Collapsible bowls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I love my bowls but they stain. I put watermelon in the large bowl and I can't get the red out. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to get this out?

A while back when these first came out, some people were making the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad in them and noticing that the ketchup stained it. HO sent out an email stating that some things will stain them. So, it seems to be a pretty common occurrence (and a silly one if you ask me, especially given the price of these bowls!).

As far as how to get them out, I'm afraid I'm no help.

Same thing happened to mine with the watermelon and I haven't been able to take the stains. I also would like to know what to do.

Have you tried a fine, bleach spray mist? Haven't tried it in the bowls....but use it with the chopper and cutting boards all the time!

I don't have the bowls, but I've found that my bowls that I have that do stain, I've used a paste made of baking soda and water and scrubbed. That's the only thing that's worked for me. )-: Good luck.

I wonder if a Magic Eraser would work on this?

Quote Quote by pampchefsarah View Post
    That's a good idea!

Thank you so much everyone! I will try and let you know how it turns out!

Put it out in the sun! It's a miracle worker!

Also if you take dishwasher detergent (the liquid kind) and spread it onto the stained areas and let it dry, then scrub it off that has worked for me.

Items for Sale
    Quote Quote by Humble Beginnings View Post
    I love my bowls but they stain. I put watermelon in the large bowl and I can't get the red out. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to get this out?
    I believe HO said that Cascade makes some kind of plastic cleaner that can be used on them. I think it was originally made for stained Tupperware.

JAE
    Quote Quote by cochef View Post
    I believe HO said that Cascade makes some kind of plastic cleaner that can be used on them. I think it was originally made for stained Tupperware.
    Yep. I've never purchased it, and I've never looked for it. I need some for a one of the bowls in the colander and bowl set. Hopefully, it's still in the stores.

Mine are stained as well. What's even worse is that I made Pico de Gallo and stored it in the small one and the thing smells awful now. Everytime I take it out to show people at a a show, I'm completely grossed out by the smell, so now I use it for a garbage bowl.

Quote Quote by pampchefsarah View Post
    I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to put the chemicals that are in Magic Erasers on a surface where I eat. It could be hazardous...

just my opinion though....

Quote Quote by TheNewMrsRue View Post
    I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to put the chemicals that are in Magic Erasers on a surface where I eat. It could be hazardous...

just my opinion though....
    I thought the whole premise of a Magic Eraser was that it didn't have chemicals?

Quote Quote by NooraK View Post
    I thought the whole premise of a Magic Eraser was that it didn't have chemicals?
    snopes.com: Dangerous Chemicals in Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

Be sure to read all the way to the end!

Quote Quote by ChefBeckyD View Post
    snopes.com: Dangerous Chemicals in Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

Be sure to read all the way to the end!
    Thank you, that is VERY good to know!

Use and Care

* Wash prior to first use. Lid is hand wash only. Bowl is dishwasher-safe. Do not dishwash in collapsed position.
    * To open, lift up on rim and press down on center of bowl. Fill bowl as desired. Snap lid onto bowl.
    * Not intended to be used as a mixing bowl.
    * When transporting, do not place other items on lid. Lid cannot support additional weight.
    * Lid also fits when bowl is collapsed. Smaller amounts of leftovers can be covered and refrigerated in collapsed position.
    * The Collapsible Bowl was designed for outdoor entertaining to be used with foods such as fruit or vegetable salads, dips and chips, which are typically served cold. It is not intended for use of hot or warm foods such as soup, pasta or chili.
    * Certain foods, such as tomato or watermelon, may stain the green band. To remove staining or odors, apply white distilled vinegar with a soft cloth; rinse and dry completely.
    * Use in collapsed position for serving layered dips, fill outer area with chips!
    * Three-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details.

I think they also told us to store them with the lid off to help prevent stains and smells,

Thanks Cincy! I use vinegar for everything to clean with. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Quote Quote by cochef View Post
    The product that HO recommends has been discontinued by Cascade. I informed HO last winter when I was trying to remove a curry stain from my Chefs Tools Ladle. (I tried almost every kitchen cleaner product that had bleach - even bleach w/water. Never got it out all the way out.)

Recently I let a host put a pasta salad in my 8 qt Collapsible bowl for a Wedding Shower and the pepperoni? or tomato? stained the green. I tried the white vinegar and thought it was a joke. I finally got most of the stain lifted by using Soft Scrub with Bleach. I hated to use bleach on the bowl, but I didn't like the stains.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Collapsible Bowl
    By Trish in Texas in Products and Tips
    Replies: 2
    09-26-2009, 08:30 PM
  2. Collapsible Bowls Discolored!
    By letscook04 in Products and Tips
    Replies: 2
    07-24-2009, 08:16 PM
  3. Collapsible bowls in the fall?
    By fun2cook2 in Customer Care & Service