• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preheat Oven with Pizza Stone for Faster Cooking

I've never heard that before.If your food doesn't drip onto the stone, then you don't need to preheat it. However, if your food does drip onto the stone, you should preheat it before using it.
Symara
Gold Member
I was just reading his cookbook and he says to place a pizza stone in the oven while it's heating up on the lower rack. When it heats up and you open the oven and put your item in, the pizza stone will help it warm up to the right temperature quicker.

You don't do this with the PC stones. The ones he is talking about are different from ours.

Don't do this with frozen pizza's - you will crack your PC stone!!!

I've heard you shouldn't pre heat your stone even if you're cooking non frozen stuff, because of possible thermal shock

Symara said:
I was just reading his cookbook and he says to place a pizza stone in the oven while it's heating up on the lower rack. When it heats up and you open the oven and put your item in, the pizza stone will help it warm up to the right temperature quicker.

In his pizza episode (one of his firsts) he says he bought the stone at a local flooring store for $0.99!

If I saved the episode I'll let you iknow what the stone was made out of. But it might be a while before I get to that.

Just don't use our stones for that.

Best rule of thumb...if it doesn't come from HO, it is not necessarily reliable. It's different if you are getting info here specifically about our products from other Consultants, especially some of those that have been in the biz a long time. Don't take "outside sources" for recommendations from non-consultants!

sorry i just now got back to this.

He is not talking about using the stone to bake, just as a temp regulator, you do not put anything on the stone.

Keep it in the bottom and put the dish you are baking with on the middle rack.

With the recent ice storm here a lady said she took her's and put it on the grill to heat it up and used it to keep their bed warm while the electricity was out for 17 day. She ordered another one so they'd have two for if it happens again!

Symara said:
sorry i just now got back to this.

He is not talking about using the stone to bake, just as a temp regulator, you do not put anything on the stone.

Keep it in the bottom and put the dish you are baking with on the middle rack.

With the recent ice storm here a lady said she took her's and put it on the grill to heat it up and used it to keep their bed warm while the electricity was out for 17 day. She ordered another one so they'd have two for if it happens again!

What a great tip!!!

Of course it doesn't really apply here in AZ - but ...

This seems to directly contradict what I'd heard from a previous consultant about the Pampered Chef Stones -- they used to recommend keeping the stone in the oven. But too many were breaking (from thermal shock?) when they accidentally came in contact with the other food being put into the oven. So they stopped recommending it.

vonfirmath said:
This seems to directly contradict what I'd heard from a previous consultant about the Pampered Chef Stones -- they used to recommend keeping the stone in the oven. But too many were breaking (from thermal shock?) when they accidentally came in contact with the other food being put into the oven. So they stopped recommending it.

I guess it may depend upon if your food my drip onto the stone or not...????

1. How do I properly preheat my oven with a pizza stone?

To preheat your oven with a pizza stone, place the stone on the middle rack of your oven and preheat it to the desired temperature. It is important to preheat the stone for at least 30 minutes before placing your pizza on it to ensure even heat distribution and a crispy crust.

2. Can I preheat my pizza stone while the oven is heating up?

No, it is not recommended to preheat your pizza stone while the oven is heating up. This can cause the stone to heat up too quickly and potentially crack. It is best to preheat the stone along with the oven to ensure it reaches the desired temperature gradually.

3. How does preheating a pizza stone help with faster cooking?

Preheating a pizza stone helps with faster cooking by evenly distributing heat throughout the stone, which then transfers to the pizza crust. This results in a crispier crust and a shorter cooking time compared to cooking the pizza on a regular baking sheet.

4. Do I need to preheat my pizza stone for other types of dishes besides pizza?

Yes, preheating your pizza stone is recommended for other types of dishes as well. The stone can be used to cook bread, cookies, and even vegetables. Preheating the stone ensures that these dishes cook evenly and have a crispy texture.

5. Can I leave my pizza stone in the oven all the time?

It is not recommended to leave your pizza stone in the oven all the time. The constant exposure to heat and temperature changes can cause the stone to crack or break. It is best to remove the stone from the oven after each use and allow it to cool down before storing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
JAE
  • Jillmami
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Maragib
  • DebPC