• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cabin Fever Sale: Ideas for Successful Vendor Booth Setup?

In summary, a girl was offered the opportunity to set up a booth at a "Cabin Fever" sale at a local middle school, but is hesitant to do so because of her past experiences and how short of noice it is. She has 65 mini S/S catalogs she thought about taking, but doesn't have time this week to go up there and get cattys from her fellow cluster mates. She is the only one who lives so far out from the rest of them and doesn't hand out catalogs. She follows up with people after the booth and is personable, smiles, and asks if people are familiar with PC, do they have a consultant, when was the last time they were at
elizabethfox
Gold Member
I just was offered an oppourtunity to set up a booth at a "Cabin Fever" sale at a local middle school.

Now I have done 2 vendor shows since starting with PC in Oct, and neither have been too successful.

The first one I went to, I got ONE lead and she ended up booking a party, but I lost a bunch of catalogs (40) and spent $25 for my space and a whole day there with no sales, no other bookings. I have contacted the ladies who entered my drawing, but no sales or bookings so far.

The second one I went to I lost just as many catalogs, spent $25 for my space, and a whole day with no sales or bookings either. Come to find out the gal heading up the show SOLD PC so no one was buying from me because most of the people knew her and bought from her. So that was a waste too!

I REALLY would like to do this show, because so far I have NO March bookings except for my spring kickoff show, but I am hesitant to do so, just because of my past experiences and how short of noice it is ( it is this sat.). I can't afford to loose catalogs and waste my whole day at a show if I am not getting anything out of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me??

I have 65 mini S/S catalogs I thought about taking (since they are cheaper) and I also would bring my sample products I got. I would bring order forms( gift certificate ones too) and do a drawing for a free show in March. But I just don't have a lot of money right now, and I can't afford to waste my materials if it isn't going to end up getting me a sale or a booking. I know not everyone is going to book or buy, but NO SALES OR BOOKINGS AT ALL is just crazy!

Ideas anyone??

A girl here uses old catalogs at booths with the sticker on them to go to her website & see the latest products. From time to time at our meetings someone is giving the old catalogs away just to get rid of them.

kaseydee said:
A girl here uses old catalogs at booths with the sticker on them to go to her website & see the latest products. From time to time at our meetings someone is giving the old catalogs away just to get rid of them.

I have absolutely NO f/w catalogs left to use. I only have the new s/s ones and the s/s mini cattys. I got ambushed at the end of this month, and all of my f/w cattys were taken. And my next meeting isn't until AFTER the sale, and it is 1 hour and 30 min away, and I don't have time this week to go up there and get cattys from my fellow cluster mates. I am the only one who lives so far out from the rest of them!

Don't give out catalogs, it's a waste of money. Follow up with everyone after the booth and see what leads you get from there. If they want a catty give them a mini one. Tell them they can find the entire catalog on your website. I usually just give a hosting/recruiting flyer and a recipe card with my info and maybe a special I'm doing. Booths are not generally good for sales, that is what I have heard and experienced.

Take one or two cattys. Lay them out for peopole to browse and shop. Offer for them to fill out the "door prize" slip so you can send them one. Explain that the season just changed and new catalogs are coming out with the week.

DO hand out the following:
business cards
host flyers
recruiting flyers
wedding registry/fundraiser flyers (if you have any)
recipe cards

Make sure all items have your name, phone, and web addy (if you have one)

Good luck

I don't hand out catalogs at fairs unless someone REALLY presses me for one. The minis are fine. I found an all purpose flyer here and hand those out. Or recipe cards.Stand in FRONT or to the side of your booth--do not sit down behind your booth. Be personable, smile, ask if people are familiar with PC, do they have a consultant, when was the last time they were at a party, etc.For me booths aren't about the sales or bookings, they're about the leads. You have to take the time to follow up and keep following up. Good luck!

I argee, Don't give out catalogs. Take their info and tell them you can send them one, That way you will have an excuse to contact them.

Donna McDonalds' CD on booths has some great info, it's on Supply Order. One of the messages in her CD is that she doesn't really do booths to get sales at the event. She uses the booth as an opportunity to meet people and speak with them about the opportunity or hosting.

I did one fair and did not prepare well, so it did not go so well for me, but the CD has given me great insight for the next one, once I decide to brave it again.

Always bring mini catalogs. I only bring one catalog, and it's displayed in a binder. Do you have a prize giveaway? The winner could win a free booking or a PC gift card. How many people are expected to show at this event?

I am doing a botth next month. i did one last year and got $300 in sales and one future show. I brought some old catalogs/mini-catalogs with the cute inserts and 2 new catalogs but they were in a binder so people could view them but would not take them. I gave out recipe cards with my info to everyone and did a drawing to get people to fill out door slips. Big part of booths is be out front and talk to everyone never know. Also keep your booth simple too much is overwhelming for people. good luck

DebbieJ said:
I don't hand out catalogs at fairs unless someone REALLY presses me for one. The minis are fine. I found an all purpose flyer here and hand those out. Or recipe cards.Stand in FRONT or to the side of your booth--do not sit down behind your booth. Be personable, smile, ask if people are familiar with PC, do they have a consultant, when was the last time they were at a party, etc.For me booths aren't about the sales or bookings, they're about the leads. You have to take the time to follow up and keep following up. Good luck!
Hey Debbie, do you remember the name of the flyer you hand out? I am doing a show with my recruiter this weekend, and both of us are concerned about losing catalogs. I have a few old ones I was just going to give out, but a flyer would be even better... Thanks!

1. How can I make my vendor booth stand out during the Cabin Fever Sale?

There are a few ways you can make your booth stand out during the Cabin Fever Sale. First, make sure your booth is visually appealing and well-stocked with products. Consider using colorful tablecloths, signs, and decorations to catch the eye of potential customers. You can also offer samples or demonstrations of your products to draw people in. Additionally, having friendly and engaging staff at your booth can make a big difference in attracting customers.

2. What types of products should I feature at my vendor booth during the Cabin Fever Sale?

The Cabin Fever Sale is a great opportunity to showcase a variety of products from your Pampered Chef collection. However, it's a good idea to focus on seasonal or popular items that are likely to be in demand during the winter months. This could include cozy cooking and baking tools, soup and stew mixes, and products that make meal prep easier during the colder weather.

3. How should I price my products for the Cabin Fever Sale?

Pricing for the Cabin Fever Sale is ultimately up to you, but we recommend offering some discounts or special promotions to entice customers. Consider offering a "buy one, get one half off" deal or bundle products together at a discounted price. You can also offer a limited-time discount for customers who make a purchase at the event. Just be sure to keep your pricing competitive with other vendors at the sale.

4. What should I bring to my vendor booth for the Cabin Fever Sale?

In addition to your products, it's important to bring marketing materials and business cards to hand out to potential customers. You may also want to bring extra supplies such as bags, tissue paper, and labels for packaging purchases. It's also a good idea to have a cash box and plenty of small bills and coins for making change.

5. How can I make sure my booth is organized and efficient during the busy Cabin Fever Sale?

It's important to plan and organize your booth setup before the event to ensure a smooth and efficient experience. Make sure your products are neatly displayed and easy for customers to browse. Consider using signs or labels to clearly mark prices and product information. It's also helpful to have a system in place for handling transactions and keeping track of inventory. And don't forget to have a back-up plan in case you run out of a popular item or need to restock during the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies
Views
Wildfire