• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Adding Vinegar Make Boiling Eggs Easier to Peel?

In summary, adding vinegar to the water when boiling eggs can prevent cracking and make them easier to peel. It also helps to keep the whites from spreading too much and creates a more uniform shape. The recommended amount is 1-2 tablespoons per quart of water. Any type of clear vinegar can be used, such as white distilled, apple cider, or white wine vinegar. Once you find the right amount for your preferred method, you do not need to add vinegar every time. When using an electric egg cooker, vinegar is not necessary but can still be added if desired.
DebPC
Staff member
Tip: When boiling eggs, add a tablespoon of vinegar to the water to keep the eggs from cooking out if they crack. Also, remove from heat immediately and add cold water to the pan to cool them quickly. They will peel more easily.

Using older eggs is also a tip for hard boiled eggs to peel better. Eggs just recently purchased (or laid (? Is that the correct form? I can never remember!) will not peel easily, but use eggs that are a week old or so, and they peel better. The membrane inside the shell has separated more over time.Eggs rarely last long enough in my house to do it often, but it does seem to work.

I tried every trick in the book. Only a couple tablespoons of salt in the water is what works for me to make eggs peel easier.

What are the benefits of adding vinegar when boiling eggs?

Adding vinegar to the water when boiling eggs can help prevent the shells from cracking and make them easier to peel. It also helps to keep the whites from spreading too much and creating a more uniform shape.

How much vinegar should I add when boiling eggs?

For best results, we recommend adding 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar per quart of water when boiling eggs. This is equivalent to about 15-30ml of vinegar per liter of water.

Can I use any type of vinegar when boiling eggs?

While white distilled vinegar is the most commonly used type of vinegar for boiling eggs, you can also use apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar. Just make sure to use a clear vinegar without any added flavorings or seasonings.

Do I need to add vinegar every time I boil eggs?

No, you do not need to add vinegar every time you boil eggs. Once you have found the right amount of vinegar to use for your preferred method of boiling eggs, you can continue to use that ratio without needing to add more vinegar each time.

Do I need to use vinegar when boiling eggs in an electric egg cooker?

No, you do not need to add vinegar when using an electric egg cooker. These machines are designed to cook eggs without the need for any additional ingredients, including vinegar. However, if you prefer to use vinegar, you can still add it to the water as you would when boiling eggs on the stove.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmeg
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies