Substitute for Smoky BBQ Rub?

Hi there! I would love to make the new Sloppy Joe recipe from the Power Cooking recipes tonight but I do not have the Smoky BBQ Rub. Anybody know of a good substitute to try?

Thanks!!
    Summer

No, sorry. I really like the PC flavor and it's not like others I've tried.

I can't think of one off the top of my head either! I made a triple batch which normally would take 6T of the rub...I only had 3 left so dumped it all in...it was plenty!

Anyway, I figured it's easier to make a triple batch of one thing than 3 different things at one, they another day make a bigger batch of another one. The recommendation is freeze up to 3 months so sloppy joes once a month is not often at all...I should be able to use it up by then.

By the way if anyone cares a 32oz. bottle of ketchup = 3 cups of ketchup.

I had to buy a bottle from walmart the other day. And it was pretty good. Not sure what brand it was but it was a smokey BBQ rub.

Quote Quote by janetupnorth
    I can't think of one off the top of my head either! I made a triple batch which normally would take 6T of the rub...I only had 3 left so dumped it all in...it was plenty!

Anyway, I figured it's easier to make a triple batch of one thing than 3 different things at one, they another day make a bigger batch of another one. The recommendation is freeze up to 3 months so sloppy joes once a month is not often at all...I should be able to use it up by then.

By the way if anyone cares a 32oz. bottle of ketchup = 3 cups of ketchup.
    Good to know - and a good tip for shows too!

Quote Quote by Kodeysmom
    I had to buy a bottle from walmart the other day. And it was pretty good. Not sure what brand it was but it was a smokey BBQ rub.
    I have been looking at walmart for a substitute. The microwave pork loin takes a LOT of rub. I went through almost a whole bottle for that one salad recipe. My director has the old BBQ seasoning, so I'm going to try that. She said it's similar. I hope so b/c the smoky rub is delicious! I need to search walmart again. I need it for a show on Saturday.

I think emeril even has one. There were some that were in big fat short tubs too.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Is there a substitute for....
    By vwpamperedchef in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 14
    01-05-2008, 09:00 PM
  2. Substitute for Sprinkles?
    By catlwilles in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 2
    08-27-2007, 07:45 PM
  3. Could I substitute...
    By tashayoung in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 2