• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Italian Cassarole Recipes?

In summary, the recipe calls for diced green pepper, pitted ripe olives, pizza sauce, and garlic pressed with garlic. The cookware required is a Large (12-inch/30 cm) Skillet, Classic Batter Bowl, and Egg Slicer Plus. The casserole can be made on the rectangle stone or in a glass baking dish.
redd3708
I have a Host that wants a main dish....as in an Italian Cassarole type dish. Are there any out there? I am having a hard time finding one. Thanks! :eek:

It isn't exactly a casserole, but there is one for Italian Sausage Calzone which is great. You make it on the rectangle stone. I made it at my last show for the first time and it was a big hit. I also thought about the upside-down lasagna or pasta roll-ups.

Jeanie Gay

What about Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Bake........I did this recipe and did a double batch as she was expecting allot, ended up she had cancellations, but the hubby's had stuck around, so we ended up with nothing left. Showed the cookware and how nice it was to clean up and the hostesses hubby who is TOTALLY against spending $, allowed her to get the big family skillet and lid. She was thrilled.

HTH,
Lisa

(PS, she's also not a fan of peas, so she takes broc. and partially cooks it and throws that in when called for peas and they say it's great)

Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Bake The Pampered Chef®
Stoneware Inspirations Cookbook Page 65
Cubed cooked chicken and refrigerated tortellini make a quick, comforting casserole.
Prep and cook time: 10 minutes Bake time: 5-20 minutes

Pasta Mixture
½ cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 jar (16 oz) white Alfredo pasta sauce
2 pkg (9oz ea) refrigerated cheese-filled regular or spinach tortellini
1 ½ cup cubed cooked chicken
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1 cup frozen peas
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoon snipped fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves

Crumb Topping
¼ cup (1 oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1 cup fresh bread crumbs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400F. For pasta mixture, chop onion using Food Chopper. In Professional (4-qt.) Casserole, heat oil over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in pasta sauce, tortellini, chicken, milk, water, peas and black pepper. Heat until mixture just comes to a boil; remove from heat. Stir basil into pasta mixture.

Meanwhile, for crumb topping, grate Parmesan cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Place butter in Small Micro Cooker; microwave on HIGH 30-45 second or until melted. Stir in bread crumbs and cheese; mix well.

Spoon pasta mixture into Square Baker; sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are bubbly and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per servings: Calories 550, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 110mg, Carbohydrate 54g, Protein 28g, Sodium 1150 mg, Fiber 4 g Diabetic exchanges per serving: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 ½ high-fat meat (3 carb)
Cook’s Tips
Alfredo sauce in a jar can be found in the pasta sauce section of the supermarket. Do not substitute refrigerated Alfredo sauce; it may separate and curdle during baking. Use the Deluxe Cheese Grater fitted with coarse grating drum to quickly grate bread for fresh bread crumbs.To quickly snip basil leaves, stack the leaves and roll them up into a tight cylinder. Using the chef’s Knife, slice the roll crosswise into thin strips. Separate strands and snip them using Kitchen Shears.

pcjeanie said:
It isn't exactly a casserole, but there is one for Italian Sausage Calzone which is great. You make it on the rectangle stone. I made it at my last show for the first time and it was a big hit. I also thought about the upside-down lasagna or pasta roll-ups.

Jeanie Gay

Can I get the recipes for these meals? And the tortellini bake sounds fabulous...but I don't have any of the cookware. :eek:

Here you go!The Pampered Chef ®
Italian Sausage Side-by-Side Calzones
Recipe

1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
1 lb (500 g) hot turkey Italian sausage
1/2 cup (125 mL) diced green pepper
1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted ripe olives, sliced
1 can (213 mL) pizza sauce
1 clove garlic, pressed
2 pkgs (283 g each) refrigerated pizza crust
4 oz (125 g) shredded mozzarella cheese (1 cup/250 mL)
1 tbsp (15 mL) Pantry Basil Oil
1 oz (30 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (¼ cup/50 mL)

Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Remove casings from sausage; discard casings. Cook sausage and onion in Large (12-inch/30 cm) Skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned and no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Drain and set aside.

Dice green pepper using Chef's Knife. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus®. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine sausage mixture, green pepper, olives, pizza sauce and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well.

Lightly flour Rectangle Stone. Unroll one package of pizza crust across baking stone. Gently stretch dough into a 10 x 14-inch/25 x 35 cm rectangle. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over dough to form two lengthwise strips, leaving a 2-inch/5 cm separation down centre and a 1-inch/2.5 cm border around outside edges. Using Large Scoop, scoop filling mixture evenly over both strips of cheese. Unroll second package of pizza crust and carefully place over filling. Match edges of dough around edges; press to seal around edges and down centre.

