• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advertising With Real Estate Agents

In summary, the former real estate agent thinks it's a great idea to offer agents the ability to purchase "closing gifts" from you.
Please send me the editable version! Thank you so much! This is a wonderful idea!! Jill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a copy of the letter that you sent to the realitors? If so could you send me a copy? [email protected]

Hey Vera! I don't have a copy yet, haven't written it. On my list of to-dos :)

Please send me the editable version! Thank you! [email protected]
sorry got one thanks so much!!

Last edited:
EmilyStraw said:
Okay, I think I came up with a good flyer. If you have publisher I can send you the editable version. I also uploaded the pictures in .jpg format.
Can you post the editable version? Please and thank you! :) I do have MS Publisher 2007.

Emily can you email me a copy if this flyer? It is awesome! I do not have publisher, I have Word though, not sure if it will be compatible?. [email protected] :chef:

Emily- Thank you so much for this flyer. I have been racking my brain to come up with a flyer to get to the housing developments in the area. THIS IS PERFECT!

I hate to ask and bug you, but can you send me the flyer with the order form in publisher? my email address is [email protected] Thank you soooo much for sharing!

on Emily's Pdf file you can add a signature so all you have to do is Stamp or create a signature and scan it into your comp as a jpeg then you can easily insert it onto the document.

Nevermind, I found the link for the one with both pages! Thanks again for doing this and sharing!

That flyer looks great and I love the idea but could I get an editable copy of the flyer please? [email protected]

Thanks!!!
Jerri

Last edited:
Well, I did it! Yesterday I "pampered' 5 realtor offices and was able to distribute information to 50+ realtors in my area. I brought them cheesecake with blueberry lemon sauce drizzled over the top of it and got lots of information to follow up on. Crossing my fingers it leads to some business!

EmilyStraw said:
Well, I did it! Yesterday I "pampered' 5 realtor offices and was able to distribute information to 50+ realtors in my area. I brought them cheesecake with blueberry lemon sauce drizzled over the top of it and got lots of information to follow up on. Crossing my fingers it leads to some business!

Did you just show up at the realtor office with food and information? or was your visit pre-planned? I am preparing to contact a couple realtor offices myself.

I would love to hear how this is working out for you.

My first realtor called me today! She only ordered the Itty Bitty Bevs Cucumber Mojito Drink Mix, but she is booking a show and she LOVED my story and is very excited!

EmilyStraw said:
My first realtor called me today! She only ordered the Itty Bitty Bevs Cucumber Mojito Drink Mix, but she is booking a show and she LOVED my story and is very excited!

your story? Did you get to meet with her when you were there? or did you do a cover letter?

I want to do this and deciding how much to leave brochures and when is the best time to stop? I think I am going to have the sheets printed out since the ink usage would be massive, but I live the form you did!

I visited 5 realtor offices in my hometown and brought them each a few pieces of cheesecake with the Blueberry Lemon sauce drizzled over it. I went on a Wednesday afternoon, and most of the realtors were not in the offices at that time. I left the secretaries with the cheesecakes, catalogs, business cards, and the flyers. (PS - I get all of my printouts made by Office Depot online and they deliver to my door!).

EmilyStraw said:
I visited 5 realtor offices in my hometown and brought them each a few pieces of cheesecake with the Blueberry Lemon sauce drizzled over it. I went on a Wednesday afternoon, and most of the realtors were not in the offices at that time. I left the secretaries with the cheesecakes, catalogs, business cards, and the flyers. (PS - I get all of my printouts made by Office Depot online and they deliver to my door!).

I plan to use office depot too thank you

Did you make up packets or just give them a folder full of info? and roughly how much would you say you left at each office?

I left 3-4 catalogs at each place and several fliers since some of the offices had 40+ realtors that work there. You can choose to leave one for each realtor (they all have mailboxes) or just leave a few (I left 7-8) to be left in the workroom.

Any updates on your work with the realtors???

