Summer Pasta salads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Quote by Kitchen Diva
    Girl, you are too funny! I totally want that recipe now! I don't have to win TPIR showdown to get it, do I?
    Well, know that you mention it.... is the price of the red bell pepper HIGH OR LOWER then the price of the olives????
    Answer me that and I'll give you the recipe!! ha ha

I am typing it up, went to bed last night with a headache and remembered this mornring, I forgot, sorry

Kacey,The Kitchen Diva..... COME ON DOWN.................

Bob Barker's Summertime Pasta Salad
    1 pound tri-color fusilli pasta
    3 bell peppers (yellow, red and green), cut into strips
    6 ounces grape tomatoes, halved (1 cup)
    1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
    One 6.5-ounce jar marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
    1 red onion, sliced
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    Italian seasoning
    Salt and pepper

1. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and transfer to a baking sheet to cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
    2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together the bell peppers, tomatoes, olives, artichokes, onion, garlic, olive oil and vinegar. Add the pasta, basil and lemon juice and toss again. Season to taste with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.

FOUR SERVINGS
    Prep Time: 10 min (plus cooling)
    Cook Time: 10 min

Thanks Meredith!

Oh, and the answer to your question is everything is more expensive than olives in MN! LOL Red peppers are $4.00 per pound here, and olives are cheaper in a jar than at the "olive bar" at the deli.

Thanks Meredith!

Oh, and the answer to your question is everything is more expensive than olives in MN! LOL Red peppers are $4.00 per pound here, and olives are cheaper in a jar than at the "olive bar" at the deli.

Ha, after I sent that I was looking at my grocery reciept and didn't realize how high peppers are ~yikes~ I got a 3 pack 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 red and it was $4.99. I looked at the wrong price when I picked them up. The olives my buddy Bob uses has pits, so I use my handy PC cherry/olive pitter that I bought for way overpriced on E-bay, but I wanted it so bad. I actually ended up with 4 of them and have had 3 people ask to buy them. I hope they bring that product back.
    Gotta run, it's time for me to go spin the big wheel and win some big money in the showcase showdown~ a girl can dream

LOVE the Mandarin Chicken Pasta Salad. It's a PC recipe but not sure where it's from. Makes a GREAT show recipe since it uses so much stuff. I get lots of raves when I bring this to bbqs too, although i usually omit the chicken just to make it a tad easier.

Ingredients:
    Dressing:
    1 teaspoon finely chopped, peeled fresh gingerroot
    1/3 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
    1/4 cup orange juice
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1 teaspoon sesame oil
    1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
    2 teaspoons sugar
    1 garlic clove, pressed

Salad:
    8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
    1/2 cucumber, scored, seeded and sliced
    1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
    1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
    1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves
    1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained
    2 cups diced cooked chicken
    1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted

1. For dressing, finely chop gingerroot using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, combine gingerroot, vinegar, orange juice, vegetable oil, sesame oil, soup mix, sugar and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; whisk until well blended. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.

2. For salad, cook pasta according to package directions in Professional (8-qt.) Stockpot; drain and rinse under cold running water using large Colander. Place pasta in Simple Additions™ Large Bowl.

3. Meanwhile, score cucumber using Lemon Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using The Corer™. Slice cucumber using Ultimate Slice & Grate; cut slices in half. Dice bell pepper using Chef’s Knife. Coarsely chop onion using Food Chopper.

4. Add cucumber, bell pepper, onion, spinach, mandarin oranges, chicken and almonds to pasta. Pour dressing over salad; toss using Bamboo Spatula Set. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving (11/2 cups): Calories 210, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 11 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 2 g

Here was tonight's new made-up salad:

Janet's Greek Chicken Pasta Salad (using Pampered Chef products)

4 cups shredded cooked chicken
    1 lb. bowtie pasta
    about 3/4 cup Basil Blend Canola Oil (if you don't want to use that much use about 1/4 cup and add olive oil but the flavors in the canola oil make the recipe!)
    2 1/2 Tablespoons Greek Rub

Single portion size...

1 cup cooked chicken
    2 tsp. Greek Rub
    1/4 cup Basil Blend Canola Oil
    1/4 lb. Bowtie pasta

Quote Quote by aksusan
    This is my all-time favorite cold salad. Pretty good the 2nd day too - and if you're not a fan of cilantro, parsley could be a sub, but the flavor of the cilantro is awesome in this.

ORZO SALAD

12 oz. Semolina Orzo
    20 Ripe Cherry Tomatoes, halved
    1 (15 oz.) can Black Beans, rinsed & drained
    2/3 C. Diced Red Onion
    ¼ C. Olive Oil
    2 ½ T. Sherry Wine Vinegar
    ½ tsp. Salt
    ½ C. Finely Chopped Cilantro Leaves and Tender Stems
    Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain, rinse and drain again the black beans. Shortly before serving time, toss ingredients together.