Using Pizza Cutter, cut down centre of dough to form two strips. Lightly spray dough with basil oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Using Serrated Bread Knife, cut five 2-inch/5 cm slits in each of the calzones to vent. Bake 22-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 10 minutes. Cut calzones into strips and serve warm.

Yield: 24 servings

Per serving: Calories 120, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 390 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Fibre less than 1 g, Protein 7 g

Cook's Tip: To remove casings from sausage, cut a lengthwise slit down one side of each link using the Utility Knife.

Substitute 1 tbsp/15 mL olive oil for the Pantry Basil Oil, if desired.

© The Pampered Chef—CANADA, Ltd.,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!!!
kcjodih said:
The Pampered Chef ®
Italian Sausage Side-by-Side Calzones
Recipe

1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
1 lb (500 g) hot turkey Italian sausage
1/2 cup (125 mL) diced green pepper
1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted ripe olives, sliced
1 can (213 mL) pizza sauce
1 clove garlic, pressed
2 pkgs (283 g each) refrigerated pizza crust
4 oz (125 g) shredded mozzarella cheese (1 cup/250 mL)
1 tbsp (15 mL) Pantry Basil Oil
1 oz (30 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (¼ cup/50 mL)

Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Remove casings from sausage; discard casings. Cook sausage and onion in Large (12-inch/30 cm) Skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned and no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Drain and set aside.

Dice green pepper using Chef's Knife. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus®. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine sausage mixture, green pepper, olives, pizza sauce and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well.

Lightly flour Rectangle Stone. Unroll one package of pizza crust across baking stone. Gently stretch dough into a 10 x 14-inch/25 x 35 cm rectangle. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over dough to form two lengthwise strips, leaving a 2-inch/5 cm separation down centre and a 1-inch/2.5 cm border around outside edges. Using Large Scoop, scoop filling mixture evenly over both strips of cheese. Unroll second package of pizza crust and carefully place over filling. Match edges of dough around edges; press to seal around edges and down centre.

Using Pizza Cutter, cut down centre of dough to form two strips. Lightly spray dough with basil oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Using Serrated Bread Knife, cut five 2-inch/5 cm slits in each of the calzones to vent. Bake 22-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 10 minutes. Cut calzones into strips and serve warm.

Yield: 24 servings

Per serving: Calories 120, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 390 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Fibre less than 1 g, Protein 7 g

Cook's Tip: To remove casings from sausage, cut a lengthwise slit down one side of each link using the Utility Knife.

Substitute 1 tbsp/15 mL olive oil for the Pantry Basil Oil, if desired.

© The Pampered Chef—CANADA, Ltd.,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it! But I do have one question....is there a substitute for the pantry basil oil?

Just use olive oil in place of the basil oil. ;)

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I have a delicious Italian Casserole recipe that I think your host will love! It's called "Baked Ziti Casserole" and it's a crowd-pleasing dish that is perfect for a main course. Here's the recipe:Ingredients:
- 1 pound ziti pasta
- 1 jar (24 ounces) of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheeseInstructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Cook the ziti pasta according to package instructions, but only for about 7 minutes (it will finish cooking in the oven).
3. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Add in the diced onion, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Cook until the onion is softened and the beef is fully cooked.
4. Stir in the jar of marinara sauce and diced tomatoes. Let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, spread a layer of the meat sauce on the bottom. Then add a layer of the partially cooked ziti pasta on top. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
6. Repeat layers until all of the ingredients are used up, ending with a layer of cheese on top.
7. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese before serving.I hope your host enjoys this delicious Italian Casserole! Let me know if you have any questions or if you need any additional recipes. Happy cooking! :)

1. What ingredients are typically used in an Italian casserole?

Italian casseroles often feature ingredients such as pasta, tomato sauce, Italian herbs, cheese, and various types of meat such as sausage, chicken, or ground beef.

2. Can I make an Italian casserole in advance and reheat it?

Yes, most Italian casserole recipes can be made ahead of time and reheated in the oven or microwave. This can be a great time-saving option for busy weeknights.

3. Can I substitute gluten-free or dairy-free ingredients in an Italian casserole?

Yes, you can usually substitute gluten-free pasta or dairy-free cheese in Italian casserole recipes. Just be sure to read the recipe carefully and make any necessary adjustments for cooking times and temperatures.

4. How do I prevent my Italian casserole from becoming too dry?

To prevent your Italian casserole from becoming too dry, make sure to use enough sauce and consider covering the casserole with foil during the first part of the baking time. You can also add a little extra liquid, such as chicken broth or wine, to keep the casserole moist.

5. Can I add vegetables to an Italian casserole?

Yes, you can definitely add vegetables to an Italian casserole to make it more nutritious and flavorful. Some popular options include bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, and spinach. Just be sure to sauté or cook the vegetables before adding them to the casserole.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • kdangel518