• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Fiesta Dessert? Check out this Tres Leches Cake Recipe!

In summary, the conversation is about a dessert to serve at a Fiesta-type show. Mini Margarita Pies are suggested, and a recipe for Strawberry Margartia Squares is included.
pckelly
I am looking for a fiesta type dessert, besides the Mexican Chocolate Pie, for my Fiesta Theme Show on Saturday. Any suggesstions??

These are soooooo good!

Mini Margarita Pies

1 pkg Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough (Pillsbury or Nestle break and bake 20 count)

1 pkg cream cheese

1/3 cup powdered sugar

1 or 2 limes

8 oz container of cool whip

Pretzels (optional)

Strawberries (Optional for garnish)

Cut each of the dough cookies in half. Roll into a ball and place in Mini Muffin Pan. Press with floured Mini Tart Shaper.
Bake cookies at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for about 1 minute, then REPRESS with Mini Tart Shaper. Remove from Pan to Stackable Cooling Rack.
Meanwhile, combined softened cream cheese with powdered sugar in Classic Batter Bowl. Zest lime with Microplane Adjustable Grater. Cut lime in half and press with Citrus Press. (Add both limes if you prefer lots of lime flavor!) Mix with Stainless Steel Whisk. Add in Cool Whip.
Using Star tip of Easy Accent Decorator, pipe filling into cups. If desired, add chopped pretzels to cup before filling (to add a bit of salty flavor), OR stick a pretzel stick into each cup. Garnish with strawberry slice if desired

Somewhere out there is a recipe for Strawberry Margartia Squares.

Thanks so much!!!!

DebbieJ said:
Somewhere out there is a recipe for Strawberry Margartia Squares.

That's exactly what I was thinking!!:D They are sooooo good, too! When I was about 37 weeks pregnant with our 4th child I did a party where I bought the ingredients and served these. My husband (he came with me to my shows that last month) and I took home about 1/2 of if home. I ate half of that on the ride!! I blame the pregnancy! But they are good!

Here is the recipe for the Strawberry Margarita Squares....I am dying to try them they sound awesome...I just got the recipe a few days ago!

Strawberry Margarita Squares

Prep time: 45 minutes Bake time: 10 minutes Cool time: 30 minutes Chill time: 3 hours

Crust

2 cups (66) fat-free mini-twist pretzels (1 cup crushed)

½ cup butter or margarine, melted

¼ cup sugar

Filling

2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese

½ cup thawed, frozen margarita mix concentrate (non-alcoholic)

2 containers (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided

1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin

½ cup boiling water

1 package (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup

Fresh strawberry slices (optional)

Lime slices (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F. For crust, finely crush pretzels in resealable plastic bag with Baker?s Roller. Melt butter in Small Micro-Cooker on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Add crushed pretzels and sugar; mix well. Press mixture onto bottom of Rectangular Baker. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.

For filling, beat cream cheese and margarita mix in Classic Batter Bowl until well blended. Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Using Large Spreader, carefully spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust. Refrigerate while preparing strawberry layer.

Place gelatin in Small Batter Bowl. Stir in boiling water; stir until completely dissolved. Add frozen strawberries and stir until strawberries separate and gelatin is thickened (a spoon drawn through mixture will leave an impression). Whisk in 3 cups of the whipped topping using Stainless Steel Whisk. Pour over cream cheese layer, spreading to edges. Refrigerate 3 hours to set.

Cut dessert into 15 squares. Garnish each serving with remaining whipped topping using Easy Accent Decorator. Top with fresh strawberry and lime slices, if desired.

Yield: 15 servings

Thanks everyone!!

I just made the strawberry margarita squares yesterday and they are YUMMY! Just be prepared for that 3 hour chill time. I didn't let mine do that and they definitely needed it!! Also it says to make them the same day you plan to serve them or else the pretzel "crust" gets soggy. They are awesome though. And they're pink for HWC to top it off!!:)

I always do the Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips... everyone loves that recipe, and it is SOOOO quick and easy to make!

pchefkristin said:
I always do the Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips... everyone loves that recipe, and it is SOOOO quick and easy to make!

I was just going to suggest that! It's one of my faves....always a hit:)

There is a Tres Leches Cake on PC's website. It's in one of the recent Una Muestra's. It's super easy- compare with the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake.

Attachments

• MEXICAN CAKEPastel de Tres Leches (Three-Milk Cake).txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 363

What is a Fiesta Dessert?

A Fiesta Dessert is a delicious and festive dessert that is perfect for any celebration or party. It typically includes bright and bold flavors and colors, and may incorporate traditional Mexican ingredients such as cinnamon, chocolate, or fruit.

Do you have any recommendations for a Fiesta Dessert?

Yes, we have many delicious recipes for Fiesta Desserts on our website. Some popular options include Mexican Chocolate Tres Leches Cake, Churro Cheesecake Bars, and Margarita Cupcakes. We also have a variety of dessert tools and accessories that can help you create the perfect Fiesta Dessert.

Are there any easy Fiesta Dessert recipes?

Absolutely! We understand that not everyone has a lot of time to spend in the kitchen, which is why we have a collection of quick and easy Fiesta Dessert recipes. Some of our favorites include Mini Key Lime Pie Tarts, Cinnamon Sugar Churros, and Mexican Hot Chocolate Brownies.

Can I make a Fiesta Dessert for a large group?

Yes, many of our Fiesta Dessert recipes can be easily scaled up to serve a larger group. We also have a variety of serving platters and trays that are perfect for displaying and serving desserts at parties and gatherings.

Do you have any healthy options for a Fiesta Dessert?

We understand the importance of a balanced diet and have several healthy Fiesta Dessert recipes that use wholesome ingredients and alternative sweeteners. Some of our favorites include Fresh Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips, Baked Churro Donuts, and Coconut Lime Ice Pops.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedkel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies