• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Did It Take You to Become a Director?

How long did it take you to become a director?

• <1 year

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 1 year

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 2 years

• 3 years

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 4 years

• >4 years

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
N
noradawn
I'm just starting out and I'm very gung-ho, but having a hard time waiting to move up the ranks! I sometimes feel defeated b/c I haven't recruited anyone yet. So, to help give me a little patience and faith that I'm on the right track- how long did it take you to become a director?

Nora :confused:

You need to have half years in there. I plan to promote before conference. I have been a consultant for 1.5 years. You recruit and lose some along the way. (they become inactive)

Don't get discouraged. Take a look at what you are saying at your shows. Are you mentioning how awesome your job is and how much money you make?

Your story is one of the most important things you need to do at EVERY show!

It took me 3 years but I have to say it did not become my REAL goal until National Conference last year (first one I attended - so GO - it WILL change your business!!). I SAID I wanted to before that but saying isn't doing...

So my real answer is 9 months! You can all do this! I have had at least 12 recruits in the 3 years but some didn't qualify and others stole the kit and others left before I had enough. When I finally DID promote the make up of my team was: my second recruit (she joined in 2003 and went in active on May 1 :( - she still counted for me though because she was active on April 30th; another joined right after I returned from National Conference for the stoneware and restarted her business for the charm bracelet promotion (she had not gone inactive - just wasn't engaged); 3 joined since I returned from Leadership! And I have 2 more that should qualify in May! Once those last 2 qualify I will have 6 active personal recruits with 5 of them joining in just the last couple months! I also have consultants that were recruited by my team because they are excited about their business (those also count as your first line until their recruiter promotes)! :cool:

This is just an example to ENCOURAGE YOU! If I can do it so can you! Don't want it so much that it hurts your business ~ Stay happy and excited, make it about THEM NOT YOU!!, ASK everyone - you never know! My newest recruit is over 60 and said she just wanted to do a catalog show once a month for the discount - she's a PC junkie ;) . She has 2 catalog and 2 kitchen shows scheduled in May and intends to qualify in MAY for the mid-season products. She is very excited about doing KITCHEN and bridal shows - you just never know! Don't NOT ask anyone!!

Additional comment to my last post:

I did have enough recruits last fall (after National Conference) to promote but all but one of them did not stick around, most not qualifying. I attribute that to my lack of involvement in their business. I would call or email them and tell them to let me know if they needed any help but that was about it.

NOW, I set up a weekly phone or in person meeting with new recruits (not optional) and we go over where they are and what to do next and answer their questions. I use the Training Super Starters booklet that you can get from PC. IT WORKS!!

It also helps that now they only need to do 4 shows - new people see that as much more attainable than 6. The great thing is that they ALL get at least 6-8 on their calendar anyway - I guess with the pressure off they find it easier...

Thanks for the advice and encouragment, Beth and Ginger! At my last show I started doing the thing where I set a timer for 5 mins and they get a ticket for asking a question about my job- I really think this will help generate interest. At least it builds in a chance for me to talk about it. When do you think is a good time in your shows to talk about your story? At the beginning? I will start including that.

noradawn said:
Thanks for the advice and encouragment, Beth and Ginger! At my last show I started doing the thing where I set a timer for 5 mins and they get a ticket for asking a question about my job- I really think this will help generate interest. At least it builds in a chance for me to talk about it. When do you think is a good time in your shows to talk about your story? At the beginning? I will start including that.

I tell my story during introductions at the beginning, put a few one liners in through the show and then at the end I give reasons others have started their business and say something like "While you may not be interested, you may know someone...." I then ask them to take my information and pass it on. I want them to walk away thinking about it. If not for themselves, then for someone else!

I set my goal at the beginning of this year that I wanted to be a director by conference. I recruited 3 girls in Feb, 3 girls in April, and I recruited another one today. I have had several other girls recruited in the past as well, 3 inactive, 2 stole the kit. :( , and i have one who wants to come back but, is getting her car repaired. So, from all of this it is just a matter of setting your mind to it and your goal and make it happen. I am still waiting on 3 girls to qualify this month, they each have 2 shows to go. So, I think they can handle that.

The key is to ask everyone, no matter who they are. Never pre-judge anyone. Another key is to WALK LIKE BILL BOARD SIGN!!! (wear pc clothes everywhere you go) That I would have to say has got me bookings, orders and recruits.

Good Luck! I know we can do it!!!

It took me 8 months. I really followed every lead and talked about the business at every show and called some ladies I knew that did not have jobs or were stay at home moms and I got a few that way. It is acheivable.

Ginger Phillips
Edgewood, Texas
903-896-7491
[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/gingerphillips

Stole the kit?I guess you can tell by my question that a I am new. I was wondering what you meant by they stole the kit. How does that happen and do you get charged for it.

Stole the kit means....That they signed the consultant agreement, paid their $90 and received their starter kit and paperwork. And then didn't do anything with it. Either didn't make the effort, or never intended to do their 4-6 shows in the first place. We call them 'kitnappers' but fortunately we do NOT get charged anything for them doing this.

1. How long did it take you to become a director?

The timeframe for becoming a director can vary greatly depending on individual circumstances. Factors such as education, experience, networking, and opportunity can all play a role in how quickly one can advance to a director position. Some may achieve this goal in a few years, while others may take several decades.

2. What steps did you take to become a director?

There is no set path to becoming a director, as it can differ based on industry and company. However, some common steps may include gaining relevant education and experience, networking and building relationships, taking on leadership roles, and continuously learning and improving skills.

3. Were there any obstacles or challenges you faced on your journey to becoming a director?

As with any career, there will likely be obstacles and challenges along the way. These could include competition for positions, lack of experience, or a slow job market. It's important to stay determined and adaptable in the face of challenges and continue working towards your goal.

4. How did you stay motivated and patient while working towards becoming a director?

Staying motivated and patient can be difficult, especially when progress may feel slow. It can be helpful to set smaller, achievable goals along the way, celebrate accomplishments, and remind yourself of your ultimate goal. Additionally, surrounding yourself with supportive and ambitious individuals can help keep you motivated.

5. What advice do you have for someone just starting out and eager to become a director?

My advice would be to stay persistent and determined, while also being open to new opportunities and experiences. Network and build relationships with others in your industry, and continuously work on developing your skills and knowledge. Don't be discouraged by setbacks, and remember that everyone's journey is unique. Keep your eyes on the end goal and stay dedicated to reaching it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedchef_vivian
Replies
Views
gingertannery
  • schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC