When to lift the parchment paper and brownies out of bar pan

I'm making a trifle and plan to use brownies made in the bar pan with parchment paper so I can lift them out to cut. Question is, when do you lift them out of the pan? Right away when they come out of the oven, or a few minutes, or what?

I wait a couple of minutes and then pull it out. It lets the brownies cool without overcooking from the residual heat of the stone.

Okay, thanks!

The concern that I had was the parchment paper moving as I poured in the batter thus cooking corners of the paper into the cake. Does anyone have a good idea on that?

Why use parchment paper?? Just for easy clean up? Or for easier cutting? The only reason I ask is I make a ton of brownies in my bar pan and have never used parchment paper with them and have never had any issues. They always turn out perfect with no hard edges. I was just curious.

The parchment is to lift out the brownies so that they're easier to cut and they cool without overcooking from the residual heat of the stone.

Quote Quote by chefshawna View Post
    Why use parchment paper?? Just for easy clean up? Or for easier cutting? The only reason I ask is I make a ton of brownies in my bar pan and have never used parchment paper with them and have never had any issues. They always turn out perfect with no hard edges. I was just curious.
    Well you answered my question I was wondering if I could make them without the parchment paper... LOL

I usually don't use parchment with my brownies and I have never had a problem with them over cooking because the pan was still hot. If I am making brownies for a trifle or other show recipe I cut them right in the pan. I make the brownie ahead of time and cut some of it before the show and the rest at the show. Doing that shows another feature of stoneware - it's safe to cut on the stone and the brownie does not stick.

I use the parchment with brownies or cake if I am making a recipe that is going to be layered rather than cut into squares.

ETA: To answer the original question of this thread, I wait until the brownie cools (at least a bit) - I have found that if you lift it too soon it can break apart as you lift because it's too soft.

I still have the edges and corners of my brownies going hard - am i over-cooking them?

So I completely botched my parchment paper attempt last night, ended up just making a second attempt in the bar pan w/o the paper. (I'll post about last night's show later) It worked just fine like normal. I was bummed, but it ended up being just fine. Just like Beth said, it was probably good anyway cause they saw the benefits of the stoneware and how you could cut easily and lift them out without them sticking, etc.

Quote Quote by LeanneB. View Post
    The concern that I had was the parchment paper moving as I poured in the batter thus cooking corners of the paper into the cake. Does anyone have a good idea on that?
    I was trying to make the peanut butter brownie torte... sorry if I got everyone sidetracked. The paper keeps moving around on the bottom of the pan. I learned how to make the parchment circles, but I just can't figure out how to keep them in place so the corner don't bake into my brownies. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Leanne

Quote Quote by LeanneB. View Post
    I was trying to make the peanut butter brownie torte... sorry if I got everyone sidetracked. The paper keeps moving around on the bottom of the pan. I learned how to make the parchment circles, but I just can't figure out how to keep them in place so the corner don't bake into my brownies. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Leanne
    The circle only needs to be as large (or a little smaller than) the "platform" in the middle of the pan. Spray the pan first, then put the parchment down. It should stick a little to the spray.

I did that and the paper still moved. I did it in two pieces per the instructions on CC, maybe I just need to cut one circle the size of the platform and try that. Thanks for your help!

I did that and the paper still moved. I did it in two pieces per the instructions on CC, maybe I just need to cut one circle the size of the platform and try that. Thanks for your help!

yeah- you should have 1 complete circle for each pan

Do you have the DVD for this selling season? It has the demo for the Choc. PB cup torte and shows how they make the parchment circle. I know that helped me figure out how to get it right. Spraying the pan first, then setting the circle on top helps get it to stick. Are you using Baker's Joy? That has the flour in it. That's the kind I use and the parchment stays put pretty well.

Yes, I got the DVD and got about 20 min. it and my 3 year old took over the TV. I will watch today while she naps and see what I can pick up. Thanks for the tip. I know this dessert was a major hit at my open house and any way that I can make it easier to demo would be great.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Parchment Paper
    By sklay723 in Products and Tips
    Replies: 14
    03-11-2008, 04:05 PM
  2. Parchment paper
    By lisacb77 in Products and Tips
    Replies: 4
    12-15-2006, 12:11 PM
  3. Parchment Paper
    By apriljc in Products and Tips
    Replies: 11