• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Pork & Sauerkraut in a DCB: Questions & Answers

In summary, Heidi suggests trying pork and sauerkraut in the crockpot, using a bag of saurkraut with the juices and everything. She also tried pork tenderloin in the microwave and it only took 8 minutes. Heather recommends using a bag of saurkraut with the juices and everything.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I have a question, has anyone done this yet? I am a bit behind and have not tried this yet but here is my question. We do Pork and Sauerkraut for New Years and I was thinking about trying to do it in the DCB. Does anyone know, since there will be the liquid in it from the sauerkraut, would I need to change the cooking time at all or should I just try it out and keep an eye on it and temp check it?? Do my questions make sense??

I did the 10 minute tenderloin at a show once and sold 3 DCB's, and someone who booked a show bought it later at her show. It might be a little bit of trial and error with the Sauerkraut. It turns out really moist and delicious! Have fun experimenting! (don't forget, you can always bake it in the oven, which might be better with the sauerkraut).

I know but always cooking in the oven gets boring, I like to experiment. I think I will definately try it...I might even try it tonight.

Heidi,

I do pork and sauerkraut in my crockpot all the time. :thumbup:

Give it a try -- throw it all in the baker and microwave according to the directions for the 10 minute pork and see what happens. You have to "take the temperature of the pork" so you'll know if it needs to cook a little longer.

Let us know!

Yes and my thermometer is out for delivery right now. I haven't done any of this stuff because I didn't have a thermometer so I finally ordered one with a show that I submitted last week.

In the F/W SB their is a recipe for the pork tenderloin using onions on the bottom. It's not quite the same as sauerkraut because the onions aren't precooked, but I think it's worth a try. I thought it was great to do the pork tenderloin in the microwave. It only took 8 minutes for me to cook two pounds of tenderloin. I can't wait to try the chicken breasts in place of the tenderloin. We don't eat much pork.

Well I think I might spoil my mom and my sister tonight. I want to try a new trifle also so I am going to make that for dessert. Plus the Pork and Sauerkraut for dinner. I am not sure yet what I am going to make as sides but there is another thread on here with some great suggestions. Probably mashed potatoes they are always great to go with Pork and Sauerkraut.

JAE said:
In the F/W SB their is a recipe for the pork tenderloin using onions on the bottom. It's not quite the same as sauerkraut because the onions aren't precooked, but I think it's worth a try. I thought it was great to do the pork tenderloin in the microwave. It only took 8 minutes for me to cook two pounds of tenderloin. I can't wait to try the chicken breasts in place of the tenderloin. We don't eat much pork.
That's really good to know cause I bought 2 lbs of it for my brunch today and was not sure if I needed to double the cooking time? I can't wait to hear how it turns out?!

Except, I dont' have the thermometer and I am not sure my host does either now that I am reading about using one!:eek: Can I just make sure it's not pink and it will be ok to eat???:confused:

Update... I just made it for my brunch and with two pounds it took well over 25 mins for it to cook through! Everyone liked it though and said how moist it was! I will definitely recommend it to other hosts for sure! And want to make it for my parents!

Heather~

Did you use a bag of saurkraut with the juices and everything? We love pork and kraut and I want to do this!

No I just sliced up the unions and put them underneath, noone really ate them though, just the pork.

I have made this many, many times LOVE IT. I have only found 1 1/2 lb. pkgs. I cook mine 15 min. set 10 min. so far great everytime. I tried the turkey breast tenderloin. Need to work on that one though, It was okay but I wouldn't walk across the street for it. We just finished dinner, Pork tenderloin, Rice, Corn that I froze and Mom's apple crisp, YUM YUM!

What is the best way to cook pork and sauerkraut in a DCB?

The best way to cook pork and sauerkraut in a DCB is to first preheat the DCB in the oven at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Then, layer the sauerkraut on the bottom of the dish and place the pork on top. Cover the dish with the lid and cook for 1-1.5 hours, until the pork is fully cooked and tender.

Do I need to add any liquid when cooking pork and sauerkraut in a DCB?

No, you do not need to add any additional liquid when cooking pork and sauerkraut in a DCB. The pork and sauerkraut will release enough liquid while cooking to keep the dish moist.

Can I use a frozen pork roast for cooking in a DCB?

Yes, you can use a frozen pork roast for cooking in a DCB. However, it is recommended to thaw the pork roast before cooking to ensure even cooking and to prevent any food safety concerns.

How long does it take to cook pork and sauerkraut in a DCB?

The cooking time for pork and sauerkraut in a DCB will depend on the size and thickness of the pork and the type of DCB being used. On average, it takes 1-1.5 hours to cook pork and sauerkraut in a DCB at 375 degrees.

What other ingredients can I add to the pork and sauerkraut in a DCB?

You can add other ingredients to the pork and sauerkraut in a DCB, such as onions, apples, potatoes, and spices. These additional ingredients will add flavor and variety to the dish. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and ensure that all ingredients are fully cooked before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
Staci
  • shelly.nurse
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies