• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Want to Guess the Discontinued Products?

In summary, the author guesses that the following products will be discontinued: Drink Charms, Linens/Placemats, Napkin Rings, Scoop Clip, Stainless Cleaner, Rectangle Stone (not that he wants it to go), Woven Baskets, Striped Towels, Creative Cutters, Window Pane Linens, Stainless Cleaner, Easy Clean Kitchen Brush, Gravy Separator (??), Baster & Cleaning Brush, Pinch Bowls, Cutting Board with Measure Cups, Coating Trays and Tool, Pie Gate.
Mystik
A spin-off from the guess the new products thread. :D

I was flipping through the catalog today trying to guess what's going to be discontinued. And I couldn't find too many items.

My guesses are:

the outdoor tumblers
Drink Charms

Those are the only two items I could find. http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/sally/lol.gif

Window Pane Linens
Nylon tools

I hope not the Nylon Tools. I hate the Chefs Tools...all I use are the Nylon Tools.

The Drink Charms have been a joke since they were introduced.

Scoop Clip
Stainless Cleaner
Rectangle Stone (not that I want it to go...but they've already discontinued the other flat stones.)

Seasons best...
Woven baskets
Striped towels
Suds pump
Creative cutters
Window pane linens

ChefBeckyD said:
Stainless Cleaner

Have you used it? It's quite effective! I know Bon Ami is cheaper, but the Stainless Cleaner works way better.

One of the older cookbooks.

DebbieJ said:
Have you used it? It's quite effective! I know Bon Ami is cheaper, but the Stainless Cleaner works way better.

I've not sold one. That's what I was basing my guess on...I just looked through the catalog, and picked some things that wouldn't be missed.

drink charms, linens/placemats, the napkin rings, scoop clip, easy clean kitchen brush, gravy seperator (??), baster & cleaning brush. I think I've sold a TOTAL of 10 of these items.

Who knows- these are just my guesses. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
I hope not the Nylon Tools. I hate the Chefs Tools...all I use are the Nylon Tools.

The Drink Charms have been a joke since they were introduced.

Scoop Clip
Stainless Cleaner
Rectangle Stone (not that I want it to go...but they've already discontinued the other flat stones.)

I totally agree! I use mine all the time, I rarely use the Chefs Tools....

jbdowd0798 said:
drink charms, linens/placemats, the napkin rings, scoop clip, easy clean kitchen brush, gravy seperator (??), baster & cleaning brush. I think I've sold a TOTAL of 10 of these items.

I don't think I"ve sold ANY of these items...at all!

You guys aren't cross selling the Easy Clean Brush with your Stones?? C'mon ladies!

I think the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush rocks! We use ours all the time (we have four: one under both kitchen sinks, one in the garage, one for cleaning bathrooms)

The stainless steel cleaner is amazing. Since I'm more of an executive cookware-gal, I use it mostly to touch up my stainless steel bowls before shows and to keep my stainless steel flatware looking sparkly. If they discontinue it, I'm stocking up!

I agree with the linens and drink charms.I wouldn't be surprised to see the finger guard, herb keeper, can strainer go either. (The herb keeper and strainer are now readily available elsewhere; PC has to get rid of somethings to make room for the new toys!)

When I show the can strainer, I always sell several. I think it's one of those things that, even if it's available elsewhere, people don't think they need until they see it in action.I would not be sad if they eliminated:
Scoop Clip
Drink Charms
Dots Stemware
Corn Cob Nobs
Corn Butterer (although these last 2 are on my top 50 list... but I haven't sold any in at least a year)
Table linens and napkin rings
Woven Selections (I love mine, but have never sold one except when they were host specials)
cutting board with measure cups
Cut N Seal
Suds Pump
Coating Trays and Tool (I've heard such bad stories here about the trays and tool warping and breaking. I don't even own a set of these - I use "real dishes" when I bread things.)
Pinch Bowls
Creative Cutters
Pie GateI agree with the above that the rectangle stone will probably be redesigned to include handles sometime soon.

Funny, Ann. You just posted a list of my really good sellers. I think a lot of it depends on where you live.

The rectangular stone??? I don't see that, I can't see that being used with handles. I think it's best the way it is. I love mine!! I use that most often when I make pizza and when I make chicken or beef curry I like to make homemad naan bread on it. If they do I might have to buy one or two more.

anything else they do I can't think of anything I want to see go. But we'll just have to wait and see.

DebbieJ said:
You guys aren't cross selling the Easy Clean Brush with your Stones?? C'mon ladies!

