Pampered Chef Thread: Sprinkles on Sugar cookies help

Default Sprinkles on Sugar cookies help

I'd love to try this for my Open House - do the sprinkles go on before or after baking the cookies? Has anyone tried just mixing them into the dough?

I've seen them primarily added after baking and cooling. In fact, they're usually sprinkled on top of frosting.

Post Slut level RAINBOW since 10/23/2007

The opinions expressed in this post are those of Ann Szwarc, and do not reflect the opinions of The Pampered Chef® or Chef Success. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited. Proper attire please. We are trained professionals; do not attempt this at home.

I put them on my spritz cookies before baking and they looked very pretty - and of course tasted yummy!
    Director
    ...on Chef Success since 1/21/05
    ...Pampered Chef Host for almost 20 years before joining but no one asked - I was a Home Office lead. ASK EVERYONE!

Ooh- forgot about that! I usually do that, too, especially on the tree shape (which I make with green-tinted dough).

The opinions expressed in this post are those of Ann Szwarc, and do not reflect the opinions of The Pampered Chef® or Chef Success. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited. Proper attire please. We are trained professionals; do not attempt this at home.

I put the sprinkles on BEFORE baking. I flatten out the dough a little so they don't all just roll off and sprinkle generously knowing the cookie will expand a little while baking. I also pat the sprinkles in a little before they go in the oven, so they bake in rather than just on and then roll off... works very well that way.
    ~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~
    Lisa Prescott
    Independent Consultant

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them" - Asimov

I'll concede on the "before baking" tip. My mom very very rarely had sprinkles for cookies when I was growing up, and I don't make sugar cookies. When we did use sprinkles when I was a kid, they were always added after baking, so that's how I thought they were supposed to be added.

I think colored sugar is good post-baking (to keep the color from diminishing) but these sprinkles really melt nicely into sugar cookies. Plus they smell up the house REALLY well. I made these for my open house and wowed my neighbor who was the only one who showed but at least she brought her daughter and they both LOVED the cookies with the sprinkles and couldn't believe they weren't homemade (I cheated and used Pillsbury's sugar cookie 'tube')..
    ~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~
    Lisa Prescott
    Independent Consultant

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them" - Asimov

It all sounds good to me!!! I do like the idea of frosting the cookie and then sprinkling it on too!
    Ann E
    Independent Advanced Sales Director and Trainer for
    The Pampered Chef
    Rest in Peace, Paige. Never to be forgotten.

Before baking for me too on cookies!

Also great ADDED to cinnamon rolls in the can...
    Janet
    Indep. Consultant #511321
    pchef4u@chefsuccess.com
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Register to reply

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Sweet Sprinkles
    By stephygurl in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 10:55 AM
  2. New Sprinkles rolls?
    By heat123 in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 11:22 PM
  3. Substitute for Sprinkles?
    By catlwilles in forum Recipes and Tips