• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Admin Greg | Why the Constant New Threads? A Member's Perspective

In the past, we've had one big discussion regarding new products in general which has been okay. I think the intention of starting all the threads was to encourage discussion and comments but to better categorize them. (especially for future reference when someone is looking through old threads)But, starting a thread on each product will make searching easier. And,
ShellBeach
Admin Greg, what is up with you posting a thread for each new product?

A week or so ago, you were also posting a new thread for some money-saving scheme or other.

If you need to start charging more for this site, please just say so.
Erm, all due respect, but all these new money-saving threads are not helpful to me. Nor do they have anything to do with why I joined this specific site.

The exception being your poll thread about spoilers, which clearly told subscribers what was wanted.

IMO, you lost a helluva lot of people in the past 3 years with the nannies telling people not to post any of the new stuff. It's the only reason I joined this site in the first place. I had a lackadaisical director that didn't tell or teach me anything. Any good info, I got here. But then the atmosphere changed. The past 3 years, I've been told to shut up when I asked anything about advance info.

Thanks again for posting that spoiler thread & letting us vote, and stopping the narrow-minded comments that drove off most of your customer base.

I am not sure your new threads will get you new business, though. The autobots will catalog the search terms, but the atmosphere of freely sharing will take years to change back to what it was.

It's all in your point of view. In the past, we've had one big discussion regarding new products in general which has been okay. I think the intention of starting all the threads was to encourage discussion and comments but to better categorize them. (especially for future reference when someone is looking through old threads)

WOW. Greg is just trying to stimulate conversations. Not all topics will interest everyone. I'm sure Jane is right that starting a thread on each product will make searching easier. As far as your other comments, those of us who comment that things shouldn't be shared before HO wants us to are just trying to follow what is asked of us by our company. The constant whining that "I want to know and you spent the money to find out so you have to tell me" has caused a lot of good, helpful people to leave this site. HO specifically asks those at early conferences to NOT share and this time they even said on loops no matter how private. I don't get why honoring that is so bad especially since it it just one week from the time the first people learn until it is all public knowledge. This kind of thing probably weighed heavily into why they are ending conferences and launches. Calling people names only causes anger and more tension. "Nannies" - now that's a new one. If being ethical by honoring HO requests is narrow minded then I guess I am guilty. PC has policies that make it a great company and it isn't our place to make our own rules because we think we are better or smarter. ...And I am quite sure no one ever told you to "shut up".

Last edited:
For quite awhile, things have died down on here. Day after day you might have just half a dozen threads with any conversation, counting KGs daily thread. When I first joined, there would be PAGES of new threads and posts each day.

Greg and Deb have been trying to breathe some life into CS again amd get people talking. If you dont want to read something, dont read it.

(Thank you Greg, and Deb.))

WOW...you don't have to read posts that you aren't interested in. That's the beauty of thread titles and separate forums. There are plenty of posts on here that are of no interest to me. Know what I do? I skip them. Not everything will interest everyone.

Personally, I liked the money saving posts. I even think Greg started it's own forum so it wasn't listed with other PC topics.

I agree with Beth and Jane about the separate product threads making it easier to find specific info.

And, that kind of goes AGAINST your complaint about things not being of interest to you. With each product having it's own thread....it is easier to skip if not interested!

And, thanks to Greg and Deb for posting the past week or so!

Greg, liked the idea of individual threads, might group tea stuff, bags together though could ge unwieldy. Just a thought.

ShellBeach said:
Admin Greg, what is up with you posting a thread for each new product?
I don't want to give the misconception that the new products can only be discussed in those premade threads. You may post about the products elsewhere. However, it's nice to know where you can always find information and discussion on a product instead of searching and browsing for hours. I will also inform that the reason we've decided to do the distinct product threads is because we're going to ditch the long antiquated and outdated "Product Review" system. Every launch we will add to our list in that forum and you'll have a place to go where you know you can find discussion on a specific product. It will be like a product database.
ShellBeach said:
A week or so ago, you were also posting a new thread for some money-saving scheme or other.If you need to start charging more for this site, please just say so.
Erm, all due respect, but all these new money-saving threads are not helpful to me. Nor do they have anything to do with why I joined this specific site.
I'm not sure I see the connection between me needing to charge more (which I don't) and posting money saving ideas. The economy is still tough and I know some cheffers could appreciate some fresh ideas. Personally I am also very interested in the subject of saving money and money tips. As others have said, this forum is not just about you. So if you're not interested, don't read them.
ShellBeach said:
I am not sure your new threads will get you new business, though. The autobots will catalog the search terms, but the atmosphere of freely sharing will take years to change back to what it was.
Life is full of troughs and crests. I do believe we are on our way to our biggest crest yet! My advice is to stay on the boat.