That's what I was going to say! I totally sell it with my stones... you can't have a stone without the Easy Clean Brush ... it's the easiest and most effective way to clean your stone! It beats the heck out of the nylon scrapers.

coriatc said:
That's what I was going to say! I totally sell it with my stones... you can't have a stone without the Easy Clean Brush ... it's the easiest and most effective way to clean your stone! It beats the heck out of the nylon scrapers.

ditto that! Love it.

I'm ready for the Cranberry and White linens to go.
I'm not a fan of the Dots, but I don't see them leaving just yet.
The Outdoor items - restyle them and bring them back in new colors next spring.
Cranberry Scrapers - I can't stand that they always look dirty.
Pinch Bowls
Drainer
Stoneware Inspirations cookbook
It's Good for You cookbook

I agree the drink charms are a joke....lol. Has ANYONE sold any?? LOL

scoop clip
creative cutters

I've sold 2 sets of drink charms. That's the one exception to Ann's list being good sellers for me.

could you just imagine the rectangle stone w/ handles?! Why, it would almost be the bar pan! :D

pamperedlinda said:

Same here. I never take them shows anymore...and don't really like having them in my own kitchen...except the shapes are so functional. I would much prefer them in white. (I use the skinny scraper and the really big one a lot)

The table linens
Drink Charms
Stemware would be fine too, though I have sold some of them (and the charms)
Scoop Clip
Jar Opener (or restyle it without the teeth...rubber or something instead)
Sud's Pump (too top-heavy)

pamperedlinda said:
I'm ready for the Cranberry and White linens to go.
I'm not a fan of the Dots, but I don't see them leaving just yet.
The Outdoor items - restyle them and bring them back in new colors next spring.
Pinch Bowls
Drainer
Stoneware Inspirations cookbook
It's Good for You cookbook

Yes to most of this list. (except the Dots - I LOVE the Dots!)

I thought maybe it was just me with the Cranberry Scrapers...I love the shapes, but they need to be white. I took them out of my kit, because I was always embarrassed to show them.

I don't hate the dots, I'm just not a huge fan of them. I do love the shapes of the bowls though.

I don't think I have sold any of the drink charms.

I love my Can Strainer and sell them quite a bit, especially when I make the deliveries to someone at their workplace and one is in the order. I had heard a rumor the older cookbooks (Stoneware Inspirations, All the Best) will go this time. I think it is mainly because we don't sell some of the stones referred to any more. Hopefully they will just re-work the recipes to use what we have now. I'd hate to see the Creative Cutters go. I use them in my KITK shows.

I put this in the new product guesses thread, but it bears repeating here... if there's something you want changed about a current product (or a suggestion for a new one), don't just wait to write it on the suggestion paper at Conference. Go to Consultant's Corner and send it in. HO uses customer/consultant requests, along with market trending and research, to determine which new products to introduce as well as how to better current products. Your note may be the one that shifts the item to the "go ahead" list.There's a link under Managing Your Business > Home Office Contacts, then select New Product Suggestions.

pcchefjane said:
I love my Can Strainer and sell them quite a bit, especially when I make the deliveries to someone at their workplace and one is in the order. I had heard a rumor the older cookbooks (Stoneware Inspirations, All the Best) will go this time. I think it is mainly because we don't sell some of the stones referred to any more. Hopefully they will just re-work the recipes to use what we have now. I'd hate to see the Creative Cutters go. I use them in my KITK shows.

You are referring to the little can strainer, I think. It's the Pot Drainer that wouldn't be missed. I've never been able to work that thing.

I cannot imagine the All The Best cookbook leaving - it's one of my bestsellers!

Just went and checked - I've sold 8 in the last 2 months. As many as Vol. I & II of 29 Minutes!

It is kind of funny to go through older cookbooks and see how many products have been restyled or retired! :)

Stoneware Inspirations is not that old of a cookbook. I've been a consultant for 4 years and it was introduced after I started.

I think the table linens will change, and maybe they will introduce some of the products we already have in new colors.

Maybe restyled chef tongs!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
It's the Pot Drainer that wouldn't be missed. I've never been able to work that thing.

Love my "pot" drainer. I use it all the time for the kids mac n' cheese or smaller things that I want to drain. I use it on sauce pans, put the longer side handle with the sauce pan handle and drain.

Here's what I'd take out:
drink charms
New linen's
suds pump--loved it at first but the pump doesn't come back up when you push it down--totally need to redo it.

adjustable measuring cup--I've broken the bottom off of 2--didn't bother with getting it replaced again.

