Stoneware Microwave Cakes, anyone?

Pampered Laura
    I love microwave cakes in the stoneware, because it makes people go nuts when they find out they can use stones in the micro!

Anyone have good recipes for Microwave Cakes in Stoneware? I have the Fluted Pan, so those would be good too.
    Thanks!

The only one I have is the strawberry cheescake. I got it off of here. It is REALLY good, and super moist. Other than that, maybe search the recipes files, there are alot of different files for different peices of PC. hth

The version I always make is a devil's food cake (made according to instructions) mix put into the fluted pan. Then add 2/3 of a can of fudge icing. Microwave for 12 minutes - turn 1/4 turn every 3 minutes if no carousel in the microwave. Comes out like those chocolate lava cakes that you pay $4 per slice for in a restaurant!! Yum Yum!

I've sold bunches of fluted pans just with that recipe!

I know that you can make the Sunshine Cake in the microwave because that's what the recipe says to do. You can find it in the Casual Cooking Cookbook. I think there are instructions to cook it in the oven, too. If so, couldn't you just use that formula to convert oven time/temp to microwave cooking?

Quote Quote by Pampered Laura
    I love microwave cakes in the stoneware, because it makes people go nuts when they find out they can use stones in the micro!

Anyone have good recipes for Microwave Cakes in Stoneware? I have the Fluted Pan, so those would be good too.
    Thanks!

Here are some.
    http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthrea...icrowave+cakes

Go to post #10

Lee Anne

Quote Quote by cmdtrgd
    I know that you can make the Sunshine Cake in the microwave because that's what the recipe says to do. You can find it in the Casual Cooking Cookbook. I think there are instructions to cook it in the oven, too. If so, couldn't you just use that formula to convert oven time/temp to microwave cooking?

THis cake is awesome too! I think the recipe does call for micro times. It's a great recipe for summer

Quote Quote by loreedfk
    The version I always make is a devil's food cake (made according to instructions) mix put into the fluted pan. Then add 2/3 of a can of fudge icing. Microwave for 12 minutes - turn 1/4 turn every 3 minutes if no carousel in the microwave. Comes out like those chocolate lava cakes that you pay $4 per slice for in a restaurant!! Yum Yum!

I've sold bunches of fluted pans just with that recipe!
    You put the can of frosting on top of the cake batter?

When you put the frosting on top of the cake batter, it sinks during cooking, so that the cake is really moist and the frosting melts at the bottem and covers the cake when you flip it out... so yummy and easy!!! hth - alison

Pampered Laura
    okie dokie! I made the Strawberry Micro cake today at my show, and it was PERFECT! Micro for 14 mins, cooled on the cooling rack for about 10 mins, flipped it over on to the Celebrate Plate. It didnt come loose right away, but a few mins with the stone still on top of the cake, and it came right out!
    Perfect-o!
    I put Whipped Cream around the sides and all inside the middle, and did Strawberry fans around the edges and one in the middle. Looked SO pretty - everyone was very impressed (including me!) LOL
    Thanks everyone!

Quote Quote by GourmetGirl
    When you put the frosting on top of the cake batter, it sinks during cooking, so that the cake is really moist and the frosting melts at the bottem and covers the cake when you flip it out... so yummy and easy!!! hth - alison
    So it ends up at the top of the cake.... hiding the at times slightly mushy cake top???? I need to try this one. Thanks!

I love to do variations on the 1-2-3 cakes
    For May I did a pink and white polka dot micro cake.
    1 box white cake mix
    1 can strawberry pie filling (21 oz)
    3 eggs
    1 cup white chocolate chips.

12 minutes in the fluted pan
    So yummy!

I posted this in another thread too, but wanted to make sure it is with the fluted stone thread too....

The lava cake.... I made this in the fluted stone tonight for the first time - - - the cake was collapsed in the center area where the frosting was. It didn't look very good, thank goodness it tasted great. Was it supposed to look like that? Did I do something wrong? Help!

Also - Is there a cake recipe using white or yellow cake mix that doesn't have fruit in it?

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by its_me_susan; 06-03-2006 at 08:00 PM.

You can do the 123 cake with 1 cake mix 2 cups of sour cream and 3 eggs. works well with any flavor of cake.

I like to serve these cakes hot with a topping of Melted chocolate chips and cool whip (works with any flavor chips) It is a recipe PC gave us awhile back. equal parts and micro for 1 minute then stir. Really yummy, fudgy topping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Microwave cakes
    By niccibyrd in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 0
    04-17-2008, 01:42 PM
  2. Microwave Cakes
    By cookn' katie in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 1
    09-13-2007, 12:08 PM
  3. Microwave Cakes
    By SusanBP0129 in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 4