I've noticed a decline in activity here once PC started letting us promote our businesses on FB. It didn't happen right away, but gradually. FB groups and such have taken off and so people have been just going there for things lately. I like FB, but I really like CS and having everything all in one place. Since it felt like a ghost-town, I think Deb & Greg have been trying to breathe new life into it by giving the new membership discount and making all the new posts. It's helping to get different discussions going on. I don't view it as a way for them to control things...it's just them trying to help revive things here. I thought it was a good idea for Greg to start all the new product threads. Remember how with every new season there would be duplicate threads started basically saying the same things and asking the same questions? This is going to help things be more organized.

BethCooks4U said:
WOW. Greg is just trying to stimulate conversations. Not all topics will interest everyone. I'm sure Jane is right that starting a thread on each product will make searching easier.

As far as your other comments, those of us who comment that things shouldn't be shared before HO wants us to are just trying to follow what is asked of us by our company. The constant whining that "I want to know and you spent the money to find out so you have to tell me" has caused a lot of good, helpful people to leave this site. HO specifically asks those at early conferences to NOT share and this time they even said on loops no matter how private. I don't get why honoring that is so bad especially since it it just one week from the time the first people learn until it is all public knowledge. This kind of thing probably weighed heavily into why they are ending conferences and launches. Calling people names only causes anger and more tension. "Nannies" - now that's a new one. If being ethical by honoring HO requests is narrow minded then I guess I am guilty. PC has policies that make it a great company and it isn't our place to make our own rules because we think we are better or smarter. ...And I am quite sure no one ever told you to "shut up".
BINGO - right there is why I am choosing to back away from Chef Success for a while. Not because people won't share but because I don't feel that this website should promote sharing things that HO asks us not to.

I agree with what Greg has been doing! At first I thought the changes on this site were different but have now decided to embrace them. The money saving tips are not only good for us, but we can share them at our shows! I do not agree with the spoiler thread. Whether people want it or not, we need to follow what our company asks us to do.

I LOVE the individual product posts!! So nice to be able to comment on something you've actually used or have a question about in one place - and great for later reference.I also LOVED the spoiler thread. I was in the first date of launches, and lucky to be able to attend one close to home, but would have loved to know about new products if I couldn't get to a launch. And, no, one week isn't a lot of time to wait, but really, the percentage of consultants who are on this site reading or commenting about the new products, and the percentage of the rest of the consultants, is a HUGE difference. And, the thread was so well done, that if you didn't want to participate, there wasn't a chance you would mistakenly read anything. Yes, HO asks everyone not to share, but I doubt they expect that; it's a marketing tactic to keep the 'suspense' high, much like Apple, and other major companies do. This thread gave us a chance to share our excitement with others.I love this site and always found it way more valuable that the community on PC. Thanks, guys!

I appreciated the Spoiler thread for many reasons.

I LOVE the individual threads for each new product. It is sometimes confusing to find what you are looking for when everything is together. This kept the focus on that one product.

Admin Greg said:
....Every launch we will add to our list in that forum and you'll have a place to go where you know you can find discussion on a specific product. It will be like a product database.

:thumbup:Sounds good! Thanks for your reply.

1. What are Admin Greg Threads?

Admin Greg Threads are a line of high-quality kitchen towels designed by Pampered Chef's very own Admin Greg. These towels are made from 100% cotton and are perfect for all your kitchen needs.

2. Are Admin Greg Threads only available for purchase through Pampered Chef?

Yes, Admin Greg Threads are exclusively sold through Pampered Chef. You can purchase them through a Pampered Chef consultant or on our website.

3. How do I care for my Admin Greg Threads?

We recommend machine washing your Admin Greg Threads in cold water and tumble drying on low heat. Avoid using fabric softener as it can reduce the absorbency of the towels.

4. Can I personalize my Admin Greg Threads?

Yes, you can! Our personalized Admin Greg Threads make great gifts for family and friends. You can add a name or monogram for an additional fee when ordering through a Pampered Chef consultant.

5. Are there any special features of Admin Greg Threads?

Yes, our Admin Greg Threads are not only stylish but also functional. They feature a handy loop for hanging and a convenient corner tab for easy drying. They are also highly absorbent and durable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bbauman07
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
bbauman07
  • kcjodih