Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pampered Chef Thread: I need Cookie Press help!

Default I need Cookie Press help!

How in the world do you use the Cookie Press? I got it to make Thanksgiving and Christmas cookies, today's my first day trying to use it and I can't do it. I've put the dough in it and squeeze the trigger twice, but the dough just stays there at the end. How is the dough suppose to come off the cookie press onto the backing stone? Are you suppose to cut it off? What am I doing wrong?

Please help!
    Donna

I haven't tried it but i know there are some great tips on here if you search under files. I have printed these off and passed on to everyone that has bought a cookie press and it seems to work.
    Freedom

"Life was so simple when boys had cooties."

"You can try your hardest, say and do everything, but sometimes people aren't worth trying over anymore. Remember who is."

Mine is still in the box. I would like to hear the answer too!
    ~Kristin~
    "previous pc consultant"

Attached is the recipe I always use... I've never had any problems with this recipe. DO NOT REFRIGERATE THE DOUGH! It will make it like cement and you'll never get it out! Also, be sure your butter is room temperature! Good luck!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's what you do.

Start by making the recipe that's in the Celebrate cookbook for all-occasion cookies. It is the one that taught me the temperature and consistancy that is needed. Do not chill the dough, in fact if it starts feeling stiff in the press (remove it from the press)and microwave it for a few seconds to bring the temperature back down. The consistancy needs to be like that of play dough. Once you get the feel of it you'll understand.

Recipe:

1 box white cake mix
    2 3/4 cups flour
    Combine and whisk to remove any lumps.

Melt 2 cubes of butter in microwave for 1 minute-1minute 15 seconds (until just melted. Cut 2 more cubes of butter into 1 Tbsp. pieces and stir into melted butter. Let sit 3-5 minutes and then stir to melt remaining butter until creamy. Stir into dry ingredients all at once. Knead until you have a paly dough consistancy. Fill cookie press 2/3 full (try a star shape until you are better at it - that kind of shape is easiest - I used #4). Press onto COOL stone. I then pressed remaining dough onto parchment so that I could do it when the dough was still the right temperature. Bake the cookies as directed.

I have not had a bit of a problem since I have done it this way. I have the recipe on my website if you need more details.
    Director
    ...on Chef Success since 1/21/05
    ...Pampered Chef Host for almost 20 years before joining but no one asked - I was a Home Office lead. ASK EVERYONE!

You have to keep clicking the trigger until the dough gets all the air pockets pressed out.
    The first few cookies are usually toss-backs, then the pressure gets even and they press out with just one click.

Here are some cookie-press files I have:
    Carolyn Kraham ~ Director, Florida
    ~~TPC in Personal Sales 2005/2006 and 2006/2007 and 2007/2008 and 2008/2009~~
    ~~Excellence Award in Personal Sales 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 and 2012/2013~~
    ~~Elite Seller~~
    Praying for Paige

Does anyone want a Cookie Press? It's easier for me to use cookie cutters! LOL I'll trade it for something.

Quote Quote by DMB75
    Does anyone want a Cookie Press? It's easier for me to use cookie cutters! LOL I'll trade it for something.
    Don't give it away yet! My fool proof recipe is the 3-ingredient peanutbutter recipe I found years ago. No mess, use med scoop to load. When you get it, you will be soooo happy! Don't use warm stone (parchment or 2nd stone after 1sdt batch)

Alright Susan

I'll give it a try next time I make cookies.

One of my guest at a show shared that she greases the inside of the press. Once she did that she nevers has any problems.

My problem is the dough doesn't come out of the press and onto the cookie sheet. Does the dough need to be runny so it just comes out? How do you get each cookie to nicely go onto the sheet? I've read the helpful instructions that people have posted, but my cookies still don't come apart into nice little cookies. I had to use a knife to cut each cookie away and I know that's not what you are suppose to do.

I'm going to try a couple of the recipes that people have posted. But I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe and it didn't work at all.

Make sure you have the disc in facing the right direction - that will definintely affect how the dough pulls off.

The dough shouldn't be runny, but it's definitely soft.

Post Slut level RAINBOW since 10/23/2007

The opinions expressed in this post are those of Ann Szwarc, and do not reflect the opinions of The Pampered Chef® or Chef Success. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited. Proper attire please. We are trained professionals; do not attempt this at home.

I'd think that a sugar cookie recipe may be too thick. It's been a while since I made spritzes (which is what they usually term cookies that come from a press - I still have an old fashioned tin press) but it's a different consistency and once you get it, they press really well. Temperature of dough and pan are key though... but once you get the rhythm going they're downright fun!
    ~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~
    Lisa Prescott
    Independent Consultant

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them" - Asimov

start out with a peanut butter cookie recipe. since it's stickier you should have less problems. make sure the stone isn't too warm, i've had issues with that in the past. i love, love, love my cookie press. i use it at least once a month, so i wish you luck!

I also have the problem of the dough not coming off the press. Should I chill a stone to put my parchment on and use a different one to bake on? Would that help it to stick to the pachment and not the press?

Thanks for all these tips. I have fought with my press for years and HATE it...I have alot of customers who love it and lots more interested in it and it's hard for me to sell since I haven't had success with it, it drives me crazy. But I am not ready to give up! I will try these tips and hope I fall in love

This is my page, I've had a lot of trouble also. I'm going to try again with the tips on here. It's hard for me to sell something I'm not happy with. I want everyone to love it as much as I believe it, or I don't sell it.

Make sure you have the disc in facing the right direction - that will definintely affect how the dough pulls off.
    Oh, yeah I forgot. This step is key. If you look at the discs, they have angles like scissor blades also have. If they are inserted backwards, it doesn't work.

My Cookie Press just came in the mail yesterday and I was so excited to use it. Now I'm hesitant. I hope I have good luck with it! Thanks for all the tips.

Tina

Register to reply

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. ISO Cookie Press
    By itsjustCarla in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 06:15 PM
  2. Cookie Press Cookie Recipe
    By ChefJesssica in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 02:13 PM