Pampered Chef Thread: Gluten-Free Products

Default Gluten-Free Products

Hello All!

I had a client ask which of our products were gluten free. Not sure if anyone else has had clients ask before but I was able to get a complete list of our panty products and whether or not they were gluten free from the Test Kitchen. Just wanted to share...
    Attached Files Attached Files

TFP - This is great!

Thanks for sharing. I just had a lady ask me this at my last show, now I can forward this to her!

Now we need an update for the new items as well, if possible?

THANKS so much for all the work you did!!

If this can get updated for Sept. with the new products that would be awesome!

Lisa
    Lisa
    Independent Pampered Chef Consultant
    PA
    /chefbear

When I asked the Test Kitchen two years ago (or three) they told me that NONE of our items were guaranteed to be gluten free because of the manufactures we use and the fact that they make many spices/combos. If you are seriously Celiac I would NOT recommend any of our products. Somewhere on CS is the exact email I got from them.
    Darlene
    Senior Consultant

Quote Quote by darlinclem View Post
    When I asked the Test Kitchen two years ago (or three) they told me that NONE of our items were guaranteed to be gluten free because of the manufactures we use and the fact that they make many spices/combos. If you are seriously Ciliac I would NOT recommend any of our products. Somewhere on CS is the exact email I got from them.
    This info is still correct. None of our products are packaged in a certified gluten-free facility, so for someone who is Celiac, it's better to not use them. But then, unless gluten has never touched any of your tools/stones/cookware, Celiacs should not be eating the food you prepare either.

And now, the catalog descriptions of all of the pantry items lists any allergens they may contain, including gluten, soy, dairy, nuts.....So it's very simple to just point it out in the catalog. No need for a separate list!
    Becky D.
    Director!

This is what I received from PC Test Kitchens on 13 April 2007:

Hello Darlene. The vanilla and oils are Gluten Free.

Our pantry spices are all Gluten-Free EXCEPT for Sweet & Smoky Barbecue
    Rub & Asian Seasoning Mix.

Please note that our spice vendor has strict sanitation procedures in
    place to prevent cross-contamination. However, they do not test for
    gluten presence. That being said, we cannot guarantee that there are no
    trace elements of gluten in our other spice products.

The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens

I only harp on this and post because my dad's wife is Celiac and can get SERIOUSLY ill if she eats anything with wheat (and this includes cross contamination). I don't use my stoneware when they visit (thank goodness we came out with our other line!). I even gave her some stoneware pieces that she loves and keeps separate from their "before diagnosis" stoneware (which my dad still uses when cooking for himself or others).
    Darlene
    Senior Consultant

Thanks, darlinclem, for your post about the stoneware. I keep forgetting to ask the Home Office if stoneware harbors gluten. From your post, it sounds like it can. I'm currently trying to eat gluten-free because I did it for a week and didn't have any headaches, so now I think I could have an allergy.

Have you suggested your Step-Mom utilize the "stone in oven during cleaning cycle" process? I know it isn't Home Office approved, but it will restore the stoneware to like new condition.

Thanks so much. Searching for this just today... What a relief!
    I am making a dessert for some customers/hostesses who will be visiting tomorrow and I needed to know this NOW!
    Last edited by Rosemarie1; 08-25-2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: emoticon did not show correctly

Register to reply

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Gluten Free
    By amybee in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 08:21 AM
  2. Replacing products for gluten free living
    By Jill092375 in forum Products and Tips
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 05:54 PM
  3. Gluten Free Products on Stoneware
    By pc_cindy in forum Products and Tips