Fixing one of the scoops

Hi all!

I thought I saw directions on how to fix the small, medium and large scoop during the past couple of days, but now I can not find them. If anyone has them, would you please direct me to the correct posting or add them again. I have a customer with a broken scoop that is out of warranty.

Thanks!
    Lisa

RachelNguyen
    I am bumpting this up and hoping someone answers because this seems to be an ongoing problem with the scoops. I broke mine the first time I used it. My host this week has to return one she has only used a couple of times. I know WHY it happens, now. It comes from squeezing the handle while you are scooping. Now I am really careful not to do that and my new one has been fine.

1. To take a pair of pliers and bend the little keeper metal at the bottom of the handle back just
    far enough so you can adjust the ratchet. This is the piece at the very bottom that keeps
    the ratchet piece from coming out.
    2. Then you move the ratchet piece (with the teeth) off of the ratchet wheel to the place where
    the medal swing inside the scoop is back into position.
    3. Once there you have to bend the keeper back into place. You want to get it as snug as you
    can so that it doesn't come out of alignment again.

I have not tried to fix any scoops, so I cannot say if the directions work. However, they are worth a try.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Large scoops
    By ameliasurf in Products and Tips
    Replies: 4
    01-28-2008, 05:45 PM
  2. ISO recipes using the 3 scoops
    By Kitchen Diva in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 10
    11-30-2007, 01:37 PM