Pampered Chef Thread: Uncle Ben's in Rice Cooker

Default Uncle Ben's in Rice Cooker

Can anyone tell me how to cook Uncle Ben's in the Rice cooker? I've got the kind that it says to cook on the stovetop for 25 minutes or in the microwave it would be 5 minutes on high, then 15-20 minutes on medium. I'm not sure if there is a difference in using the rice cooker or not. Any suggestions are appreciated.

If it's just long-cooking rice, then we just do ratio 1:2 (rice:water) and cook on high for 15 mintues. We used to do the 5 then 15...but it works every time doing just 15 minutes straight up. (time might depend on your microwave)

Thanks so much! I appreciate the prompt reply.

Does anyone know about plain brown rice? I threw the pkg away and have it in a pretty jar. I usually do 1C of rice and 2 1/4C of water on the stove for about 50 min, but wanted to try the Rice Cooker.

I use the same ratio in the rice cooker that I do on the stovetop. I would start there with the brown rice too.
    Jane Suprise
    Independent Consultant

find me on Facebook www.facebook.com/JanesPowerhouse

Thanks.

How long would you cook it for?

I used my rice cooker for the first time yesterday with brown rice (regular), but did not cooked all the way. Does anyone done this before? How long do you cook it for and do you use the lid?
    Rice cooker directions said to follow rice package directions and there it says to cook covered for 10 minutes and then uncovered and cook for 20 minutes. I did this and did not worked.

Any tips?

Thanks,
    ~Fanny

Quote Quote by ilovpc View Post
    I used my rice cooker for the first time yesterday with brown rice (regular), but did not cooked all the way. Does anyone done this before? How long do you cook it for and do you use the lid?
    Rice cooker directions said to follow rice package directions and there it says to cook covered for 10 minutes and then uncovered and cook for 20 minutes. I did this and did not worked.

Any tips?

Thanks,
    I have never taken the lid off the rice cooker! Brown rice always takes longer, and needs more water than the 2-1 ratio used for white rice. But, it does work. I would do 1 cup rice to 2 1/4 cups water, cook on high 10 minutes then 50% for 15. Should come out fiine.

Register to reply

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Asian short grain rice in the rice cooker?
    By CookingwithMary in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 09:21 AM
  2. Quick Rice Pudding - Rice Cooker (help asap!)
    By Pampered Laura in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 11:03 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2006, 11:54 PM
  4. ISO recipe for Rice Pudding in our Rice Cooker Plus
    By Mzlinnie in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 09:05 PM
  5. Cooking brown rice in the rice cooker
    By kitchenqueen in forum Products and Tips
    Replies: 9