A substitute for dijon mustard?

Discussion in 'Recipes and Tips' started by babywings76, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babywings76

babywings76 Gold Member

Does anyone know of a good alternative to use when someone doesn't like Dijon mustard? I have a power cooking show on Thursday and the host said she doesn't like Dijon mustard and we are scheduled to have the Dijon Chicken Noodle Toss as one of the recipes. If I can't think of an alternative, I might need to change the recipe choice for the 3rd Power cooking recipe (but I've never done the others...only the soup, noodle toss, and wraps).

2. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Gold Member

Use a Honey Mustard.......I interchange them.

Lisa

3. kdangel518

kdangel518 Gold Member

If you have the Greek Rub I HIGHLY recommend the Greek Orzo skillet! It makes an appearance in my house at LEAST every other week b/c it is SO AWESOME!!!

I know that doesn't answer your question (sorry!) but it's an awesome alternative and SO EASY!

4. Ginger428

Ginger428 Gold Member

You could just use regular mustard, its not a big deal....;)

5. babywings76

babywings76 Gold Member

I think she doesn't like regular mustard either. Maybe I'll look over the Greek Orzo recipe and see if we could do that one. We're eating the soup recipe and she's freezing the other 2 for later. So if the recipe isn't anything too hard for prepping to freeze, I'll just switch it. I'll e-mail it to the host and see which she prefers.

6. MissChef

MissChef Gold Member

i've always used a brown mustard! works well in my opinion;):):balloon:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.