Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pampered Chef Thread: bacon in stoneware?

Default bacon in stoneware?

I thought I read somewhere that you can bake bacon on stonewear in the oven. Is this true? Easy? Does it make a mess? Does the stone taste like bacon? My sister wants to buy one if this product is a good for bacon, Thanks!

It is soooo easy! The stone won't hold in the flavor. Like it won't for other things either. That is the only way I do bacon now!

I use the large bar pan for it and you don't have to flip it or anything. Just great tasting and crispy!

I LOVE doing bacon in the bar pan! It comes out flat and crisp, and I don't have to stand by the stove getting splattered. Even DH is trained to use stoneware for bacon.

Post Slut level RAINBOW since 10/23/2007

The opinions expressed in this post are those of Ann Szwarc, and do not reflect the opinions of The Pampered Chef® or Chef Success. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited. Proper attire please. We are trained professionals; do not attempt this at home.

What are the steps for baking the bacon? thanks!

I've never done it myself, but I've had people complain that once they cook the bacon the pan becomes so greasey that they can't clean it well. Someone told me to put parchment paper on the bottom. Any opinions on this??
    Dawn
    Director & Trainer
    New York

Some people line the pan with parchment paper. I don't bother.

Lay out 1 pound of bacon in the large bar pan. Strips will overlap slightly. Bake at 425F for about 20 minutes. Remove from pan.

That's it.
    Add or subtract time, depending on how crisp you like your bacon.

The opinions expressed in this post are those of Ann Szwarc, and do not reflect the opinions of The Pampered Chef® or Chef Success. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited. Proper attire please. We are trained professionals; do not attempt this at home.

Quote Quote by deliciousdiva
    What are the steps for baking the bacon? thanks!
    I think everyone does it a litte bit different.
    I cooked bacon on my bar pan last night. I simply layed the bacon on the pan and stuck it in the oven. I set the oven to 350 and just waited until it looked done (sorry that is how I cook, plus new house, new oven that I need to learn!).

Clean up is so easy......and the bacon tastes great!!

HTH!
    Have a Pampered Day!
    ~Erin Smith
    Independent Sr. Consultant
    with The Pampered Chef®
    erinyourpclady@yahoo.com
    /erinsyourpclady

Praying for Paige....always in our hearts

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"

After you do bacon, you do need to make sure you use REALLY hot water to clean the pan, and scrub it well. I have a kitchen brush that's for stoneware ONLY (so no soap), and that's what I use to get the grease off the pan.

I've never had a problem with anything else I cook in my bar pan tasting like bacon.

Oh- if you find that you can't get it quite clean enough, scrub it with some baking soda. That really helps clean stones, although it can remove some of the seasoning.

When it comes to cleaning it, I make sure it gets completely cool (usually place it on the large chest freezer in the garage - we have cats) and then let it run under HOT water until all the bacon grease is gone, then I scrape it.
    Kate Jensen
    Independent Director

Working to Advanced by National and Senior by Leadership!
    Wave 3 for me in Chicago!

I do mine in the micro on either the small bar pan or medium bar pan depending on how much I need. 1 minute per slice. Cover with a paper towel.

The few times I did this...I lined the pan with parchment paper. Let the pan cool and lifted off the paper into the trash. Then, using the HOTTEST tap water that comes out of the faucet, scrub with the kitchen brush.

I am one of the *FEW* that doesn't like the bacon cooked like this. I think it tastes like it's soaked in grease.

I make my bacon in my grill pan using the press! Lay bacon out flat, put press on, once it needs turned the first time you don't need to put the press back on (it will stay flat at that point). Cooks FLAT and evenly! I hate the clean up (on the top of my stove...) but the bacon tastes soooooo much better than on the bar pan.

**I do NOT tell customers this, since I am in the minority about this!....I tell them that the bar pan is "perfect for their bacon and will help keep their kitchen free of grease splatters!"
    Kelly
    Consultant for The Pampered Chef® #362574
    Facebook: KellyTheChef

Check out my hubby's Free Antivirus Software website!

Praying for Paige and her family until she comes home...

Bacon on the bar pan is the ONLY way we cook the bacon now. My husband says it should be a sin for bacon (a food he already loved) to melt in your mouth like cotton candy!! There's no grease splatter, no constantly standing over the stove, no yelling at the kids to get away from the hot pan in case the grease pops, I love it.

I preheat the oven to 425, put the bacon right on the pan and place in oven. Then I get the kids up, brush teeth, get dressed, then go start the eggs. Everything comes out hot and at the same time, without me babysitting it. I've baked cookies on the pan the same day and never had a bacon flavored cookie!