Excellent! I had a realtor approach me at a home show over the weekend about what we can do for them like at open houses and such and I wasn't sure what to tell him. I took his card and this might work better.

Emily- Thank you for all of the hard work.

How did you create the pictures? I wanted to add one more option, but I can't figure out how you made the pictures look so good.

Emily ~ May I have the Publisher version to edit... Thanks much!

Thank you for sharing! A friend just bought a home and the realtor gave her some beautiful, large wind chimes for their deck. It didn't even occur to me that gifts might be given out. Fabulous!

I love this idea, especially having extra catalogs at the end of a season. Has anyone had much luck with this? Thanks!

Here's a flyer for real estate agents. I used this at a couple open houses with good results.

Attachments

• Real_Estate_Agent_Gift_Sets_and_Ideas[1] (1).doc
    89.5 KB · Views: 874
OK, I simply LOVE this idea! After speaking with some local realtors in MY area, however, they aren't even doing closing gifts right now due to the economy and the market being so poor. I am going to try to come up with some ideas for some packages at lower price points to entice them for this weak market. I will also give them the other flyer for when things pick back up. :)

chefliz said:
OK, I simply LOVE this idea! After speaking with some local realtors in MY area, however, they aren't even doing closing gifts right now due to the economy and the market being so poor. I am going to try to come up with some ideas for some packages at lower price points to entice them for this weak market. I will also give them the other flyer for when things pick back up. :)

Cheapskates! That is when they SHOULD! ;) Not talking about spending a fortune...just a "thank you for actually buying a house now!"

esavvymom said:
Cheapskates! That is when they SHOULD! ;) Not talking about spending a fortune...just a "thank you for actually buying a house now!"

:yuck: Yes, I agree! I did talk to my realtor who has since become a good friend and she said the price points selected are fine. Deliver those fliers and let the agents decide for themselves. Often times, they may be selective about when they choose to give a gift...you know, maybe not on a 40,000 home but on a 150,000 home, yes. BUT, let them decide.

I actually just left some catalogs with my realtor (we're buying a house, closing on Monday), apparently the have a few orders waiting for me :) The head realtor suggested them doing a open house for one of the houses their selling and me having a display/run a party during it. Once all of our stuff gets here I'm definitely going to start planning it!

For the last several posts who asked it be emailed, The files were posted IN the thread. You can download them, whatever was available. Just read back through the thread. i think on page 3.

abigailhutch said:
Hey guys!
I love the idea of hitting up realtors in town w/this flyer!
I don't have publisher or a way to edit pdf files, so I put it into Word!
Wanted to share it with all of you that have been asking for it!
Enjoy!

Thanks so much for doing this! I love it - great way to tap into some business.

Just wanted to ask 2 quick questions. Is it possible to change the Season's Best to the new one? And also, are these prices still the same after the price hike announced at launch (I would check this myself, but I don't have my catalog! :blushing:)

This is a wonderful idea. Some thoughts/questions..

If the new home buyer has a problem with an item, do you have them contact you? Do you give them the receipt? How do you deal with warranty issues?

For those who offer gift wrapping, I assume you are having the items come to your home as a show and then you wrap. Do you unbox the items and wrap in cellophane for a pretty presentation? Or wrap the items all boxed up (less pretty but maybe better for the recipient)?

Any thoughts on having the stuff come to you to gift wrap, vs. having it sent right to the real estate office? I am thinking gift wrap is lovely but then I have to deliver the items or the agent is coming to my home, which may be a bit annoying on one end or the other.

Thanks in advance for advice on these questions!

I am really hoping someone can help me with these questions, I would love to start doing this this weekend! :)

Also, one more question- Do you send catalogs to the agents, or just the little flyer about the packages?

