Like Tree77Likes

Ceramic Cookware - Sell me on why

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Facebook:
    Visit
    Twitter:
    Visit
    I have had too many hosts disappointed when they don't reach the higher levels. I am as proud of a $300 host as I am of a $500 host or a $650 host.

But the new line does give them more options than just two saute pans, which is how the special was originally presented. The flyer says "seven choices." Is the detailed flyer up on CC yet?

All Sept hosts can choose from any of the 8" or 10" sauté pans, Executive, Stainless or Ceramic.

ETA: They can also choose the nylon tool set valued at $44 - so both the basic and specialty put together.

Here's the flyer - page two has the details. It is up on cc as is the Oct special. https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/...hwcookware.pdf
    Last edited by BethCooks4U; 08-09-2012 at 06:21 AM.
    Jillmami likes this.

Found this in a store tonight here in my backyard from a canadian company. Scroll down to the ceramic pan that is on sale for $34.99, dishwasher safe and 25 year warranty. It's going to be a hard sell for me when it's right at the store next door. Here is the link https://paderno.com/can/specials.php#

Facebook:
    Visit
    Quote Quote by esavvymom View Post
    So is it safe to say that the things I'd use my non-stick Executive 12" skillet...I could use the 11" white ceramic skillet for? I know it's an 1" smaller, but looks just as deep. (I haven't read through everything yet...still working on it).

I noticed it was part of the September Host special. I have a show this week, and I was going to feature the Skillet Lasagna recipe for Busy Moms....and wanted to make sure if I said you can get "this skillet for $91, or an all new ceramic skillet for $40 when you host your own show next month!" (or something like it.)
    My non-PC lifetime guarantee cookware has an 11" skillet. I didn't buy ours until a few months ago... (the other set requires I send various pieces back about every three years due to bubbling and flaking, it's costing me a small fortune in shipping...) I was amazed at how much larger that 1" really is. Yes, the 12" recipes will work in the 11" (done that many times), BUT it will be tight. You'll have to be fairly careful when stirring or you will have a mess to clean up.

Question: Has anyone tried to put their white ceramic pan in the dishwasher? I'm fully aware that Pampered Chef says that it is not dishwasher safe...but...I put a lot of PC products in the dishwasher that are not "dishwasher safe" and they come out fine. Any idea what would happen with the white ceramic cookware in the dishwasher?

Other than voiding the warranty, the metal rim on the edge may get discolored. If the pan comes in contact with any metal in the dishwasher, it may leave a gray streak on it. And most likely the easy release feature would be compromised.

Quote Quote by Chef Gilles View Post
    Found this in a store tonight here in my backyard from a canadian company. Scroll down to the ceramic pan that is on sale for $34.99, dishwasher safe and 25 year warranty. It's going to be a hard sell for me when it's right at the store next door. Here is the link https://paderno.com/can/specials.php#
    I really hate when that happens.

Quote Quote by lt1jane View Post
    My non-PC lifetime guarantee cookware has an 11" skillet. I didn't buy ours until a few months ago... (the other set requires I send various pieces back about every three years due to bubbling and flaking, it's costing me a small fortune in shipping...) I was amazed at how much larger that 1" really is. Yes, the 12" recipes will work in the 11" (done that many times), BUT it will be tight. You'll have to be fairly careful when stirring or you will have a mess to clean up.
    At our meeting this month, my NED was using the 11" ceramic skillet, and then pulled out her 12" exec. I compared the size. Obviously 1" less in diameter, but it seemed to be deeper than the exec by a bit. So maybe that would help.

It's definitely deeper so volume wise it seems about the same as our 12" skillets. My DH loves the deeper sides.

I have all of them except the 10" sauté (getting that on a Sept show) and we are using them exclusively and so far are very impressed. I have even left tomato based and sticky bean messes in them over night. Next day I filled with hot soapy water and a few minutes later wiped them clean with a sponge. Back to new.
    esavvymom and Amanda_RI like this.

The deep cleaning method is on the Use and Care sheet with the pan. It is basically water and baking soda into a paste and use on pan. I believe it has to sit for a few minutes also.

Here is an ad about the Martha Stewart Ceramic Cookware being sold in Macy's. I may use some of the wording, except for the "lifetime warranty". I think PC is gunshy to offer lifetime anymore.

