Help! My Deep Covered Baker wont come clean

Hi guys. I made Mexican Chickan Lasagna in my DCB and even though I rinsed it right away, I cannot get the red sauce to come out! I have been scrapping and cleaning it for two days and it wont come out. I have a show tonight to make the Rocky Road Brownie Dessert and I am terrified it wont taste right! Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Sarah

I believe one of the selling points of our stoneware is that you won't get any taste from previously cooked/baked items. For example, you can make fish and then make cookies without any problem. It should be fine.

Try a baking soda paste.

The red sauce does that. It will discolor the lid to the Food Chopper too when guests drop it in the bowl of sauce where the tortillas were dipped. I had to buy a new lid!

Don't worry about the color inside the DCB, it won't affect the flavor of the next food. It's fine. BUT, for future reference, get the 10 oz cans, and use 2 green & 1 red. It's MUCH better than all red. (Just don't use all 30 oz, as it will be a bit runny.)

bake something in it for your family, the red will come out when you use it 1-2 times. Mine gets a red stain when I do the Autumn Apple Cherry crisp.

You guys are the best!! I did the baking soda vinegar mix and it came out and no longer smells like red sauce. Phew what a relief.

[QUOTE=Sheila;820664]The red sauce does that. It will discolor the lid to the Food Chopper too when guests drop it in the bowl of sauce where the tortillas were dipped. I had to buy a new lid!

I just use straight dishwasher detergent on stained plastics. (like tea in my QSP and tomato on my chopper) Wear gloves if you have sensitive skin. Dab some on a sponge or wet paper towel and the stain wipes right off.

Now for the stoneware, I use a baking soda paste.

I keep the little quick dissolve tabs. I don't even have the liquid in my house. Guess I'll have to consider buying some! LOL Thanks for the tip!

Sheila - use the quick dissolve tabs with 1/4 cup water. Presto; you have liquid dishwasher soap.

I rub fresh lemon on white plastics to remove stains. I would do that with salt added to it to remove a stain from stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Deep Covered Baker
    By otisbg in Chef's Lounge
    Replies: 20
    01-24-2011, 02:20 PM
  2. Rectangular baker or Deep Covered Baker
    By Lifeat50 in Increasing Sales
    Replies: 6
    06-25-2009, 02:16 PM
  3. Deep Covered Baker
    By enjoy2cook2 in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 45