• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Is it possible to succeed in both Tastefully Simple and PC businesses?

In summary, a consultant is looking for more than what PC has to offer. They are considering doing both PC and another DS company. However, they are concerned about not being able to give 100% to both companies.
DEBBI
I'm at a cross roads with pc and am thinking a becoming a tastefulyy simple consultant.at this time i was considering doing both. I guess i'm looking for more than pc has given.

I'm over 2 hours from my director and cluster mates. I've tried 2 host directors but i didn't seem to fit there either.

Anyone out there doing both ds biz please tel me how you fell about it

They have conflicting products--there used to be a rule against that (representing another company with conflicting products), anyone???

That said, I have a couple of friendes that Tastefully Simple--it's a good product but pricey. Whenever I am at a boutique or craft fair I do better than they do.

If/when you promote to Director, you have to agree to only represent PC. You can't market TS at a PC show (or at a booth where you're selling PC) at any consultant level. Otherwise, you're okay. There are at least a couple of people on here who do at least one other DS company, besides PC (not necessarily TS), so it can be done. My only suggestion is to make sure it's a company and a product about which you are passionate. If you're not passionate, it won't matter how many companies you represent, you won't do well. Customers can tell if you're 'selling' or 'sharing.'

I believe the rule was actually about selling two similiar products. It would be like selling Mary Kay and Avon - they offer the same product line so it wasn't allowed. I think if the products were different it was okay. But I don't think that is in the policy guide any longer and only matters if you promote to director.

As for being far from you director and having to find hospitality you "fit" with - I know that's a hard thing. I have been passed from director to director over the years as people have quit the business and the director I have now has always been in my upline but I have never been to a meeting of hers. I'm not even sure if we have met. Keep looking for hospitality that works for you. It makes it worth it.

And, remember that you cannot sell both lines at the same time. When you do a PC show you are only to sell PC products. That's policy.

The part about not demoing both at one show is on the Consultant Agreement:

I will demonstrate or sell only Company products at Cooking Shows. I will not demonstrate or sell any other services and/or products, including any products made personally by me, as part of my Pampered Chef® business, at any Cooking Show or at a Company-sponsored event or meeting.

I believe the non-compete about not selling for any other DS if you promote, is probably on the Director Agreement.

You might want to check from the TS side too - I know that I have someone who is interested in selling, but right now she sells PL, and she can't sell both since PL also just started selling food mixes & sauces, and they have a no-compete rule about that. I'm not sure if TS has one or not.

may I ask why are you having difficulties with Pampered Chef? Is it bookings? recruits? or just no upper level support? Hate to see you leave PC as we then won't be able to have you on here! :( Let us know how we can help. Doing 2 businesses is quite tough as it'll be hard to give 100% to both.

I so totally agree with Sharon on this issue! Years ago I did two different businesses and it was so much work!!! One was food product and the other was personalized childrens books. I swore that I would never do that again. It was impossible to give 100% to both at the same time though I tried. Book business had no benefits only to myself-and the food business was so saturated and expensive that just couldn't move anywhere. It wasn't for lack of trying. I am very passionate about Pampered Chef so I took my time deciding this is it and it is up to me to be my own success-that is simply my own thought process. I love this site-everyone is so helpful and a great resource and supportive of one another.

Sharon, I feel like I'm missing some thing in all the areas you mentioned.No support,(just how many prerecorded calls can I listen in on)I had 2 recruits but for personel reasons(work/family and lack of sales) they had to leave.It's not PC fault...I'm just stuck for now.

I'll share my experiences from a customer's perspective.... Before I started PC I was the one that always had parties. PC, TS, HG, SL, but PC were the only ones that people ever came to. I do like TS products, as well as the other companies, or else I wouldn't have had parties, but people were never really interested in coming.
That's a big reason that I decided on PC when I wanted to start my own business.

Debbi, I wanted to share with you that so far in my other DS experience's I had never felt the "love" LOL so to speak that is shared here on this site and genuine caring for one another. I have seen in many other businesses some very unfriendly playing of games and that does not make for a warm all over loving my business feeling-even if you have contact with your immediate up-line in another business. Sometimes people have their own issues all across the board and makes it impossible to count on anyone but yourself. In PC I have not seen that. I have found a wealth of info shared with everyone on this site. I have seen support given and offered. I will finally be able to make my first meeting after being in this business for 2 months now and can't wait however, I do feel connected with everyone on this site-I feel like I belong. I have a great person who is my direct up-line, I chose her after a year of waiting to join. I appreciate that she is there to answer any question I have but I know that I can come here and read and learn on top of doing on line courses.
Please don't be discouraged, you just need to dust off your knees and regroup. We all believe in you and everyone on this site is here for you anytime. You can do this! Believe in yourself-you will always have people that won't follow through, but please don't let that change who you are or how you chose to do your business. If you think talking will help, call me 804-477-3939.

Last edited:
Thank you :)

Hi, Debbi! I echo smart2cook's sentiment (which was beautiful, btw)! If it were me, I would set a personal deadline and give it another go and review my business at that time and make a decision. I agree with Sharon that you should keep trying to find hospitality. Just curious, did you post that you're looking for it on CS?

What are the benefits of adding a Tastefully Simple Biz to my Pampered Chef business?

Adding a Tastefully Simple Biz to your Pampered Chef business can provide you with a wider range of products to offer your customers. This can lead to increased sales and potential for higher profits. Additionally, Tastefully Simple offers a different variety of food products that can attract new customers to your business.

Can I sell Pampered Chef and Tastefully Simple products at the same time?

Yes, you can sell both Pampered Chef and Tastefully Simple products at the same time. In fact, many consultants find success in offering a variety of products to their customers. This can give you a competitive edge and help you reach a wider customer base.

Do I need to pay an additional fee to add a Tastefully Simple Biz to my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, there is a one-time fee to add a Tastefully Simple Biz to your Pampered Chef business. This fee covers the cost of your starter kit, which includes a variety of Tastefully Simple products and business materials to help you get started.

How do I become a Tastefully Simple consultant?

To become a Tastefully Simple consultant, you must first be a current Pampered Chef consultant. Once you have an active Pampered Chef business, you can add a Tastefully Simple Biz by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant support team. They will guide you through the process and help you get started.

Are there any special requirements for selling Tastefully Simple products as a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, there are no special requirements for selling Tastefully Simple products as a Pampered Chef consultant. However, it is important to familiarize yourself with the Tastefully Simple products and their benefits in order to effectively promote and sell them to your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Humble Beginnings
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD