• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Save on Airfare: $150 Roundtrip to Chicago from Philly - Book Now!

In summary, the article says to purchase airfare online at 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday morning in order to get the best deals.
pcsharon1
Gold Member
Just checked expedia and roundtrip to Chicago for conference is $150 from Philly. Should I wait and hope it goes lower :)

I probably wouldn't, but that's me. I'm in NC, and we're flying my in-laws out next month from Chicago. Usually, tickets run $250+ per person, but right now, they are $140 per person!! I was shocked (and very happy!). So with summer season coming, I don't know if I'd trust the prices to go lower. I'd expect they'd go higher because of the increased travel season. Who knows what funky game the airlines will play.

That is GREAT for a trip roundtrip from Philly to Chicago - jump on it!

Have you used that airport before? I've had several bad experiences there, so I'll just warn you....go super, super early. We were there 2 hours before our flight, checked in, and then it was the enormous line for security that made us late. They closed the doors and almost wouldn't let us board the plane! It was a nightmare. They only had 2 security lines for the whole terminal! And this is a really busy airport. We've had other bad experiences there so we avoid it like the plague, if at all possible. I would rather pay a little more and use a different airport than go there again.

PHL is notorious for being horrible. I always get there 2 hours early. Anyone who is from this area and flies out of that airport knows the nightmares well!! :( Unfortunately, it's the closest (20 min), so it wins. It also depends on when you're flying out, too. If you have an early am flight, chances are, there are going to be a lot of people there.

I got $237 from Baltimore roundtrip to Midway, Chicago...Bwi is an easy airport to use Also no baggage fees that is a good thing...

I heard that airfare is only going to go down especially in the peak summer months...like July!! I'm going to wait a little longer and see what happens!! Hopefully it'll get cheaper! If you book with Southwest and the flight gets cheaper..they will credit you with miles. It might be worth it to do that!!

I read an article this weekend that said the best time to purchase airfare online is 12:01 Wednesday morning. Something about tickets reserved but not purchased on Monday, and the reservation is only good for 24 hours, so the airlines suddenly have alot of empty seats.

Keep in mind, this is one minute after midnight in the time zone of the head office of the airline, not necessarily your time zone!

esavvymom said:
I probably wouldn't, but that's me. I'm in NC, and we're flying my in-laws out next month from Chicago. Usually, tickets run $250+ per person, but right now, they are $140 per person!! I was shocked (and very happy!). So with summer season coming, I don't know if I'd trust the prices to go lower. I'd expect they'd go higher because of the increased travel season. Who knows what funky game the airlines will play.

I just looked and from NC to Chicago in July is $250. Where did you see the $150?

Which airport... Midway or Ohare?

I've used both and one isn't any easier than the other as far as I'm concerned. I don't really care which I fly into - Midway is smaller so a little less walking maybe?

I live in Chicago and prefer MDW hands down.

1. What does "Airfare Is Down" mean?

The phrase "Airfare Is Down" means that the cost of flight tickets has decreased compared to previous prices. It indicates that travelers can expect to pay less for their flights.

2. Why is airfare down?

There are a few reasons why airfare may be down. One reason could be a decrease in demand for flights, which can happen during certain times of the year or during global events. Another reason could be increased competition among airlines, leading to lower prices to attract more customers.

3. How do I find the best deals on airfare?

To find the best deals on airfare, it's important to compare prices from different airlines and different travel websites. You can also sign up for email alerts from airlines or use a travel search engine to find the lowest prices. Being flexible with your travel dates and destinations can also help you find better deals.

4. Are there any risks with booking discounted airfare?

While discounted airfare can save you money, there may be some risks involved. Sometimes, budget airlines may have hidden fees or restrictions that can end up costing you more in the long run. It's important to carefully read the terms and conditions before booking and make sure you understand what is included in the price.

5. What happens if I need to change or cancel my flight with discounted airfare?

Most discounted airfare tickets are non-refundable, meaning you will not get your money back if you need to cancel your flight. However, some airlines may allow you to change your flight for a fee. It's important to check the airline's policy before booking and consider purchasing travel insurance for added protection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Flamingo
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CAmomCookin4U
Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • ChefLisa
  • General Chat
Replies