Susan, I made this yesterday for our cookout and it was a BIG hit! Very yummy!

My favorite pasta salad is Curried Chicken and Pineapple.

I make it with rotini but any macaroni would do. I have made it without chicken as well, for our vegetarian friends. You can use canned chicken or maybe even substitute tuna.

Salad Ingredients:
    One box small pasta (rotini), cooked
    3 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
    20 oz can of pineapple tidbits or chunks, drained
    1/2 cup of sliced ripe black olives
    1/2 cup sliced scallions
    2 cups sliced celery

Dressing Ingredients:
    1 cup mayonaisse
    1/4 cup sour cream
    2 tsp curry

Hi!

I'm in search of about 6 really yummy, simple cold pasta salad recipes for summer time. It would be great if I could get some that are made with meat (like chicken or tuna) and some that aren't. Cream based or vinegarette based sauces/dressing are fine with me... I'm just tired of my old tuna noodle pasta salad and the ones that come in a box- which to my defense I've only made a handfull of times because the pasta recipes out there seem to have a lot of strange or really strong flavors in them.

TIA for the help- I'm just trying to change up our side dishes a bit and also find some that could be used as a main dish served with fruit on the side for those really hot and lazy days of summer!

If it's easier, feel free to email them to me at kitchen.diva@comcast.net
    Here is my pasta salad receipe (forgive me if somebody posted one similar, I didn't look through them all)

1 box Tri-Colored Pasta
    1 tomato
    1 cucumber
    1 can of slived olives
    5 slices of ham
    bottle of zesty italian dressing
    McCormack Salad Supreme seasoning

Mix all together, add the dressing and seasoning to taste! Thats it! It's a HUGE favorite of everyone I know they always ask me to make it. You can also add an onion but I HATE onions!

yummy. these sound really good.

OK-Tab, where in Alabama are you from?? I grew up in Ozark and went to college at Auburn!

I use rotini pasta, Italian dressing, diced cucumber, red & green peppers, shredded Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper to taste. That's it. Pretty plain but tasty.

You could add carrots & yellow squash or zucchini & pepperoni. Sometimes I add bacon bits. For a different flavor, change the dressing & veggies. I don't think you could go wrong.

Quote Quote by stacywhitlow
    I use rotini pasta, Italian dressing, diced cucumber, red & green peppers, shredded Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper to taste. That's it. Pretty plain but tasty.

You could add carrots & yellow squash or zucchini & pepperoni. Sometimes I add bacon bits. For a different flavor, change the dressing & veggies. I don't think you could go wrong.
    Mmmmmm BACON! What a glorious thing---bacon!

My favorite PC recipe is the asian summer salad. In fact, made it for a bbq yesterday.

But I am thinking that I am going to use part sesame oil/part veggie oil next time. I will post the recipe here later.

Mmmmmm BACON! What a glorious thing---bacon!
    Everytime I hear the word Bacon I think, "Beggin strips, dogs don't know its not bacon."

My kids quoted that commercial ALL last summer!

That is sooo not bacon! I love bacon. My dogs won't eat those beggin' strips for some reason. LOL

That is sooo not bacon! I love bacon. My dogs won't eat those beggin' strips for some reason. LOL
    It DEFINITELY is not bacon - I too love bacon! My dogs will eat those though, but they love pig ears more than anything!

The kids just like the commercial.

Sammie's favorite actually for the last 2 years is...

"There might be bugs on some of you mugs, but there ain't no bugs on me!"

Quote Quote by janetupnorth
    It DEFINITELY is not bacon - I too love bacon! My dogs will eat those though, but they love pig ears more than anything!

The kids just like the commercial.

Sammie's favorite actually for the last 2 years is...

"There might be bugs on some of you mugs, but there ain't no bugs on me!"
    That's Micah's favorite too! In fact, it's a family favorite....and just so you know how corny we are here - we all stop what we are doing and sing along when the commercial comes on!

Quote Quote by ChefBeckyD
    That's Micah's favorite too! In fact, it's a family favorite....and just so you know how corny we are here - we all stop what we are doing and sing along when the commercial comes on!

that's corny???
    we love that commercial!

Quote Quote by ChefBeckyD
    Just sing? It's sing and all out dance around here!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Okay, why.... (Spin on Salads....)
    By PampChefJoy in Chef's Lounge
    Replies: 2
    07-31-2007, 10:41 AM
  2. Spin on Salads
    By purrbal in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 14
    06-20-2007, 06:14 PM
  3. Salads in trifle
    By bbenton4 in Recipes and Tips