• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

APampered Chefs Takes Half the Apple With It.

In summary, people are having problems with their OOOPS apple peelers. One problem is that the blade will stop peeling halfway through the apple. The other problem is that the core is breaking. The OOOPS apple peelers are past warranty, so if the blades are not working, the only option is to replace the entire peeler.
AMTC
Gold Member
Okay, this happened to me the other day, and I don't know how but then it was fine half way through the apple. But I just had someone call and tell me hers is doing it all the time. Anybody had this problem? Is it the peeler spring? Can it be fixed? I think hers is past warranty.

Thanks

You can adjust how much the peeling blade takes off - if it was loose and got jarred, then it might have moved. Loosen the little screw on the bottom of the peeling blade and push the blade away from the apple, then tighten the screw. You don't need to move it far, but it will make a big difference.

Also, be sure to use very fresh apples... Granny Smith are the best. I've found that the softer the apple, the more it takes off.

If you have a soft apple you can put it in the freezer for a few minutes and it works better.

Is it peeling off too much skin or breaking in half? If it's breaking, the apple is too large and the core is breaking.

I have one of these things. I just confirmed when I bought it. It is, indeed, past warranty.I have blamed my problems with it on the apples I used. Only when I looked up the product information did I find that OOOPS ... I never should have put it in the dishwasher!Mine has two problems ... * It stops peeling mid-apple.
* It stops coring and slicing half way through.I've tried Granny Smith ... and the other day for fun ... I tried peeling a potato. I put the corer blade down and put the potato on there. It peeled exactly HALF the potato. The other side never got touched by the peeler.If anyone can tell me what parts I should replace, I'd appreciate it.

I would replace both of your blades, they have probably dulled. The end blade should have with the 2nd problem.

I just did a adjustment on my mothers because the spring on the peeling blade was way too tight and didn't fall back when the apple came up.She hadn't used it yet. I tried, I tried adjusting the blades the rubber stoppers at the bottom everything! so with that said if all the advice above hasn't worked maybe it needs to be replaced???

Fresh & COLD apples are the key (in my opinion)

I love love this product and sell a ton of them in the fall. I have had mine I think for at least 6 years, maybe longer.

What is "A Pampered Chef Takes Half the Apple With It"?

"A Pampered Chef Takes Half the Apple With It" is a kitchen tool designed by Pampered Chef that allows you to easily and cleanly cut an apple in half, removing the core and seeds in the process.

How does "A Pampered Chef Takes Half the Apple With It" work?

This tool has a sharp, curved blade that slices through the apple and a coring tube that removes the core and seeds as you push the tool through the fruit. The result is two perfectly halved apples with no mess.

Is "A Pampered Chef Takes Half the Apple With It" safe to use?

Yes, this tool is designed with safety in mind. It has a comfortable grip and a protective cover for the blade. However, it is important to always use caution when handling sharp objects.

Can "A Pampered Chef Takes Half the Apple With It" be used on other fruits?

While this tool was specifically designed for apples, it can also be used on other round fruits such as pears or even small melons.

Is "A Pampered Chef Takes Half the Apple With It" dishwasher safe?

Yes, this tool is dishwasher safe for easy clean-up. However, it is recommended to hand wash the blade to maintain its sharpness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kimodchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • JennyJennJen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • smilesarepriceless