Sprinkles on Sugar cookies help

I'd love to try this for my Open House - do the sprinkles go on before or after baking the cookies? Has anyone tried just mixing them into the dough?

I've seen them primarily added after baking and cooling. In fact, they're usually sprinkled on top of frosting.

I put them on my spritz cookies before baking and they looked very pretty - and of course tasted yummy!

Ooh- forgot about that! I usually do that, too, especially on the tree shape (which I make with green-tinted dough).

I put the sprinkles on BEFORE baking. I flatten out the dough a little so they don't all just roll off and sprinkle generously knowing the cookie will expand a little while baking. I also pat the sprinkles in a little before they go in the oven, so they bake in rather than just on and then roll off... works very well that way.

I'll concede on the "before baking" tip. My mom very very rarely had sprinkles for cookies when I was growing up, and I don't make sugar cookies. When we did use sprinkles when I was a kid, they were always added after baking, so that's how I thought they were supposed to be added.

I think colored sugar is good post-baking (to keep the color from diminishing) but these sprinkles really melt nicely into sugar cookies. Plus they smell up the house REALLY well. I made these for my open house and wowed my neighbor who was the only one who showed but at least she brought her daughter and they both LOVED the cookies with the sprinkles and couldn't believe they weren't homemade (I cheated and used Pillsbury's sugar cookie 'tube')..

It all sounds good to me!!! I do like the idea of frosting the cookie and then sprinkling it on too!

Before baking for me too on cookies!

Also great ADDED to cinnamon rolls in the can...

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Sweet Sprinkles
    By stephygurl in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 14
    05-24-2008, 10:55 AM
  2. New Sprinkles rolls?
    By heat123 in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 10
    09-03-2007, 11:22 PM
  3. Substitute for Sprinkles?
    By catlwilles in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 2