• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

BBQ Sauce Made Quickly: A Success Story!

In summary, the conversation was about trying out a recipe for BBQ pork tenderloin and its success with family and friends. The recipe was found to be quick and easy to make, and it was enjoyed by all who tried it. Various suggestions were given for alternative rubs and seasonings to use.
jrstephens
I tried this Wednesday night and it was AWESOME! I made the BBQ sauce and loved it too. My husband is VERY Picky about BBQ sauce and will only eat Cattlemen's. He asked me why i was making the since since he was not going to eat it, and I told him I had to try it if I wanted to do it as a show. Well, I got him to try it and he liked it. I was very surprised. He even commented he was surprised at how good it was. There was not one piece left! I am definitely going to promote this show! And have it again at my house. It took 13 minutes in my microwave which was wonderful when I was getting home from work at 530 and had to be at church by 625!

where is this recipe? I don't see it in the Files. :eek:)

me too!I tried this recipe last week and it was great! It was ready at ten minutes, but I let it go another 2 minutes because my side items were not ready yet!

Great for selling lots of deep covered bakers~

I sold a DCB last night just by DESCRIBING how fantastic it tasted! :)

I wanted to try this...tenderloin on sale for 2.99/lb at my store. But I went there last night too late and they didn't have any more out and the butcher shop was closed. :( Maybe I can pick one up today if I have time.

Here is the recipe for anyone looking that may not have it for some reason. And the sauces.

Attachments

• 10min_bbq_pt.pdf
    236.9 KB · Views: 350
  • 10min_simple_sauces_salsas.pdf
    358.7 KB · Views: 510
I do have one questins about this. The recipe says to remove "silver skin"...mine did not have anything to remove. What are they talking about? It had a strip of fat on the back of it but I always leave that on for more juicieness.

Sometimes tenderloin (pork or beef) has a membrane in it. This is called silverskin. It's tough and will shrink when cooked, causing the meat to curl up. It's pretty nasty. Sometimes butchers cut it out, sometimes it's still there.

I have a question about this, what size tenderloin will cook in this time?

I think the recipe calls for just a 1 lb. tenderloin

There is a mention of doing 2 1 lb tenderloins.

I made it using a regular pork roast (my grocery store has them on buy 1 get 1 free all the time so I always have a couple frozen in the freezer). I defrosted and followed the directions -- it took about 15 minutes to get the internal temperature up, but was very good and tasty.

Then I used my grill pan and made a toratini (or what ever they are called). Made up my own dressing (which was really good) using applesauce, a little mayo, a dash of dijon mustard and more of the bbq rub seasoning

If you have a Costco near where you live they normally have the best deal. You get four approximately 1 pound tenderloins per pack. Haven't bought them in a while, I would estimate between $15.00-$20.00. That is how I always buy them.

I had a 2 lb. tenderloin in my freezer, and I just cut itinto 2 pieces. Cooked both at the same time. It took about 9 minutes in the micro, then I let them sit for about 5 mintes.

I don't have the bbq rub, any suggestions? I guess I will need to order it.

Ann R

aried said:

Ann R

Use any of the rubs.....I used the Jamaican Jerk rub last week (Hey, before the recipe was even on the Website!) when we had company coming for dinner, and then drizzled some maple syrup over it......DH and our friends were gushing over it! (it was pretty good!)

I think also the rub used in the recipe for the 30 minute chicken would be good too.

I am so bummed I don't have the DCB. I could have gotten one as a host special in feb at 60% off but was having a brain freeze due to moving stress and didn't order it. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

aried said:

Ann R
I used the old Asian seasoning, and it was quite tasty. I'm sure the new version would be just as good.

Okay, you sold me! :D :p I think I'm going to the store after I pick up the kids today and I think I will buy a tenderloin and make it! My chicken that I have out is still frozen in the fridge anyway, so I think I'll have that tomorrow and have pork tonight! I'll report back sometime this weekend!:)

chefann said:
Sometimes tenderloin (pork or beef) has a membrane in it. This is called silverskin. It's tough and will shrink when cooked, causing the meat to curl up. It's pretty nasty. Sometimes butchers cut it out, sometimes it's still there.

It is GROSS to cut that part out! Yuk! I wore gloves and the utility knife made it easier. I have to say, I get grossed out by the texture of pork, but this was GOOD! My husband LOVED it and es, amazing in 10 minutes! It looked fabulous too. I'm going to sell the baker as a no-cook summer cooking machine ~ what with the chicken, it's awesome!

its_me_susan said:
It is GROSS to cut that part out! Yuk! I wore gloves and the utility knife made it easier. I have to say, I get grossed out by the texture of pork, but this was GOOD! My husband LOVED it and es, amazing in 10 minutes! It looked fabulous too. I'm going to sell the baker as a no-cook summer cooking machine ~ what with the chicken, it's awesome!

I am so glad it is not on them in my store!!!

I was way off on my price for Pork Tenderloins at Costco. You can purchase a 4 pack there for around $12.00, depending on weight. Really not a bad deal.

I made the pork tenderloin tonight with the Barbeque rub and it was fantastic. I am going to do a Meal in Minutes show in June. I plan on making the 10 minute tenderloin and microwave cake. I'll have the host make a side to serve with. I even thought of maybe doing the rice in the rice cooker, then putting the tenderloin in after guests arrive.

ChefJeniLobdell said:
I was way off on my price for Pork Tenderloins at Costco. You can purchase a 4 pack there for around $12.00, depending on weight. Really not a bad deal.

I made the pork tenderloin tonight with the Barbeque rub and it was fantastic. I am going to do a Meal in Minutes show in June. I plan on making the 10 minute tenderloin and microwave cake. I'll have the host make a side to serve with. I even thought of maybe doing the rice in the rice cooker, then putting the tenderloin in after guests arrive.

That is a GREAT price! I'm going there to get mine! Looking at the grocery ads today, the best price was $6.99 for a 19 oz. tenderloin!

Okay! I finally made it and it was awesome! Very tender and moist! In fact I'm going upstairs now to eat the leftovers as a BBQ pork Sandwich! :)
I will ask my hubby tonight if he liked it, last night we had had a spat and we weren't talking much at dinner accept for what we had to say to each other! But we made up before bed, because I really try to follow God's way of not going to bed angry! So, I will ask him tonight! I know my son loved it!:D

dwyerkim said:
I am so bummed I don't have the DCB. I could have gotten one as a host special in feb at 60% off but was having a brain freeze due to moving stress and didn't order it. Grrrrrrrrrrr.
I wonder if anyone has tried using the deep dish baker. Maybe covering it with wax paper or parchment paper. I think I might give that a try tonight.

What ingredients are needed for this quick BBQ sauce?

The ingredients for this quick BBQ sauce include ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.

Can I use this BBQ sauce for grilling or just as a dipping sauce?

This BBQ sauce can be used for both grilling and as a dipping sauce. It adds great flavor to grilled meats and can also be used as a condiment for dipping.

How long does it take to make this BBQ sauce?

This BBQ sauce can be made in just 5 minutes! It's a quick and easy recipe that will save you time without sacrificing flavor.

Can I adjust the sweetness or spiciness of this BBQ sauce?

Absolutely! You can adjust the amount of brown sugar and spices to your liking. If you prefer a sweeter sauce, add more brown sugar. For a spicier sauce, add more garlic powder or a pinch of cayenne pepper.

What dishes pair well with this BBQ sauce?

This BBQ sauce goes well with a variety of dishes, including grilled chicken, pork ribs, burgers, and even roasted vegetables. It adds a delicious tangy and savory flavor to any dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cooknmama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
aried
  • pampchefrhondab