I have not done this (yet- want to, just haven't taken the time), but I think I would offer as part of the service, the option for me to wrap the item for them- either as a gift, or with the cellophane for "baskets". I would send the agent a flyer and a catalog probably. Maybe give them the flyer and also say, "Of course, you can create your own personalized gift!" or something.....For warranty issues...that I'm not sure about. Maybe you could include a note or a Season's Best in the basket that tells the recipient that if they have any issues with a product, they can reach you at....then your info. This may be where having the orders ship to YOU for wrapping would be beneficial.
Otherwise, depending on the items, and if the agent doesn't want your info included, maybe they just don't get a warranty really. It's not like they'd be able to call up HO and say "hey, I have this product given to me as a gift." And giving them a receipt wouldn't work- because a realtor probably wouldn't want the PRICE shown of the gift, etc. Could be tricky. If we could print GIFT RECEIPTS, that would be ideal, but to my knowledge, that is not possible.Hopefully someone else gives some ideas that they have put into practice.

Bobbi thank you for your feedback. I think having it shipped to me would be ideal actually as you suggested, then I can include the warranty and contact info, etc. Then I give the new home buyer an option to contact me for more goodies :)If I wrap the stuff up nicely, I wonder what to do with the boxes though. Do you think people would want to keep them??

I just made my first connection in this area. A friend of a friend who is an agent has invited me to one of their weekly sales meetings so that I can explain my idea. Here's my general plan:

-Have an informational sheet handy for each agent. On it will be information about 3 different packages at 3 different price points $50, $75,$100 (idea grabbed here on ChefSuccess)

-On the sheet I will point out that when $150 worth of packages are ordered at one time, the agent will receive free $$ to go towards more packages or towards products for their own kitchen.

-As a thank you for inviting me to their meeting, I am going to make those new Caramel Mousse cups from SB

-I would come to this meeting ready with one package already created. I thought that I would keep the products in the box and put in one large PC plastic bag. On the front, I would staple a cute card that says "Welcome Home! Thank you for your business from 'realtor name.' I would also attach their business card. (if a PC plastic bag isn't big enough, I would just get a bigger gift bag from target or whatever)

-Inside the bag, I would add a catalog with flyers about hosting a show and how to contact me in case they want to book a show or have product questions/warranty issues.

I love the idea of the sales meeting. Also I like the idea about just putting the stuff in a PC bag and a thank you card. Do you think the realtors mind that you put your info in? I would think they would totally understand since they are forever sending calendars and magnets to everyone :)

msmileyface said:
I love the idea of the sales meeting. Also I like the idea about just putting the stuff in a PC bag and a thank you card. Do you think the realtors mind that you put your info in? I would think they would totally understand since they are forever sending calendars and magnets to everyone :)

I wasn't even going to ask if they mind. I was just going to say it matter-of-factly. I don't want to give them the idea that maybe they DON'T want my info in there!! And I thought exactly the same thought - Realtors are just as shameless :) They are entrepreneurs, just like us, so they might think "of course she'd put her info there."

it is not like you are competition for the realtor! If they say something, just let them know you are offering it as good customer service, should they have problems or questions about their new products.

haha, love it.. thanks :) I would love to share my experience with this as I move forward, please let me know how it's going for you too!

I will definitely share with the group if I get any more traction. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

<h2>What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Advertising With Real Estate Agents Hey"</h2><p>The five most frequently asked questions about "Advertising With Real Estate Agents Hey" are:</p><ol><li>What packages do you offer for advertising with real estate agents?</li><li>How does advertising with real estate agents benefit my business?</li><li>Do you offer any special promotions or deals for real estate agents?</li><li>Can I target specific real estate agents with my advertising materials?</li><li>What are the potential results from advertising with real estate agents?</li></ol>

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Advertising With Real Estate Agents Hey"

The five most frequently asked questions about "Advertising With Real Estate Agents Hey" are:

1. What packages do you offer for advertising with real estate agents?
  2. How does advertising with real estate agents benefit my business?
  3. Do you offer any special promotions or deals for real estate agents?
  4. Can I target specific real estate agents with my advertising materials?
  5. What are the potential results from advertising with real estate agents?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pamperedchef Marianne
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
natural
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies