• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking with a Medium Stone on a Large Pan

In summary, the recipe calls for whole ripe olives, but if someone doesn't have the egg slicer, they can use the food chopper to chop the olives.
deanna_g
Has anyone made this on the large bar pan? I have a medium round stone, but not the large one. And I want to make this this weekend for a show.

Yes, it works perfect!

That's the only way I make it since I don't have the new large round stone, only the old flat one! It does work out just fine that way!

This is a great interactive recipe! The last one I did, the guests had a ball using the egg slicer plus for the olives...sold 6 of em cuz they didnt know they could use it for that! Even the girls who said they weren't gonna cook, got up and kept asking me what else they could play with?!?!! It was around an $800 show!

Yay! I have to get an egg slicer. Doh! Totally forgot about that. Although, I guess for the couple shows I have before I can get it in, I can just slice the olives with a knife, huh?

deanna_g said:
Yay! I have to get an egg slicer. Doh! Totally forgot about that. Although, I guess for the couple shows I have before I can get it in, I can just slice the olives with a knife, huh?

I just buy the already sliced olives in a can. They're right next to the green chilies in a can. I actually haven't ever bought whole olives. :blushing:

Well, my hosts have the recipe that calls for the whole ripe olives. But maybe they haven't gone shopping yet. (-:

deanna_g said:

I would cut myself like crazy if I tried to cut olives by hand. Just toss them under the food chopper and give it a couple taps.

Yes, if someone buys the regular black olives & you don't have the egg slicer plus I'd use the food chopper. Those are too small to use a knife.

Definitely TALK about the egg slicer while you're chopping or cutting the olives, though.

Oh, I have some mad knife skills. I think nothing of taking a knife to smaller things like olives. However, I just discovered my mom does have the egg slicer, so I'll be borrowing her's until I get mine this month. (-:

1. Can I use a medium stone on a large pan for baking?

Yes, you can use a medium stone on a large pan for baking. The medium stone will distribute heat evenly and prevent burning on the bottom of your baked goods.

2. Do I need to preheat the stone before placing it on the large pan?

Yes, it is important to preheat the medium stone before placing it on the large pan. This will ensure that the stone is evenly heated and will help with the baking process.

3. How do I clean the medium stone after baking on a large pan?

You can clean the medium stone by scraping off any excess food with a scraper or spatula. Then, use warm water and a gentle scrub brush to remove any remaining residue. Avoid using soap, as it can seep into the porous stone and affect the taste of your future baked goods.

4. Can I use the medium stone on a large pan for roasting vegetables?

Yes, the medium stone is versatile and can be used for roasting vegetables on a large pan. Just make sure to preheat the stone and toss the vegetables in oil before placing them on the stone.

5. How do I store the medium stone when not in use on the large pan?

The medium stone should be stored in a cool, dry place. Avoid storing it in a hot oven or near any heat source. You can also store it in the freezer to help prevent any potential cracking from moisture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • jeninthekitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg