Decorator Bottle Set?

I don't own this set, but a customer wanted to know if they are difficult to squeeze. Is the plastic really hard...what do you think???

I'm an avid cake decorater myself so I decided to buy these and check them out. A friend also recommended them to me. I figured hey why not I'll try them out. I do NOT recommend them at all. They are hard to fill, hard to squeeze the top and tips pop off all the time. I much prefer my bags to them. That is the experience I've had with them. Perhaps someone else has more insight.

I have never had any luck with bags and LOVE my decorator bottle set!! I think they are not hard to fill at all (I use a butter knife), they are very easy to squeeze, I have never had my tops pop off. Plus, I thought they would be hard to clean, but the enclosed brush makes it super easy. I sell lots of these and my customers love them also!!!

Oh forgot, the plastic is not hard plastic. You squeeze from the bottom, pushing it down and it "gives" easy.

I like them, and have also used traditional piping bags many times before. I don't find them hard to clean and I think they're great for kids' small hands as well as novice decorators who just want to give their treats a little flair.

I love this product.... I have never had a problem with the top coming off. I find them very easy to squeeze, and clean! I think if you are of of those people who can work a bag thats great but I'm not so I use the bottles. I put the frosting in a ziplock & cut the corner to fill bottles fast and easy!

I fill them like Jenni said, so they are easy to fill.

Pastry bags may be "easier" or you are able to fill them with more icing at a time, but they are NOT kid friendly...nor are they friendly to a novice decorator. These bottles are! When they first came out, my DSS helped me decorate an easter egg cake and had a ball! He was able to use them very easily!

My tip- don't let the icing sit in them. When you are done, squeeze as much icing out of the bottle as you can, then run REALLY HOT tap water into them and let sit. Most of it will dissolve and come right out. The small amount that doesn't will come clean with the swish of the brush and soapy water!

They are made "accordian like" so you squeeze down and they fold up on themselves to push the icing out. Very easy!

I don't think they are hard to use, and they are easy to clean. But I also think that if someone is really into cake decorating, than these would be frustrating.

For children, they are perfect! I used them for a cookie decorating show I did as a fundraiser for a Brownie Troop, and those girls had a ball using them!

I have them & I love them. I do a lot of cake decorating & find the bottles are so much easier on my hand than a pastry bag. I sell a ton of these. They are great for kids, but also for people with arthritic hands as the squeeze so easily.
    I fill mine as Jenni does (ziploc). Super easy to clean.

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate it!

I LOVE my decorator bottles. I really like them for kids, or even older people with arthritis is their hands. They are very easy to squeeze and I just use my small spreader to fill them and it is really easy once you get into a rhythm!

I love these too -- and I use them for a lot more than icing. We put caramel or chocolate in them for drizzling over desserts, or dips for making pretty garnishes on appetizers.

I didn't ask the question but I was comming on here to do that, thanks for the advice and letting me know the good &bad points. I wanted them for a kids cooking class so I am glad to know they are good for kids to use. Thanks!

Facebook:
    Visit
    Twitter:
    Visit
    In my opinion this is another of those products that's just not for everyone. Here's what I tell customers who ask about them:

I love them. They're easy to use and to clean. Now, if you're an accomplished decorator who loves using parchment or decorator bags, this may not be the product for you. Most of us aren't, though, and my customers love the Decorator Bottle Set.

The first time I tried them I was not pleased. But when I discovered the way to fill them using the baggies as Jenni and Kelly recommended, I changed my mind. Last week I took cupcakes to my PC/baby shower show for the guests to decorate.

We used the spreaders to frost the cupcakes; then we decorated them using the bottles. Everyone loved them! I took white and pink frosting and they were adorable decorated! I also took some chocolate frosting in the EAD for those chocolate lovers. The guests decorated their own cupcake. Even the teenage girls came back to decorate more!

One note: I would not recommend doing a PC baby shower--very few guests ordered. I guess they figure they are already bringing a gift and don't want to spend any more money. But, I have been kicking around the idea of doing a cupcake show!

I love my set!! They are easy to fill. A little awkward but easy none the less. My 5 year old son had no trouble squeezing out the icing and clean up is a snap. I put them in the dishwasher (top rack) with a glass over top so they don't get blown out of position from the water pressure. Works like a charm. I use them all the time.

Good luck to you!

Quote Quote by rachelmaxine View Post
    I love my set!! They are easy to fill. A little awkward but easy none the less. My 5 year old son had no trouble squeezing out the icing and clean up is a snap. I put them in the dishwasher (top rack) with a glass over top so they don't get blown out of position from the water pressure. Works like a charm. I use them all the time.

Good luck to you!
    Good tip. Thanks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. How to Sell the Decorator Bottle Set
    By IAmChefJ in Products and Tips
    Replies: 14
    06-05-2008, 08:45 AM
  2. Decorator Bottle Set
    By muffetts in Products and Tips
    Replies: 9
    02-04-2008, 11:18 PM
  3. What tips come with the Decorator Bottle Set?
    By DMB75 in Products and Tips
    Replies: 5
    07-29-2007, 02:13 PM
  4. ISO: Decorator Bottle Set
    By tashayoung in Want to Buy
    Replies: 0
    11-29-2006, 01:57 PM
  5. Decorator Bottle Set?
    By chefsara in Products and Tips
    Replies: 0
    10-29-2006, 04:13 PM