• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Alaskan King Crab Legs - Recipe Ideas?

In summary, the speaker was able to purchase 4 lbs of Alaskan King Crab Legs for a great price and has been enjoying them with different recipes. They plan to make a special dinner for their mom in April and are looking for more recipe ideas. Additionally, a fellow Pampered Chef consultant shared a recipe for crab stuffed mushrooms.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Well, before Christmas, our food service manager found out she was able to get some Alaskan King Crab Legs for $7.50/lb. I never get treats like that and my family (expect me and my 3 year old) don't eat seafood. So, I ordered 4 lbs.

I just got them yesterday - YUM!

So far, I boiled a few and ate them with garlic butter, then today for a snack I boiled a few more and ate them with cream cheese, ****tail sauce and crackers (like the shrimp appetizer).

When my mom comes to visit in April, I want to make a nice dinner for her (steak in the freezer from a farm raised cow and some of these crab legs).

Anyone with some really good recipes for me to try with her (unless of course I eat them all first!)??? No seriously, I'll refrain, my mom deserves a nice dinner - Dad died a year ago and she has never treated herself nor has anyone to take her out...

Thanks - printing that out - I figured the "Alaskan" consultants would have some good recipes! :)

I just steam them and then drench them in butter...sorry not very helpful.

Hello! As a fellow pampered chef consultant, I am so excited to hear that you were able to get your hands on some Alaskan King Crab Legs for such a great price! It's always a treat to have a special ingredient to work with in the kitchen.For your upcoming dinner with your mom, I have a delicious and simple recipe for crab stuffed mushrooms that I think she will love. Here's what you'll need:- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked crab meat
- 24 large button mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).2. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, green onions, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper.3. Gently fold in the crab meat until well combined.4. Arrange the mushroom caps on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter.5. Fill each mushroom cap with the crab mixture and sprinkle with bread crumbs.6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the filling is golden and bubbly.This recipe is always a hit and can be easily doubled or tripled if needed. I hope you and your mom enjoy this special meal together. Happy cooking!

1. How do I cook Alaskan King Crab Legs?

There are several ways to cook Alaskan King Crab Legs, but the most common method is to steam or boil them. To steam, place the crab legs in a steamer basket over boiling water and steam for about 6-8 minutes. To boil, add the crab legs to a pot of boiling water and cook for 4-6 minutes. You can also grill, bake, or broil the crab legs for a different flavor.

2. What are some recipe ideas for Alaskan King Crab Legs?

Alaskan King Crab Legs are delicious on their own, but you can also incorporate them into various recipes. Some popular ideas include crab cakes, crab bisque, crab dip, and crab salad. You can also add them to pasta dishes, stir-fries, or as a topping for a seafood pizza.

3. How do I know if Alaskan King Crab Legs are cooked?

Alaskan King Crab Legs are fully cooked when the meat is white and opaque. You can also check by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the leg – it should read 145°F. Overcooking can make the meat tough and rubbery, so be careful not to cook them for too long.

4. Can I reheat Alaskan King Crab Legs?

Yes, you can reheat Alaskan King Crab Legs. The best way is to steam them for 3-4 minutes or microwave them for 1-2 minutes. You can also reheat them on the grill or in the oven, but be careful not to overcook them as they are already fully cooked.

5. How do I remove the meat from Alaskan King Crab Legs?

To remove the meat from Alaskan King Crab Legs, start by breaking off the claws and using a crab cracker to crack them open. Use a small fork or pick to remove the meat from the claws. Then, use kitchen shears or a knife to cut along the length of the leg and remove the meat. You can also use a fork or pick to remove any remaining meat from the legs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kam
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • wycohibito