised me that her street is having a block party tomorrow (around 40 people). While I am not invited to attend (owners on that street only), I wanted to drop off an appetizer or dessert and some mini catalogs, business cards and gift brochures in the hopes people might be interested. I'm new to the business so any publicity is good publicity, and the only reason I found this neighborhood customer is b/c I blanketed the area with flyers for my kick-off and that's how she heard about my party.

Now the question: Anyone have an idea of what to make? Their party is not halloween themed, it's mostly adults, and they seem to have a lot of desserts coming. Thus, it seems an appetizer would be best, but I need something that doesn't have to be served hot and that I can make a few hours ahead (or the night before). I also don't want to leave it in a stone or other PC gear b/c I am going out of town and won't have time to get it back right away.

Thoughts?

There is always the standby of cream cheese and sauce. Take a block of cream cheese, divide it in half and put on a platter (disposable, since you won't be there). Pour Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce over one, and Raspberry Habernero Sauce over the other. Surround the platter with club crackers. You can print up a small tag that says "Pampered Chef Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce", and one for the RHS, and somehow attach it to the platter. Maybe make a little sign and attach a toothpick to it, then stick the sign in the cream cheese. When everybody tries it (and they will LOVE it), they know what it is, and since you have your cards and mini catties available, they will know where to get it!

Best appetizer hands down: Hot Pizza Dip...take any small stone (small oval was awesome, but we don't sell it anymore) and in it put 8oz. cream cheese you have mixed with 2 cloves minced garlic and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning. Top this with 1/2 cup your favorite marinara sauce, then top that with 1/2 cup mozarrella and/or parmesan cheese. I add pepperoni from a stick at the 7-11 sliced thin, you can add green or yellow or red bell peppers for color. Heat until cheese on top is barely golden and serve with crackers or pita chips or french bread. YUM!

I've made it -- but I didn't want to leave a stone there b/c I'm going out of town. Instead I did a caribbean dip in a halloween themed plate. I wish I could have done a PC recipe, but it didn't work out that way.

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your situation with us. It's great that you are taking advantage of this opportunity to promote your business and reach potential customers. As for what to make for the block party, I suggest going for something light and refreshing, like a fruit salsa with tortilla chips or a Mediterranean dip with pita bread. These can be made ahead of time and don't require any heating or specific serving dishes. Plus, they are perfect for adult gatherings and won't clash with the other desserts. Best of luck with your business and have a great time at the block party!

1. What are some easy appetizers I can make for a block party?

Some easy appetizers you can make for a block party using Pampered Chef products include mini quiches made in a muffin tin, bruschetta using the Quick Slice or Manual Food Processor, and fruit skewers using the Quick-Stick Snack Maker.

2. Can I make appetizers ahead of time for a block party?

Yes, many appetizers can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until the block party. Some great options for make-ahead appetizers are dips made in the Chillzanne Rectangle Server, pinwheels made with the Pastry Roller, and mini sandwiches made in the Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan.

3. How can I make appetizers that accommodate dietary restrictions?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can help you make appetizers that accommodate dietary restrictions. The Veggie Spiralizer is great for making gluten-free and vegetarian options, while the Microplane Zester can be used for dairy-free recipes. The Mix 'N Chop is also great for making appetizers that are low carb and keto-friendly.

4. What are some appetizers that can be cooked on the grill for a block party?

There are many appetizers that can be cooked on the grill using Pampered Chef products. Some popular options include grilled vegetable skewers made with the Flexible Skewers, grilled shrimp using the Grill Pan, and grilled flatbread made with the Rockcrok Grill Stone.

5. How can I display and serve my appetizers at a block party?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can help you display and serve your appetizers at a block party. The Bamboo Tray with Dipping Bowls is great for serving dips and sauces, while the Entertaining Set can be used for displaying a variety of appetizers. The Cake Stand with Dome is also great for showcasing dessert appetizers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Ritz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LisaVH
  • Pckristinv
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pckristinv
Replies