Finger guard
beaded servers
Pastry blender

flemings99 said:
Love my "pot" drainer. I use it all the time for the kids mac n' cheese or smaller things that I want to drain. I use it on sauce pans, put the longer side handle with the sauce pan handle and drain.

Here's what I'd take out:
drink charms
New linen's
suds pump--loved it at first but the pump doesn't come back up when you push it down--totally need to redo it.

adjustable measuring cup--I've broken the bottom off of 2--didn't bother with getting it replaced again.

Finger guard
beaded servers
Pastry blender

I broke the bottom off of 2 of my measuring cups as well! But, I do love them, if they could find a way for them to lay flat instead of having that piece that breaks off, and when I show it, I sell a ton...now, I havent been able to show it lately due to them being broken, but still...

I agree w/ the finger guard and the drainer.

After going through the catalog, I wouldn't be heartbroken if these went:

linens
wovens
Petite squares
herb keeper
scoop clip-I think it's interesting that they introduced this the same time they d/c'd the coffee/tea
funnels
pinch bowls
splatter screen
meat lifters
crown cake pan
creative cutters
pastry cutter

These are all items that I have sold none or very little of.

I think it looks like they will get rid of all the unglazed stoneware (since they have been decreasing these pieces).

I personally am not a fan of our ice cream scoop (I know many of you are). I have a fabulous Kitchen Aid one with a nice colorful handle, nice and sturdy, and dishwasher safe (I ruined my PC one first time I put it in the dishwasher).

Don't get rid of the turkey baster/brush -- I bought it and it is very, very nice.

chefsteph07 said:
I broke the bottom off of 2 of my measuring cups as well! But, I do love them, if they could find a way for them to lay flat instead of having that piece that breaks off, and when I show it, I sell a ton...now, I havent been able to show it lately due to them being broken, but still...

I agree w/ the finger guard and the drainer.

After going through the catalog, I wouldn't be heartbroken if these went:

linens
wovens
Petite squares
herb keeper
scoop clip-I think it's interesting that they introduced this the same time they d/c'd the coffee/tea
funnels
pinch bowls
splatter screen
meat lifters
crown cake pan
creative cutters
pastry cutter

These are all items that I have sold none or very little of.

I love the funnels and use them all the time. Our meat lifters are the best on the market!!! I always cross sell them with our roasting pan.

I love the dots wine glasses. I get requests for the "crust cutting thingy" (cut n seal) all the time.

But yeah the scoop clip thing is so silly. I bought one b/c I was so excited for it but it is HUGE for a single bag of coffee. LOL

someone suggested Corn Cob Nobs...PLEASE dont get rid of these... I can rarely find them anywhere and when i do they are junk and break before i am done with one ear of corn! really ours are the best and I have several customers that would be brokenharted!

JDooley said:
someone suggested Corn Cob Nobs...PLEASE dont get rid of these... I can rarely find them anywhere and when i do they are junk and break before i am done with one ear of corn! really ours are the best and I have several customers that would be brokenharted!
My issue with the CCNs is not that they're not good, it's that people don't read the use and care. "Loser error," as DH says. :) I've explained to my MIL DOZENS of times in the last several years that they go into the corn BEFORE cooking, and she never does that. Then people end up burning their hands trying to screw the CCNs into hot corn.

I like the CCNs - I just hate removing them from the gnawed-on corn cobs :yuck: even if it was me that ate it.

scoop clip (unless they bring back our coffee that everyone STILL asks for)
grill cleaning brush
BBQ Jumbo turner
all linens
all beaded serving stuff
basil infused oil
just wondering if the cranberry has run it's course yet. No up on my "in" colors!

definitely the linens, the coating trays (or get a better tool to use with it), BBQ basting bottle, egg separator, scoop clip, mini whipper, Nylon tool set (I know many of you like them but I am definitely a chef's tool kinda gal LOL), spoon rest (maybe redesigned to hold two), Loaf pan (had several returned because they broke in half), Parchment paper (You can get this in the grocery store much cheaper), the oven mitts (way to large even for my huge hands and after washing and shrinking they are still to much to handle), and like everyone else a new fundraising program.

jbdowd0798 said:

I sell an Easy Clean Kitchen Brush with every single Fluted Stone I sell...and with about 25% of the flat stones I sell. It's an easy add-on when you look at someone's beautifully manicured hands and realize they'd rather not mess up their mani!

chefann said:
When I show the can strainer, I always sell several. I think it's one of those things that, even if it's available elsewhere, people don't think they need until they see it in action.