Jennifer

This is the ONLY way I make bacon now! I love, love, love the Bar pan for bacon and I haven't burned myself with splattering bacon in years!!! That in itself, makes me very passionate about selling bar pans! But the taste is fabulous, never had such even cooked bacon! The clean up is easy, I use parchment because it's easier but if your stone is new, I'd do the first few batches without the parchment! Bacon is a fabulous food to get your stone seasoned with! The oil from bacon turnes it nice and brown, okay.... mine is black! Another benefit is that you can put it in the oven and forget till the timer goes off and be focussing on everything else for breakfast and not worry about burning your bacon and no flipping!! Wahoooo!
    Go for it, both you and your sister, you'll never eat bacon from a cookware pan again!
    Last edited by MissChef; 08-10-2007 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Quote by pamperedmom24
    Bacon on the bar pan is the ONLY way we cook the bacon now. My husband says it should be a sin for bacon (a food he already loved) to melt in your mouth like cotton candy!! There's no grease splatter, no constantly standing over the stove, no yelling at the kids to get away from the hot pan in case the grease pops, I love it.

I preheat the oven to 425, put the bacon right on the pan and place in oven. Then I get the kids up, brush teeth, get dressed, then go start the eggs. Everything comes out hot and at the same time, without me babysitting it. I've baked cookies on the pan the same day and never had a bacon flavored cookie!

Jennifer
    how funny! you and I were posting at the same time and our first line of our post is almost identical! Great minds think alike, I always say!

Quote Quote by KellyTheChef
    The few times I did this...I lined the pan with parchment paper. Let the pan cool and lifted off the paper into the trash. Then, using the HOTTEST tap water that comes out of the faucet, scrub with the kitchen brush.

I am one of the *FEW* that doesn't like the bacon cooked like this. I think it tastes like it's soaked in grease.

I make my bacon in my grill pan using the press! Lay bacon out flat, put press on, once it needs turned the first time you don't need to put the press back on (it will stay flat at that point). Cooks FLAT and evenly! I hate the clean up (on the top of my stove...) but the bacon tastes soooooo much better than on the bar pan.

**I do NOT tell customers this, since I am in the minority about this!....I tell them that the bar pan is "perfect for their bacon and will help keep their kitchen free of grease splatters!"
    I'm sure you have thought about this but just in case, do you drain the bacon with paper towels. I also hate grease on my bacon, but I take each piece I eat and wrap it in a paper towel first to soak up all the grease. I do this with everything that has grease on it not just bacon.

Jennifer

Quote Quote by MissChef
    how funny! you and I were posting at the same time and our first line of our post is almost identical! Great minds think alike, I always say!
    That's funny!!! I went back and saw your post and thought it was mine for a second ! Maybe it's great cooks that think alike!

Jennifer

Quote Quote by KellyTheChef

Oh my! This is one of the very first posts I don't agree with you on! But hey, to each her own! I still love you anyway! Do you drain your bacon on papertowels?
    I do admit though that the grill press intrigued me! does this help to keep it from splatter a lot, as well as keeping the bacon flat? Do tell!

That's funny!!! I went back and saw your post and thought it was mine for a second ! Maybe it's great cooks that think alike!
    Jennifer
    I'll buy that!! My 11 year old son has been calling me "the best cooker ever" since he was 2 or 3! You got to love kids! He now calls me that, as our special joke! He's such a great kid! I only pray his wife, in at least 14-15 years!, had better know how to cook because he will send her to me and that will cause a lot of grief! Us girls do not always like to here how wonderful of cooks our MIL was/is!

I only make bacon on my bar now. No mess, no greasey bacon. Plus when we have guests for the weekend (which is often as none of our family live close) I can pop the bacon in when I get up and have it cooking as people get up. Since there is no flipping I am free to prep other foods.

I'm sure you have thought about this but just in case, do you drain the bacon with paper towels. I also hate grease on my bacon, but I take each piece I eat and wrap it in a paper towel first to soak up all the grease. I do this with everything that has grease on it not just bacon.

Jennifer
    Yikes, we did it again! Oh my, Jennifer, this is freaky!
    Too darn funny!
    Quote Quote by MissChef
    Oh my! This is one of the very first posts I don't agree with you on! But hey, to each her own! I still love you anyway! Do you drain your bacon on papertowels?
    I do admit though that the grill press intrigued me! does this help to keep it from splatter a lot, as well as keeping the bacon flat? Do tell!

Register to reply

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Bacon in the bar pan~ how do you do it?
    By merego in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 07:11 AM
  2. bacon in bar pan
    By quiverfull7 in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 07:47 AM
  3. bacon in the bar pan
    By Amy In Ohio in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 05:40 PM
  4. Bacon on Stoneware!