• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advertising in Your Neighborhood

You can buy one of these:(http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003REH4T6/?tag=pfamazon01-20), hang it on your back window next to the Merrill logo, and let your car advertise everywhere you go including your neighbors and their guests ... 365 days a year. ;)And don't spend too much money on whatever you DO put in the box. Most will pitch it.
TheFreddiesCook
I was wondering if it's appropriate to let people in my neighborhood know that I am a PC consultant by putting mini-catalogs in their mailboxes with some info about booking a show, etc. Has anyone done this ? What else can I do? Thanks!

It's illegal to put things in mail boxes unless it's stamped and sent through the PO. Just note that this kind of action puts the ball in their court and post of the time they aren't going to contact you. You would be better off going door to door and talking to them for a little bit, trying to get information from them (offer a drawing) and then following up.

Is it illegal in Canada too??

richardson3 said:
Is it illegal in Canada too??

Not sure.

I do have to say that yesterday I noticed our landlord going down the street putting stuff in people's mailboxes. I was wondering what was going on and why he was too lazy to just put notices on our door. Today I get the mail and it's our RENT payment not even in an envelope! Just laying there open for anybody to see if they decided to open our mail box. I think I might call the PO on Monday and let them know. I don't want to have my rent statement just laying there. It's part of doing your business, you STAMP and MAIL our statements or bring them to our door.

wadesgirl said:
Not sure.

I do have to say that yesterday I noticed our landlord going down the street putting stuff in people's mailboxes. I was wondering what was going on and why he was too lazy to just put notices on our door. Today I get the mail and it's our RENT payment not even in an envelope! Just laying there open for anybody to see if they decided to open our mail box. I think I might call the PO on Monday and let them know. I don't want to have my rent statement just laying there. It's part of doing your business, you STAMP and MAIL our statements or bring them to our door.

What a passive-agressive cheapskate!

ChefPeg said:
What a passive-agressive cheapskate!

This is the third landlord we've had since we moved here 7 years ago and this one is the worst!!

I'm doing that very thing this week - except I'm putting them on their front doors. I have some mini catalogs, a note from me and plastic bags that hang on the doors.

I get flyers and such all the time stuck in my door handle so as long as it isn't on the mailbox you are golden :)

We have a neighborhood newsletter that I have my name and number in. So far I have gotten 1 order from it. She's thinking about having a show now. =D

I agree with the no-mailbox rule. It's a Federal violation to put something in mailboxes without running it through the post office with proper postage.You can buy one of these:
41xLtawLk%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
(http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003REH4T6/?tag=pfamazon01-20), hang it on your back window next to the Merrill logo, and let your car advertise everywhere you go including your neighbors and their guests ... 365 days a year. ;) (Check with your insurance company, I hear some states have rules.) It comes in 3 pieces and you use the included double sided sticky tape. You don't have to add the over-the-window hanger - you can affix it directly to the back glass if you choose.

If they have boxes for newspaper you could use those instead. We get handouts on our all the time.

pampchefrhondab said:
If they have boxes for newspaper you could use those instead. We get handouts on our all the time.

That what I was going to suggest also, although I think putting them on the door handle may be more effective, if you have the time (or kids who like to help!) to walk up to each door. I've done the newspaper box route, and it's always funny to me how much trash from other flyers and business cards, etc has been left in their boxes...usually in the back. But they are dirty, weathered, wet, etc. I try to keep mine towards the very front so it's obvious. But people just get their mail and leave the "trash". (I take them out if nothing else to throw it away).

And don't spend too much money on whatever you DO put in the box. Most will pitch it. A recipe card and a mini or a flyer may be sufficient.

Or do a Recipe Tasting party at your house to introduce yourself to them. Make an invitation, and include that with a mini & a recipe card. Those who are really interested, will show up. Walk around on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon when folks are out an about...or after dinner in the evenings. (I need to do this more!) Get to know your neighbors in person! It will be much more affective.

I found a neighborhood flyer and updated it. I was hoping someone could check it to make sure all seems correct as I would like to use it at an upcoming event. When I try to upload it (word document) I get the error message below. Does anyone have a suggestion or is someone willing to proof-read if I e-mail it to them? (Maybe Greg can help)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 570
Does your neighborhood participate in Nextdoor? Nextdoor is a social media outlet that is specific to neighborhoods, and usually includes a "Classifieds" area. www.nextdoor.com

I have an ad posted on Nextdoor.com under Classifieds. Don't post in the main area or you will get booted.

TheCookingDoctor said:
I have an ad posted on Nextdoor.com under Classifieds. Don't post in the main area or you will get booted.
I just got into Nextdoor! Great idea to find leads around where you live.

Its this ok to post on the Nextdoor.com? and how far can I go with sharing? should I say in my neighbor hood or can I post to the whole area? I just don't want to make a mistake. any thoughts? this is my first fundraiser and I want to help them as much as I am able to.I will be holding a Pampered Chef Fundraiser for TC Roberson High School Band
if you would like to make a purchase a portion of your order will be donated to the Band.
here is the link to place your orders.https://pamperedchef.com/go/TCBandFundraiser2016
you can choose to have your order shipped to directly to you or the school & I will deliver your items.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me.
Thank-you for supporting TC Roberson Band

1. What is the benefit of advertising in my neighborhood with Pampered Chef?

Advertising in your neighborhood with Pampered Chef allows you to reach a targeted audience of potential customers who are already interested in cooking, entertaining, and quality kitchen products. This can lead to increased sales and brand awareness in your local community.

2. How does Pampered Chef advertise in my neighborhood?

Our advertising strategies in your neighborhood may include flyers, brochures, social media promotions, direct mail campaigns, and events such as cooking demonstrations or product showcases. We also have a network of independent consultants who can personally promote our products to their own networks in your area.

3. Can I choose the specific locations in my neighborhood where Pampered Chef advertises?

Yes, you can work with our marketing team to select the specific neighborhoods or areas within your community that you would like to target with our advertising efforts. We can also provide data and insights on the demographics and interests of these areas to help you make informed decisions.

4. What types of products or services does Pampered Chef advertise in my neighborhood?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of high-quality kitchen products, including cookware, bakeware, cutlery, kitchen tools, and pantry items. We also offer cooking and entertaining tips, recipes, and meal planning services. Our advertising in your neighborhood may focus on specific products or promotions to attract potential customers.

5. How can I get involved in advertising Pampered Chef in my neighborhood?

If you are interested in promoting Pampered Chef in your neighborhood, you can become an independent consultant and host events or demonstrations in your community. You can also refer friends, family, and neighbors to our products and earn rewards. Contact our team for more information on how to get started.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• palmervictoria7
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefAggi
Replies
Views
casescafe
  • lklingman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies