• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suspicious Request: Kate Collinson's Purchasing Request

In summary, a person named Kate Collinson contacted the speaker expressing interest in purchasing products and preferred to communicate in English. The speaker attempted to reach her but received a suspicious email in return, asking for personal information and mentioning paper payments. The speaker suspects it is a scam and plans to report it.
Ginger428
Gold Member
Looks like another scam going around....

Name: Kate Collinson
E-mail: [email protected]
Day Phone: (304) 365-7236
Evening Phone: (304) 365-7236
Address: no information entered - no information entered
City: no information entered
State: no information entered
Zip: no information entered
Language Preference English

This person is interested in the following matters:

Purchasing Products.

When is the best time to contact you? Morning
Refer: Purchasing Products
Comments or Message: Hi,
Hope you well ok,i want t order some product from you.Kindly please get back to me asap.

So I call her back & get a message, then I email her & get this reply.....

Hello,
Am glad to read back from you,just a little information about me,my name is Kate Collinson.Am a caterers and food service professionals,my company have prefer to order some product on line but for now all the purchases in our company are done with paper payment so i would love you to place the order for me.Below are the list of items needed....

#2307 Petite Bamboo Spoon Set............................................... .................................................( 3)
#2419 French Fry Cutter............................................ .................................................. .......................(4)
#1585 Decorator Bottle Set .................................................. .................................................. ..........(5)

I would need to know the total of all the products i requested for and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also a phone number i can reach you on.After you send me this information the Manager of our company will mail you a check for the payment,which you can cash instantly at your bank because we need these items,before the date of the event and they will be picked up at your location upon my arrival

Hope to hearing back from you as soon as possible.

For Payment, Get back with the below details

1- Name to be written on the certified check
2- Mailing address , No p.o.box
3- Phone Number
4- City
5- Zip Code
6- State

Thank you and enjoy your day and how much sales tax to charge? And when is The next order date

Thanks,
Kate

Report it, send the email on to PC, then delete. This is definitely one of those scams. They are pretty easy to spot.

BethCooks4U said:
Report it, send the email on to PC, then delete. This is definitely one of those scams. They are pretty easy to spot.

yes, the "preferred language - english" is a big red flag once you read the email!

And it sounds alot like another one someone had posted in the other thread discussing those scams. :grumpy:

its already been signed, sealed & delivered to HO ;)

1. What is the purchasing request for?

The purchasing request is for products from Pampered Chef's catalog, specifically for items listed under Kate Collinson's name.

2. Who is Kate Collinson?

Kate Collinson is a customer of Pampered Chef who has submitted a purchasing request for products from our catalog.

3. How do I know if the request is suspicious?

There are certain red flags to look out for, such as unusual quantities or a request for high-priced items. Also, if the request is from a customer you do not recognize, it's best to verify their identity before fulfilling the order.

4. What should I do if I receive a suspicious request?

If you receive a suspicious request, you should contact your supervisor or the appropriate department for further guidance. It's important to take caution when fulfilling orders to protect both the company and our customers.

5. Can I decline a suspicious request?

Yes, if you have reason to believe that a request is suspicious, it is within your right to decline the order. However, it's important to handle the situation professionally and to inform your supervisor of the declined request.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
katem51
  • Ginger428
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • Intrepid_Chef