What to do with ham & turkey lunchmeat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I have a lot of deli ham and turkey that needs to get used up. Anyone have a recipe that calls for it? I'm looking for a dinner recipe, maybe a casserole or something?

I like putting cream cheese with ranch seasoning in them and rolling them up. Then cut them in spirals.

I freeze lunch meat too.

vwpamperedchef
    you could get crescent rolls and spread like cranberry cream cheese on it, then the cheese and ham, roll up and bake. YUM!!

Grilled Cheese and Ham sandwiches (or turkey)

Scalloped potato and ham casserole

sorry... brain must not be working much today, that's all I can come up with.

Chop the meat up for chef salads. Make ham salad - look up recipe on internet for one. Make brunch squares or an omelete. Check out All the Best cookbook and use it for ring fillings.

lost somewhere in the land of Lake Woebegon
    Paninis!

Or use them instead of ground beef and do the itialian hoagies from the Power cooking recipes.

Do you have any bread or pizza dough? do a baked roll up. roll out dough, spread with a bit of EVOO & pressed garlic. Lay out meat, cover with your favorite cheese, maybee add some finely sliced onions an bell pepper or whatever you loke. Roll it up put on stone seam side down. Bake at 350 for 15-20 mins YUM!

Broccoli Ham Ring!

I also make a ham/macaroni salad a lot...basically...shells, chopped ham, hardboiled eggs, onion, mayo or Miracle Whip and a little salt/pepper to taste.

Ham and cheese brunch squares! Yummy for dinner too, and cheaper if you use the shredded hash-browns and season them well yourself with salt and pepper (the patties are pre-seasoned but way more expensive).

Quote Quote by etteluap70PC View Post
    Paninis!

Or use them instead of ground beef and do the itialian hoagies from the Power cooking recipes.

Do you have any bread or pizza dough? do a baked roll up. roll out dough, spread with a bit of EVOO & pressed garlic. Lay out meat, cover with your favorite cheese, maybee add some finely sliced onions an bell pepper or whatever you loke. Roll it up put on stone seam side down. Bake at 350 for 15-20 mins YUM!
    Ooh, ahh! I have a Rhoades bread loaf, do you think that could work? Should I get it softened and then create this and let it rise and bake? I think I have the thin crust pizza dough also, maybe that would be easiest?

All your ideas are great! Also, would frozen broccoli work in a braid? If I thaw it a bit first?

lost somewhere in the land of Lake Woebegon
    Quote Quote by babywings76 View Post
    Ooh, ahh! I have a Rhoades bread loaf, do you think that could work? Should I get it softened and then create this and let it rise and bake? I think I have the thin crust pizza dough also, maybe that would be easiest?

All your ideas are great! Also, would frozen broccoli work in a braid? If I thaw it a bit first?
    Yes the frozen loaf will do but it needs to totaly defrost and rise a bit so you can roll it out. you do not need to let it rise again after doing the filling. Thin pizza dough is easiest. There is a recipe in all the best (philly cheese steak roll) that I got this idea from.

frozen brocoli would be ok as long as it is thawed and chopped fine.

Awesome, thanks!

mmm... I was going to suggest paninis, too. Ham and turkey on rye or sourdough, with some coarse mustard, cheese, and thinly sliced apples.

Quote Quote by babywings76 View Post
    I have a lot of deli ham and turkey that needs to get used up. Anyone have a recipe that calls for it? I'm looking for a dinner recipe, maybe a casserole or something?
    When life hands you meat... make a Panini!

Quote Quote by Kitchen Diva View Post
    When life hands you meat... make a Panini!
    and now I even have the grill pan to be able to make it! Wow, now I have to plan what to make what night. I have one night where I need to practice the Spinach Carbonara pizza, then a braid sounds great, and I love the baked roll up. Thanks ladies, my meals for the rest of the week are all planned!

Turkey cranberry wreath... YUMMMMMMMMM

Quote Quote by PamperChefCarol View Post
    Turkey cranberry wreath... YUMMMMMMMMM
    I was just scrolling down to see if anyone mentioned this! This one is soooooooooooo good!

I thought that called for actual real chunks of turkey meat. What I have is just thin sliced deli meat. But that recipe sounds real good, I'll have to try it sometime.

Get a refrigerated French bread loaf and bake it (or 2 and make the ring). Then make sub sandwiches with it.

The other thing I was going to mention was Panini's - LOVE THEM!!

I am making Turkey Cranberry Wreath for dinner tonight- Need to brush up on it, as it is my November recipe. 20% off stoneware, Hide the Turkey shows!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Turkey breast in DCB
    By RaggedyAunt in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 6
    02-20-2008, 08:04 PM
  2. Turkey Gyros
    By riggs62 in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 11
    08-31-2007, 12:37 PM
  3. 13.5 pound turkey
    By its_me_susan in Recipes and Tips