Embrace a healthier approach to prepping your favorite dishes. Ceramic nonstick interiors and aluminum bodies promote low-fat to no-fat cooking with quick release surfaces that evenly heat food and clean up quick. The classic straight-sided shapes keep messes and spills inside the pan, and riveted stainless steel handles provide a secure, confident grip. Lifetime warranty.

Facebook:
    Visit
    Quote Quote by gailz2 View Post
    HI think PC is gunshy to offer lifetime anymore.
    And with good reason. I own the 11-piece Scanpan Lifetime Guarantee Titanium-Ceramic set. I have replaced them with the PC Executive line. Why? Because after 3 years of daily use, they bubble, flake and start to stick. (sticking occurs in the spots that no longer have the ceramic coating.) Yes, they do replace them, (I have sent them in THREE times since 2003 when they were purchased, roughly every 3 years) but I am tired of spending my money on shipping every three years to replace cookware that should last a lot longer than that. PC's ceramic cookware is less expensive than what I own, but with a 3-year warranty, it tells you that while the cookware is good, it won't last forever.
    raebates likes this.

Please note that the ceramic cookware has a MAX temperature recommendation of MEDIUM heat! I'm a little puzzled by this... especially since there are pots and pans that would presumably be used to boil water or make soup, etc. I am excited about the look and easy-release features of the ceramic, as well as the fact that I have a lot of customers who fear non-stick (I'm in California, after all), but how can I recommend a cookware product that shouldn't be used to boil water???

Quote Quote by ShorelineChef View Post
    how can I recommend a cookware product that shouldn't be used to boil water???
    You can boil water on a medium heat, it just takes a little longer.
    Tracy99 likes this.

Quote Quote by chefjeanine View Post
    You can boil water on a medium heat, it just takes a little longer.
    It really doesn't take longer as the pan heats up faster.

In the PIG under technical/safety/cleaning tips, it says prolonged use at higher heat settings will void the guarantee. It then goes on to say high heat: boiling and reducing liquids only. Once you get your water to a boil you should reduce the heat. This applies to all cookware that I'm aware of. You only need high heat to boil water.

Just found this discussion. How do you respond to someone who says the pans are just to expensive. I explained that ours have a warranty and are good quality tools. Should I be saying something else?

I LOVE all of my New Ceramic Cookware!!

Facebook:
    Visit
    Twitter:
    Visit
    My response is, "For the quality, they are a great bargain. However, I could never have afforded to buy them at full price. (Then again, I rarely pay full price for anything.) Most of my customers get their cookware for half-price when they host a party."

Quote Quote by naekelsey View Post
    Just found this discussion. How do you respond to someone who says the pans are just to expensive. I explained that ours have a warranty and are good quality tools. Should I be saying something else?

I LOVE all of my New Ceramic Cookware!!
    Besides the obvious about hosting a show to get them free or during a 60% off month, one person explained it this way. I buy the 12" skillet and lid for $197 full price. (actually, I'd do a catalog show- buy the skillet, then get the lid at discount! but that's beside the point). $197. I have had my current skillet for almost 4 years now. That's $50 a year. It has a lifetime warranty. So assume I have that pan for 20 years! I will have paid $10 per year for my pan. You can't buy cheap crap from Target or Walmart for THAT! And you risk the flakes of Teflon, the scratches, the wobble warp, and all of the things we HATE about the cheap cookware.

"Cars are expensive, but don't you find it worth it to invest in something safe and practical for your family, versus just something that gets you from point A-to point B (maybe?) "

My point is- breaking it down into the dollars per year, assuming a long prosperous life with that pan (if they take care of it), it is NOT expensive. (And if they get it half price as a host, it's even cheaper than the $10 per year!)

It's an investment. It is not the cookware from Walmart. If they are looking at comparable products with similar warranty, they will pay similar prices. We at least have 32 years of Customer Service and a company that isn't going anywhere behind it also.

Thank you. She isn't hosting a party & just wanted to try one of the New Ceramic Cookware. This will probably not help with her but LOVE the break down option!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. A great way to sell cookware...
    By cathyskitchen in Increasing Sales
    Replies: 6
    02-19-2008, 10:02 PM
  2. Need to sell more cookware?
    By pcchris in Increasing Sales
    Replies: 17
    04-19-2007, 11:39 PM
  3. I need to sell cookware tonight!
    By Christa in Increasing Sales