I would not be sad if they eliminated:
Scoop Clip
Drink Charms
Dots Stemware
Corn Cob Nobs
Corn Butterer (although these last 2 are on my top 50 list... but I haven't sold any in at least a year)
Table linens and napkin rings
Woven Selections (I love mine, but have never sold one except when they were host specials)
cutting board with measure cups
Cut N Seal
Suds Pump
Coating Trays and Tool (I've heard such bad stories here about the trays and tool warping and breaking. I don't even own a set of these - I use "real dishes" when I bread things.)
Pinch Bowls
Creative Cutters
Pie Gate

I agree with the above that the rectangle stone will probably be redesigned to include handles sometime soon.

You're killing me Ann!!
The items I bolded above are ones I sell like mad!!

I wouldn't think they'd discontinue the cutting board w/ measuring cups since they just made the collapsible strainer that goes in there.

pamperedlinda said:
I like the CCNs - I just hate removing them from the gnawed-on corn cobs :yuck: even if it was me that ate it.

Just twist both at the same time until one comes out. Use that one to hold the gnawed-on cob on the plate while you unscrew the other one. You've just removed them both without touching the icky cob.

dannyzmom said:
You're killing me Ann!!

Which is why no one person makes the decision. HO analyzes the sales trends for the whole company before they cut an item.

egg separator & mini whipper...........no way! everyone I have sold the egg separator to acts as though it is gold & I LOVE the mini whipper for making my 2 cups of hot coco each winter morning!

baychef said:
scoop clip (unless they bring back our coffee that everyone STILL asks for)
grill cleaning brush
BBQ Jumbo turner
all linens
all beaded serving stuff
basil infused oil
just wondering if the cranberry has run it's course yet. No up on my "in" colors!

No way on the grill cleaning brush - had that for three years, use it year round and it still works AWESOME and looks brand new!!

No way on the Jumbo turner, LOVE IT!, used it tonight fror chicken :) Easy fast and BIGGER is better!!
Love the basil blend on vegges and pasta, used it tonight on veggies on the grill :)
I read your post and was like NOOOO! That is some of my favorite stuff! :)

dannyzmom said:
You're killing me Ann!!

Hey Carolyn, how do you sell so many of the stemware?

DebbieJ said:

I have NEVER used the little brown scrapers with my stones, but my Easy Clean Brush. I always cross sell it. I love it. I use my spoon rest, for my brush and have it sitting next to the sink.

<h2>1. What are some common guesses for discontinued products at Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Some common guesses for discontinued products at Pampered Chef include the outdoor tumblers and drink charms.</p><h2>2. Are there any other items that may be discontinued soon?</h2><p>It is difficult to say for sure, but some customers have also speculated that certain kitchen gadgets and seasonal items may be discontinued.</p><h2>3. How can I find out which products are being discontinued?</h2><p>Pampered Chef typically announces discontinued products in their catalogs and on their website. You can also check with your Pampered Chef consultant for the most up-to-date information.</p><h2>4. Can I still purchase discontinued products?</h2><p>Once a product has been discontinued, it will no longer be available for purchase through Pampered Chef. However, you may still be able to find it through third-party sellers or online marketplaces.</p><h2>5. Will there be new products to replace the discontinued ones?</h2><p>Yes, Pampered Chef is constantly updating and refreshing their product line, so there will likely be new products to replace any discontinued ones. Keep an eye out for new releases in their catalogs and on their website.</p>

1. What are some common guesses for discontinued products at Pampered Chef?

Some common guesses for discontinued products at Pampered Chef include the outdoor tumblers and drink charms.

2. Are there any other items that may be discontinued soon?

It is difficult to say for sure, but some customers have also speculated that certain kitchen gadgets and seasonal items may be discontinued.

3. How can I find out which products are being discontinued?

Pampered Chef typically announces discontinued products in their catalogs and on their website. You can also check with your Pampered Chef consultant for the most up-to-date information.

4. Can I still purchase discontinued products?

Once a product has been discontinued, it will no longer be available for purchase through Pampered Chef. However, you may still be able to find it through third-party sellers or online marketplaces.

5. Will there be new products to replace the discontinued ones?

Yes, Pampered Chef is constantly updating and refreshing their product line, so there will likely be new products to replace any discontinued ones. Keep an eye out for new releases in their catalogs and on their website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • DessertDivaFL
  • Products and Tips