Pampered Chef Thread: Substitute for Smoky BBQ Rub?

Default Substitute for Smoky BBQ Rub?

Hi there! I would love to make the new Sloppy Joe recipe from the Power Cooking recipes tonight but I do not have the Smoky BBQ Rub. Anybody know of a good substitute to try?

Thanks!!
    Summer

No, sorry. I really like the PC flavor and it's not like others I've tried.

I can't think of one off the top of my head either! I made a triple batch which normally would take 6T of the rub...I only had 3 left so dumped it all in...it was plenty!

Anyway, I figured it's easier to make a triple batch of one thing than 3 different things at one, they another day make a bigger batch of another one. The recommendation is freeze up to 3 months so sloppy joes once a month is not often at all...I should be able to use it up by then.

By the way if anyone cares a 32oz. bottle of ketchup = 3 cups of ketchup.
    Janet
    Indep. Consultant #511321
    pchef4u@chefsuccess.com
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

I had to buy a bottle from walmart the other day. And it was pretty good. Not sure what brand it was but it was a smokey BBQ rub.
    Freedom

"Life was so simple when boys had cooties."

"You can try your hardest, say and do everything, but sometimes people aren't worth trying over anymore. Remember who is."

Quote Quote by janetupnorth
    I can't think of one off the top of my head either! I made a triple batch which normally would take 6T of the rub...I only had 3 left so dumped it all in...it was plenty!

Anyway, I figured it's easier to make a triple batch of one thing than 3 different things at one, they another day make a bigger batch of another one. The recommendation is freeze up to 3 months so sloppy joes once a month is not often at all...I should be able to use it up by then.

By the way if anyone cares a 32oz. bottle of ketchup = 3 cups of ketchup.
    Good to know - and a good tip for shows too!
    Becky D.
    Director!

Quote Quote by Kodeysmom
    I had to buy a bottle from walmart the other day. And it was pretty good. Not sure what brand it was but it was a smokey BBQ rub.
    I have been looking at walmart for a substitute. The microwave pork loin takes a LOT of rub. I went through almost a whole bottle for that one salad recipe. My director has the old BBQ seasoning, so I'm going to try that. She said it's similar. I hope so b/c the smoky rub is delicious! I need to search walmart again. I need it for a show on Saturday.

I think emeril even has one. There were some that were in big fat short tubs too.
    Freedom

"Life was so simple when boys had cooties."

"You can try your hardest, say and do everything, but sometimes people aren't worth trying over anymore. Remember who is."

Register to reply

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Is there a substitute for....
    By vwpamperedchef in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 09:00 PM
  2. Substitute for Sprinkles?
    By catlwilles in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 07:45 PM
  3. Could I substitute...
    By tashayoung in forum Recipes and Tips