• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking a Whole Chicken in the DCB: Tips & Recipes

In summary, to prep the chicken before cooking it in the DCB, remove any giblets or excess fat, rinse it with cold water, and season it with desired spices and herbs. No liquid is needed when cooking the chicken in the DCB, as it will release its own juices. The cooking time for a whole chicken is about 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes, and a meat thermometer should be used to ensure it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. The DCB can also be used to cook other types of meat, such as pork, beef, and turkey, by adjusting the cooking time and temperature accordingly. While cooking, the chicken should be covered with the lid provided with the
SPAMSTIME
I have never done a whole chicken in the DCB!! My host for Sun wants to do this but I dont have a meat theometer. How can I check the chicken? What else should I make?

Look for the juices to run clear when you poke it, or get a thermometer from someone or one from another store till you get one.

You can use any meat thermometer - don't feel like it has to be PC :) Whenever I run into an issue where I don't have a PC product, but have a non-PC product that I can substitute, I usually say something like "Our Digital Meat Thermometer is on my wishlist right now - it's so much easier to read than this dial thermometer and it comes with a protective case that lists the safe temperatures for different meats. I'm planning to get it for free using some of my PC Dollars :)" It's the perfect lead-in to how as a new consultant, and at various times for existing consultants, you can earn PC Dollars which you can use to get products for free. Another recruiting seed planted!

1. How do I prep the chicken before cooking it in the DCB?

The first step is to remove any giblets or excess fat from the chicken. Then, rinse the chicken inside and out with cold water and pat it dry with paper towels. You can also season the chicken with your desired spices and herbs.

2. Do I need to add any liquid to the DCB when cooking the chicken?

No, the chicken will release its own juices while cooking in the DCB. You can add some vegetables or fruits to the bottom of the DCB for additional flavor, but it is not necessary to add any liquid.

3. How long does it take to cook a whole chicken in the DCB?

The cooking time will vary depending on the size of the chicken, but on average it takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes to cook a whole chicken in the DCB. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.

4. Can I use the DCB to cook other types of meat?

Yes, the DCB can be used to cook various types of meat such as pork, beef, and turkey. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly for different types of meat.

5. Do I need to cover the chicken while it's cooking in the DCB?

No, the DCB comes with a lid that should be used to cover the chicken while it's cooking. This will help trap the heat and moisture, resulting in a tender and juicy chicken.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kzegar