Like Tree24Likes

ROund Covered Baker!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Quote by monique64 View Post
    How long do you cook a chicken breast for? Fresh or Frozen? Thanks!
    You cannot put frozen chicken breasts directly in/on ANY stone! The recipes that use frozen chicken are "caserole" type, with rice and sauce, etc. If you put frozen chicken in the dcb or the rcb or any other stone, then cook, you will shock it and it will break.

Facebook:
    Visit
    I defrost frozed chicken breasts in my Mini-Baker all the time. I specifically defrost them first in the microwave on defrost. I have had no problems and have been doing this for years.

I halved the macaroni and cheese recipe and the RCB overflowed - and made quite a mess...I'm afraid the grilled chicken al fresco or jiffy cake would do the same thing. anyone else want to try?

I cooked turkey breasts in the RCB tonight... sprinkled with the dijon mustard rub and microwaved for about 12 min and they were perfect. I'm going to be playing around with this one a lot.
    Last edited by KateInTheKitchen; 02-10-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    priseortega likes this.

I made the quick bread for DCB in the RCB (halved ingredients)
    It turned out fantastic!!

Quote Quote by ShelbyMichalek View Post
    I made the quick bread for DCB in the RCB (halved ingredients)
    It turned out fantastic!!

It looks wonderful

That bread looks absolutely delicious.

I can't find the receipe....could someone re-post it please

Quote Quote by pkd09 View Post
    I can't find the recipe....could someone re-post it please
    This is originally from user "oracle" with my notes added from everyone's comments (in the Recipe Tips thread):

The quickest yeast bread you'll ever make. Warm, fresh, crusty on the outside and soft on the inside, delicious homemade bread in just over an hour and for about $1.

Ingredients:
    5-6 cups all-purpose flour (you can substitute whole wheat flour for 1 or 2 cups)
    2 tablespoons dry yeast (regular, NOT rapid rise, yeast) (OR 2 packets rapid)
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1 tablespoon salt
    2 cups hot water (120 to 130) Note: water temperature is critical to proper yeast activation - use PC instant read thermometer!

Directions:
    1. Grease the Deep Covered Baker and the bowl that you'll let the bread rise in. Set aside.
    2. Combine 4 cups of the flour, the yeast, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the hot water and three minutes with a mixer (or 100 stokes by hand). Add the remaining flour (I've never needed to add more than 1 cup) until the dough is no longer sticky. Knead the dough for 8 minutes on a floured surface, (4 minutes in the mixer) adding flour as needed to prevent sticking.
    3. Place the dough in the greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let rise 15 minutes. Remove dough to floured surface, punch or fold down (3 minutes should do it) and shape into a large loaf. Place the dough in deep covered baker.
    4. Cut a slit about 1/2 inch deep along the top of the loaf and several small slits on either side of the first slit. It will look a little like a branch with leaves when you are done.
    5. Put the lid on the baker and place in a COLD oven. Turn oven to 400 and bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover, gasp in amazement, remove loaf from baker to cool on a rack.
    (Make half a recipe in the Round Covered Baker.)
    Sushicue, CarolynnLee and Melodiem like this.

Thank you! My mouth is watering just looking at it

I think that photo will be my new desktop background. YUM.

I agree with Bobbi! That is one beautiful loaf of bread!!!

I made a cake in it last night and it was absolutely delicious! I used a white Jiffy cake mix, lemon frosting and zest of a lemon. Then made a glaze with powdered sugar and lemon juice. Only took 4 minutes in the microwave!!! I don't think it lasted much longer than that once my family tied into it!

Quote Quote by tammym View Post
    I made a cake in it last night and it was absolutely delicious! I used a white Jiffy cake mix, lemon frosting and zest of a lemon. Then made a glaze with powdered sugar and lemon juice. Only took 4 minutes in the microwave!!! I don't think it lasted much longer than that once my family tied into it!
    Wow! 4 minutes?! I wish I could find those Jiffy mixes here. I can never find anything other than corn muffin mix made by Jiffy. I usually just end up dividing a box mix in half. This sounds great, though! I'll have to try it!

Is is my favorite! Even better than the chocolate lava!

Did you turn it onto a dinner plate or serve it out of the RCB?

Quote Quote by babywings76 View Post
    Wow! 4 minutes?! I wish I could find those Jiffy mixes here. I can never find anything other than corn muffin mix made by Jiffy. I usually just end up dividing a box mix in half. This sounds great, though! I'll have to try it!
    Look for the Duncan Hines cupcake mixes instead. They are with the cake mixes, and usually towards the top shelf at my stores. But those are the same size as a Jiffy mix, and typically easier to find I have found.

I posted in the New Recipes thread that I want to try to make the lemon cherry crumble cake in the RCB by using a smaller cake mix. It would be perfect for a small family to avoid tons of leftovers!

I have made 2 cakes one the apple dump cake with the Jiffy yellow mix and it was done in 5 minutes and was awesome.
    I made the molten lava but after mixing the cake ingredients in the batter bowl I only poured in half with 3 med scoops if icing I liked it but want to try it with more icing My husband like it he had 2nds lol

Okay, I apologize in advance for being annoying :

But, just to clarify, you bought a Jiffy mix, mixed it according to the directions on the box, poured it in the RCB, plopped the frosting on (1/2 tub?), covered it and microwaved it for 4 minutes, THEN glazed it once it was done baking?

Yes, but I only used about 4 small scoops of the frosting. Makes it nice cause you can get about 3 cakes out of one tub this way. It was moist and really tasty.
    frozenchef and doughmama like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Round covered baker free in March?
    By Intrepid_Chef in Bookings
    Replies: 2
    02-08-2012, 12:39 AM
  2. Deep Covered Baker
    By Lisa/ChefBear in Products and Tips
    Replies: 10
    10-01-2009, 10:03 AM
  3. Rectangular baker or Deep Covered Baker