• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Dijon Mustard Substitute?

In summary, Lisa suggests using a honey mustard instead of Dijon because she thinks the host doesn't like it.
babywings76
Gold Member
Does anyone know of a good alternative to use when someone doesn't like Dijon mustard? I have a power cooking show on Thursday and the host said she doesn't like Dijon mustard and we are scheduled to have the Dijon Chicken Noodle Toss as one of the recipes. If I can't think of an alternative, I might need to change the recipe choice for the 3rd Power cooking recipe (but I've never done the others...only the soup, noodle toss, and wraps).

Use a Honey Mustard.......I interchange them.

Lisa

If you have the Greek Rub I HIGHLY recommend the Greek Orzo skillet! It makes an appearance in my house at LEAST every other week b/c it is SO AWESOME!!!

I know that doesn't answer your question (sorry!) but it's an awesome alternative and SO EASY!

babywings76 said:
Does anyone know of a good alternative to use when someone doesn't like Dijon mustard? I have a power cooking show on Thursday and the host said she doesn't like Dijon mustard and we are scheduled to have the Dijon Chicken Noodle Toss as one of the recipes. If I can't think of an alternative, I might need to change the recipe choice for the 3rd Power cooking recipe (but I've never done the others...only the soup, noodle toss, and wraps).

You could just use regular mustard, its not a big deal....;)

I think she doesn't like regular mustard either. Maybe I'll look over the Greek Orzo recipe and see if we could do that one. We're eating the soup recipe and she's freezing the other 2 for later. So if the recipe isn't anything too hard for prepping to freeze, I'll just switch it. I'll e-mail it to the host and see which she prefers.

i've always used a brown mustard! works well in my opinion;):):balloon:

1. What can I use as a substitute for Dijon mustard?

If you don't have Dijon mustard on hand, you can use regular yellow mustard or spicy brown mustard as a substitute. You can also mix equal parts of mayonnaise and yellow mustard to create a similar flavor.

2. What if I don't like the taste of mustard?

If you're not a fan of the taste of mustard, you can use a combination of mayonnaise and honey as a substitute. This will provide a creamy and slightly sweet flavor to your dish.

3. Can I use dry mustard powder instead of Dijon mustard?

Yes, you can use dry mustard powder as a substitute for Dijon mustard. Mix 1 tablespoon of mustard powder with 1 teaspoon of water to create a paste, and use it in place of 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.

4. What if I want a healthier option?

If you want a healthier option, you can use Greek yogurt as a substitute for Dijon mustard. It will provide a tangy and creamy flavor to your dish without the added fat and calories of mayonnaise.

5. Can I use any other condiment as a substitute for Dijon mustard?

Yes, you can use other condiments such as horseradish, hot sauce, or Worcestershire sauce as a substitute for Dijon mustard. However, keep in mind that these options may alter the flavor of your dish significantly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • shelly.nurse