Sharpening Food Chopper blades

I have a customer who is wondering if there is a way to sharpen her Food Chopper blades. She told me after chopping bell peppers for the first time, the blades didn't seem to be as sharp. I searched on Chef Success for a tip, as well as on the PC site under "Use and Care," but was not successful. If anyone has a suggestion, or can tell me where to find more information, I would appreciate it.

Was it that they didn't work well on the bell peppers or that they didn't work well on anything else after that? I have found with bell peppers that the "skin" side needs to be up for best results.

This gal told me the peppers cut ok, but after that it seemed food items weren't chopping as well as before.

Tell her to take crushed ice and chop the blades on there it sharpens them really nicely!!

Crumple up a piece of aluminum foil and put it under there and chop away is what I was told, I was told DO NOT chop ice. If it is still under warranty send it back though, don't make her keep something that maybe defective.

The chopper has a 5 year warranty. Send it back!

Then sell her one of our cutting boards so it doesn't happen again.

I thought the blades were slightly serrated, so they wouldn't need to be sharpened?

I had someone ask me this at my last show (about sharpening the blades) , I told her that I had never had a problem with either one of mine and was at a cmplete loss as to how to even attempt to sharpen them. If it is still under warranty have her send it back without trying anything, that way she doesn't void the warranty.

I was told that those knife stores at the malls can sharpen ANYTHING! This was told to me when a customer asked about sharpening the APCS blade.

Since then I've heard that a specialty fabric store in our town also sharpens anything. Maybe there's a fabric store in your town that does the same.

I was told by my director to use Ice..... becasue it has sharp edges for the blades to grind through.. but if it is brand new and is having problems send it back..... that isn't right at all.

I actually had a customer tell me (and she swore it was true) that she got a sharpener from PC as like a replacement part. She said it wasn't in the catalog and was no bigger than a paring knife. Any ideas on where she might have gotten this? Thanks!
    Jen

Jen~

There used to be a sharpener with an older style food chopper. You can NOT use it on our current sharpener...we can NOT order these now either.

I think the aluminum foil idea would be worth a try. I have heard it is NOT reccommended to chop ice.

With all of these opposing ideas, I would call HO. Let us know what they say!

Quote Quote by catlwilles
    I thought the blades were slightly serrated, so they wouldn't need to be sharpened?
    I have NEVER heard this.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Food Chopper help please
    By susanr613 in Products and Tips
    Replies: 8
    12-12-2007, 05:11 PM
  2. Food Chopper
    By ChefMoore in Products and Tips
    Replies: 5
    11-28-2007, 09:33 AM
  3. ISO OLD Food Chopper
    By soinlove808 in Want to Buy
    Replies: 0
    11-27-2007, 05:15 PM
  4. Sharpening food chopper blade?
    By cookingwithjennifer@gmail in Products and Tips
    Replies: 4
    11-27-2006, 08:40 AM
  5. Why is our food chopper better than others?
    By AJPratt in Products and Tips
    Replies: 13
    05-17-2006, 08:56 AM