Pampered Chef Thread: Teriyaki Baste & Glaze !!

kam

Default Teriyaki Baste & Glaze !!

I am just sitting here laughing to myself right now!!

A few weeks ago I wanted to make the Chili-Lime Meatballs in the new App CB - but I could not find Teriyaki Baste & Glaze to save my life!!!

I ended up at 5 stores. The very last one - a last ditch effort since it is a very small store - had it. Though it was the last bottle! (Still wasn't Kikkoman brand).

So, here I am today, looking for a Fried Rice recipe, and I find Teriyaki Beef Fried Rice from the SB S/S 2005 and here is part of the recipe - it calls for 3/4 cup teriyaki baste and glaze

Cook's Tip: To substitute the teriyaki baste and glaze, combine 1/2 cup thin teriyaki sauce, 1/4 cup cold water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly until thickened.

HAHA - wish they had this in the Cook's notes on the App cookbook. Could've saved myself a lot of time!
    Kathleen

As another alternative - I make Fried Rice, and use 1/4 cup soy sauce mixed with 1/4 cup ginger-wasabi sauce, and 1-2 tsp. sugar as the sauce. It's yummy! It's the recipe I've been doing if someone doesn't want, or just had the Potato Chowder!
    Becky D.
    Director!

kam
    Quote Quote by ChefBeckyD View Post
    As another alternative - I make Fried Rice, and use 1/4 cup soy sauce mixed with 1/4 cup ginger-wasabi sauce, and 1-2 tsp. sugar as the sauce. It's yummy! It's the recipe I've been doing if someone doesn't want, or just had the Potato Chowder!
    What is the recipe you use?
    Kathleen

It's my own...and it's sooo easy. I am getting ready for a show right now, but I'll try to remember to find it and post it later tonight! (mine is chicken...and I've also made it w/ shrimp)
    Becky D.
    Director!

Quote Quote by ChefBeckyD View Post
    Becky!!

Recipe PLEASE!!!
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle...

Ginger
    DIRECTOR!!!
    Already earned Los Cabos!!!
    Earned Excellence in April!!!

I've had the same problem finding Teryaki Baste and Glaze....Why are they having this as an ingredient when it is so hard to find? All I can find is a Teryaki Marinade and Sauce. The glaze is needed for the Meatballs in the Dinners Done Cards.

I actually found it at Wal-mart, it was hidden very well in the same section as the chowmein you buy in a can!

Register to reply

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. teriyaki baste & glaze
    By kam in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 08:17 PM
  2. Urgent Teriyaki Baste?
    By kdangel518 in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 01:57 PM
  3. Looking For Square Stoneware (no glaze)
    By deanna_g in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 01:41 PM
  4. Glaze on Stoneware? NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE!!!
    By PampMomof3 in forum Chef's Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 04:06 PM
  5. glaze skips
    By cooking.with.ann in forum Customer Care & Service
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 04:07 PM