Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Pampered Chef Thread: Microwave Egg Cooker

Default Microwave Egg Cooker

For those who just left Spring Launch and have not had a chance to use this piece of stoneware....let me just say you are going to LOVE IT! I have been "playing" with mine for a week now.

Breakfast sandwiches....awesome!
    Omeletes....awesome!

Made a poached egg for the first time in my life....perfect!

Fried eggs in a piece of stoneware? Did it!

We had a PC Meeting last Monday after launch and were already discussing all the different uses for it.
    danajosephcole and baychef like this.
    Pat D

kam
    Did the use & care provide directions on how to cook poached eggs?
    Kathleen

The Use and Care shows the directions on all the different eggs including poached.
    Pat D

I'm quite excited about this! We have chickens, so do a lot of eggs, and I love the ability to throw together a quick breakfast on a weekday.

My daughter has been making her own breakfast every day this week! She normally just has a bowl of cereal because it's quick, so she's been loving this. I like that I don't have to worry about her using the stove. I've used it a bunch for making breakfast sandwiches. I toast a bagel and while that's going I make my egg w/ some cheddar cheese sprinkled on top and it's perfect! Yummy breakfast that keeps me satisfied till lunch.
    Amanda

/08amandak

On a side note, I have to laugh at the shape of this piece of stoneware. My husband thinks it looks like a cat food & water bowl. A little embarrassed to admit, but I think it's like a stoneware bra. lol
    Amanda

/08amandak

Quote Quote by babywings76 View Post
    Yummy breakfast that keeps me satisfied till lunch.
    YES. I was saying to my mom today that when I was being really successful with my weight loss, I was having an egg on toast every morning. I really think having some protein with breakfast was key for me.

Quote Quote by babywings76 View Post
    On a side note, I have to laugh at the shape of this piece of stoneware. My husband thinks it looks like a cat food & water bowl. A little embarrassed to admit, but I think it's like a stoneware bra. lol
    My first thought was dog dish, second thought was bra.

Yup, it's a coconut bra. Just add a grass skirt. I did say OMG to myself the first time I used it to make scrambled eggs. I remember as a kid back in the late 70s we got our first microwave and were so excited to make a scrambled egg in a styrofoam cup. It tasted like the styrofoam cup.

My son is Mr. Picky but has recently added scrambled eggs to his list of acceptable dinners. It's nice to just throw his eggs in the micro to cook while getting the rest of our dinners together. He would easily complain about taste or texture but he ate the whole thing. My breakfast that I've been doing in the small saute is some turkey sausage, cooked for a few minutes til done, break it up, add some egg whites, cook til done. About 5 minutes for more total. I divided the 2oz. of turkey sausage among the 2 wells of the egg cooker, micro for 45-60 seconds, drain the water, break it up (better to try breaking it up before cooking since the fork makes marks on the egg cooker), add the egg whites, micro another 1min. 30 sec. and done.

People have been so excited about bacon in the bar pan. I see this one going over well, too. My daughter likes the Jimmy Dean frozen breakfast sandwiches as a snack. They're expensive and full of sodium and fat. I'll have to see if there are frozen biscuits she can use and then she could cook all the rest of the parts in the micro as well.
    baychef likes this.
    [FONT="System"]Becca
    Director

Quote Quote by Becca_in_MD View Post
    I divided the 2oz. of turkey sausage among the 2 wells of the egg cooker, micro for 45-60 seconds, drain the water, break it up (better to try breaking it up before cooking since the fork makes marks on the egg cooker), add the egg whites, micro another 1min. 30 sec. and done.
    Use the Mix & Chop!
    martyskitchen likes this.

I could use the mix n chop but then I would have to clean it Also, I'm not sure it would work too well since it's a small amount of sausage and the cooker is curved so the mix n chop wouldn't go flush against the bottom.
    babywings76 likes this.
    [FONT="System"]Becca
    Director

Has anyone found any other uses for this? I don't like or eat EGGS! Please help me think of something else to cook in this.
    Sheila likes this.

I don't use a microwave at all at home & both of my children are allergic to eggs. I'd also be interested in other options for use!

Quote Quote by chefhat View Post
    Has anyone found any other uses for this? I don't like or eat EGGS! Please help me think of something else to cook in this.
    chocolate cake so you can make homemade Suzy Q's!
    Jane Suprise
    Independent Consultant

find me on Facebook www.facebook.com/JanesPowerhouse

Quote Quote by Becca_in_MD View Post
    Yup, it's a coconut bra. Just add a grass skirt. I did say OMG to myself the first time I used it to make scrambled eggs. I remember as a kid back in the late 70s we got our first microwave and were so excited to make a scrambled egg in a styrofoam cup. It tasted like the styrofoam cup.

My son is Mr. Picky but has recently added scrambled eggs to his list of acceptable dinners. It's nice to just throw his eggs in the micro to cook while getting the rest of our dinners together. He would easily complain about taste or texture but he ate the whole thing. My breakfast that I've been doing in the small saute is some turkey sausage, cooked for a few minutes til done, break it up, add some egg whites, cook til done. About 5 minutes for more total. I divided the 2oz. of turkey sausage among the 2 wells of the egg cooker, micro for 45-60 seconds, drain the water, break it up (better to try breaking it up before cooking since the fork makes marks on the egg cooker), add the egg whites, micro another 1min. 30 sec. and done.

People have been so excited about bacon in the bar pan. I see this one going over well, too. My daughter likes the Jimmy Dean frozen breakfast sandwiches as a snack. They're expensive and full of sodium and fat. I'll have to see if there are frozen biscuits she can use and then she could cook all the rest of the parts in the micro as well.
    just make Bisquick biscuits on a sunday and freeze em. take a few out and defrost when needed

google microwave mug cooking... You can make single serving cakes, brownies etc... I am thinking they would work in this as well. (quite a few on Pinterest)
    tiggerhale likes this.
    Started all over again in March 2011
    Team Leader April 2011
    Goal of Director by June 2012
    Accomplished 12/1/12!!!
    Sometimes you just have to track and adjust!

At our meeting we were also mentioning reheating of two different foods (great for leftovers), individual cakes/pies, pot pies for two, wonder how a cookies or brownie bowl would turn out....then add ice cream to it?
    KateInTheKitchen and baychef like this.
    Pat D

I loved it until I tried to poach an egg I poked the yoke twice with a fork, but the whole egg exploded in my microwave; what a mess!!! Obviously more poking is needed!!!!

I found adding more water helps to prevent exploding "fried" and poached eggs

Do you have to have something in both sides when you use it to prevent any thermal shock?
    gloriag likes this.

Register to reply

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Microwave rice cooker question...
    By Senkimekia in forum Products and Tips
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 02:15 PM
  2. ISO Rice Cooker and Micro Cooker recipes
    By Vicks in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-25-2007, 08:16 AM