Pampered Chef Thread: Chillzanne Bowl

Default Chillzanne Bowl

I have a coworker who has brought in a Chillzanne Bowl that has cracked and bubbled up on the inside. I tried looking up the use and care on CC but it's no longer there since it's been discontinued. Can anyone tell me whether or not it is dishwasher safe and how long the guarantee is? I'm trying to determine whether or not she can get a new one.

Thanks!
    Keith

No, it's not dishwasher safe. It has a 3-year warranty.
    Blessings!
    Rae Bates

"I am not a psychologist. Anything said here that seems the least bit psychological, I probably made it up. Anything that seems psycho is all me."--Anita Renfroe
    I blog at www.mommabates.wordpress.com. It's not fantastic, but I'm having fun.

Quote Quote by raebates View Post
    No, it's not dishwasher safe. It has a 3-year warranty.
    Thanks so much! My guess is that it was put in the dishwasher.

My pleasure. You're probably right about the dishwasher. People get so used to just throwing everything in, they don't stop to think.
    Blessings!
    Rae Bates

"I am not a psychologist. Anything said here that seems the least bit psychological, I probably made it up. Anything that seems psycho is all me."--Anita Renfroe

Is it the large or the small one?

I have a large one that I got for myself but have never used (and don't think I will). It is still in the box, the only thing that is not perfect is the use and care instructions, which have a slight wrinkle and a couple of drips on the top sheet from being on my counter when I first got it, but really doesn't look bad, just not perfect.

Actually, it's a good thing I looked at the U & C, because It says it CAN go in the dishwasher!

And I quote: "Wash prior to first use; dishwasher safe when placed away from the heating element".

Who'd a thunk... I always figured that was a no-no too.
    Annabel VN - SAHM of Abbie (5), Luke (4) and Chloe (2)
    FINALLY HAVE STARTED my PC Business! Thank you to all of you for your info and insight
    Psalm 121 "I lift my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of Heaven and earth."

Actually it IS dishwasher safe. I was shocked to find that out about a year or so ago.
    Director
    ...on Chef Success since 1/21/05
    ...Pampered Chef Host for almost 20 years before joining but no one asked - I was a Home Office lead. ASK EVERYONE!

Oops! Annie & I posted at the same time.
    Director
    ...on Chef Success since 1/21/05
    ...Pampered Chef Host for almost 20 years before joining but no one asked - I was a Home Office lead. ASK EVERYONE!

I have no idea if it's a large or small one. I've never seen any Chillzane products except the rectangular server in person. So it IS dishwasher safe...that changes it then. I'll have to talk to my coworker. My guess is that it's more than 3 years old anyway. I'm sure she won't know when she got it.

How could I have forgotten that they're dishwasher safe? Duh! I don't put them in the dishwasher because it's usually pretty easy to quickly wash them up.

Sorry I gave you bogus info, Keith.
    Blessings!
    Rae Bates

Quote Quote by leftymac View Post
    I have no idea if it's a large or small one. I've never seen any Chillzane products except the rectangular server in person. So it IS dishwasher safe...that changes it then. I'll have to talk to my coworker. My guess is that it's more than 3 years old anyway. I'm sure she won't know when she got it.
    Okay - here is the way to tell how old it is!

If you look on PC products, on most of them there is what looks to be a little clock face. Except instead of telling time by the hour, it tells the month and year it was made. The big hand is the month and the small hand is the year. This will at least give you a ballpark figure of when it was made/purchased.

I just checked, and my Chillzanne has this on it.
    Becky D.
    Director!

Quote Quote by ChefBeckyD View Post
    Okay - here is the way to tell how old it is!

If you look on PC products, on most of them there is what looks to be a little clock face. Except instead of telling time by the hour, it tells the month and year it was made. The big hand is the month and the small hand is the year. This will at least give you a ballpark figure of when it was made/purchased.

I just checked, and my Chillzanne has this on it.
    I was wondering what that clock face was! Anyway, she decided herself (before I knew about the clockface) that it was older than 3 years and just threw it out.

They are NOT microwave safe! My BIL learned the hard way when he tried to put my sister's in the microwave. It bubbled slightly in a few spots but one spot completely burst open. It then became the cat's water dish.

See? Now you've got me wondering why anyone would put a bowl that's made to be frozen in the microwave.
    Blessings!
    Rae Bates

So, was it a large one, and does she want to replace it ?
    FINALLY HAVE STARTED my PC Business! Thank you to all of you for your info and insight
    Psalm 121 "I lift my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of Heaven and earth."

Quote Quote by AnnieBee View Post
    So, was it a large one, and does she want to replace it ?
    I believe it was a small one. It looked to be about a 2 qt size, maybe a little smaller.

Hmmm, the large one is 12 cups/ 3Litres. Not sure about the small one. Anyone else know?
    Last edited by AnnieBee; 01-19-2009 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Quote by AnnieBee View Post
    Hmmm, te large one is 12 cups/ 3Litres. Not sure about the small one. Anyone else know?
    The small one is only 2 cups.
    Becky D.
    Director!

Thanks Becky

The use and care guide says the chillzanne bowls are dishwasher safe, so when I moved into my new house 2 years ago with my very fist dishwasher, I, of course, threw my small chillzanne bowl in there. I think the first time it was fine, then after that it started to get a "pregnant" welp in the bottom of it. That was before I was a consultant and just pitched the thing. Now I have two small ones that I rotate out as cereal bowls! I used to take it to shows, before the line was discountinued, with the BLT dip. Anyway, in my opinion they are not dishwasher safe and only hand wash mine now.

Register to reply

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. ISO small chillzanne bowl
    By jcwarr in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 02:02 PM
  2. Chillzanne Large Bowl - will it ever come?
    By AnnieBee in forum Products and Tips
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 11:16 AM
  3. mini chillzanne bowl?
    By KellyTheChef in forum Customer Care & Service
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 03:16 PM
  4. Chillzanne bowl
    By Geekgirl69 in forum Products and Tips
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 10:03 AM
  5. Chillzanne insert bowl