1. Want to buy your holiday gifts AND support Chef Success seamlessly in the process? If you click a merchant link like amazon or ebay on Chef Success, Chef Success in turn receives 7% of that purchase. Click here for the merchant list. It's easy!

10" Executive Pan and Eggs

Discussion in 'Products and Tips' started by ChefJWarren, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChefJWarren

ChefJWarren Gold Member

My husband and I love our executive cookware, but everytime he cooks eggs (sunny side up), they stick. He gets sooo frustrated! He keeps trying to go back to our old pans (they are gross and peeling, but NEVER stick). I had to finally throw them away so he'll stop using them. I have personally never had anything stick to them, but he swears they are bad for eggs. What's up?? Are we doing something wrong?

2. KellyTheChef

KellyTheChef Gold Member

Even though I have heard many say that you don't have to use butter or oil in our nonstick pans, for eggs....I ALWAYS add a pat of butter or margarine, heat up the pan till the butter melts and bubbles, and then add in my eggs. First, I like the flavor it adds, plus for something as delicate as sunny side up eggs, you need it.

How high of a heat is he using? For sunny side up, medium is as high as you would want to go I think.

3. I haven't had any problems either. I even tried it without any oil and it was fine. I usually just brush the pan with oil first.

4. I little spritz with the mister would be good

5. heather223

heather223 Gold Member

I use cooking spray and never had trouble getting eggs out. :chef:

6. I never use oil on my eggs but I have found if I dont let the pan get warm enough then the eggs will stick.

7. pamperedposey

pamperedposey Silver Member

I use the spritzer, but I agree that the temp that you set it on makes a difference. Make sure he's not putting it too high.

8. PamperedDor

PamperedDor Gold Member

Yup gotta agree - pan should be heated on Med heat for about 5 minutes before putting eggs in - no oil or butter ever needed - slide right out -

9. I never use butter or oil in my exec pans when making eggs. Sounds like either he doesn't let the pan heat up first or he heats it too high. Mine stick when I heat too high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.